Zooropa!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xenx

The Fly
Barcelona (Catalonia). Freedom for Catalonia!
Hello!!

What do you think about zooropa (the album) For me is the second best album of U2, behind Achtung baby!! And sometimes is very underrated.

Sorry for my bad english.

Long life for Lemon, Numb, Dirty Day, Zooropa, Daddy's, and Stay!! (And for Some days, Babyface, The first time and the wanderer, of course!!)

Greatings from Catalonia!!

It was the first U2 album I ever bought, loved it enough to become a fanatic.

:up:

Last edited:
Now that is a great welcome! :wave:

Yep, Zooropa is also my second best favourite behind AB. Great album, great sounds, great band.

C ya!

Marty

Amazing. Really pushes the boundaries of what music can do. I dislike "Numb", and don't really see the point in "The Wanderer", because Bono isn't singing. But the other 8 songs are amazing. I made my own version of the album with all the songs that were supposed to be on there but weren't "HMTMKMKM", "Slow dancing", and "If God will send his angels". You wouldn't believe how well they fit. IGWSHA fits better on Zooropa than on POP, I feel.

At first listen to AB and zooropa i was very very dissapointed. i dont know why it just dint do it for me at first. then one night i was in a kind of somber mood and threw on zooropa and it clicked right there and then. i loved it and became my favorite cd . then i had the idea todo the same with AB and WOW i was hooked. these 2 album especially actung baby will go down as some of the most under rated music that needs to be exposed.

I became a fan after getting Achtung Baby, so this was the first album I got to buy the day of it's release. My hometown paper practically devoted an entire section to the band and Zooropa the day it came out. I was 16 years old, and this album instantly won me over. Yes, it is experimental and even quirky at times, but it brings back many memories of riding my bike around listening to it on my headphones at night. I actually rank this behind AB, ATYCLB, and UF, but it still holds up well after thousands of listenings. Awesome.

When I first got it I was like... what the hell is this... and didn't listen to it at all pretty much.

Then I thought, oh why don't I pop it into my cd player, try it again. And what an amazing album! I think they shouldn't have had Zooropa though, I think that was what turned me off the album at the start.

Now it is one of my favourite U2 albums, battling with Pop for 3rd place behind Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree.

I am always torn between Zooropa and Achtung as my favourite album. Zooropa got me hooked on U2, before that I didn't care much for them. I remember listening to "Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car" over and over. I also remember listeing to Lemon and thinking what the hell is this? Then a week later I was playing it over and over.
I always get lost inside that album.

And xenx, your english seems great, never apologize about a second language (or third in your case).

I :heart: Zooropa. Why they didn't play anything from it on the Popmart tour I'll never understand. Some of the songs would have been perfect - Lemon, Numb, Daddy's.. and Dirty Day, all would have fitted in perfectly. The first 3 songs especially could have made great use of the big screen.

Please play something from it (other than Stay) on the next tour - anything!! Gone on you little teases, you know you want to!

A continuation to my post above:

Today was a rainy day and I did enjoy some Zooropa. It was especially divine this morning as I was walking to my morning class and the sky was gray and "Zooropa" was in my ears. Get your head out of the mud, baby...

Zooropa is a great album, and a very underrated one also. I don't quite know where to put it in my U2 album favorite list because I love them all. But Zooropa is the one I've been listening to the most lately. It just fits the uncertain times.

Great, great album! There was another thread smashing ZOOROPA where I really stood up for it. I won't repeat it all hear but ZOOROPA is a very atmospheric and moody album with some brilliant vocals. All songs are a joy to listen to, as is the album as a whole. It really does have a unique feel of togetherness as an album - probably more so than any other by the band. I :heart: it!

JTH

P.S. Xenx welcome to the board! You're english isn't half bad you know. Just; for me IT is the second best album of U2, behind Achtung baby!! And sometimes IT is very underrated. I was in Catalunya last year by the way. I visited the Nou Camp! I must say it was a lovely city. And long live Barca FC!

Back
Top Bottom