Zooropa?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooper2000

The Fly
I just bought Zooropa, the 2nd last peice of my U2 album collection (WAIA is the last). Anyways.. I went through it once.. will this grow on me? Because, so far.. i'm not liking what I listen to. Stay is the only song ive been able to listen to so far.

MattFromNYC said:
give it some time., dont quickly judge on just one listen. wtf?
but whatever you do.. DONT THROW IT IN THE TRASHCAN!!!!!

:lmao:

Oh my God... this shit is too funny!!!

Zooropa is a true gem :love: The title track is amazing, along with Stay, Numb, Lemon, The First Time...

and Dirty Day is one of my favourite U2 songs ever. :yes: Just give it a chance.

personally speaking, Zooropa is probably my second favorite U2 album. I sure hope it will grow on you. But i'd definitely say that this album has quite a "unique" sound and i'm sure some people love it and some people just can't get into it.

It's probably not at all what you were expecting, give it a few more spins all the way through.

watch the Sidney ZooTV video and it will give you a whole new appreciation for Lemon, Daddys Gonna Pay, and Dirty Day. I didnt really like Daddys Gonna Pay or Dirty Day until I saw them live and wow, they blew me away

here, check out Dirty Day for yourself, its Bono at his absolute sexiest

http://s40.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=2G6OC4R9OJQLQ3JIKND414D35E

(copy and past the link into your browser and delete the space between you and sendit)

after you watch it sign the petition in my sig, great, thanks

xtihn said:
personally speaking, Zooropa is probably my second favorite U2 album. I sure hope it will grow on you. But i'd definitely say that this album has quite a "unique" sound and i'm sure some people love it and some people just can't get into it.

:up:

hey chizip i downloaded the dirty day clip and i signed your petition.

OH MY GOD! I always loved this song but after watching that zootv clip i am so close to orgasm. SOOOO HOT! :drool:

zooropa's probably in my top 3 U2 albums, and it's by far the most listened-to one...i never get bored with it.

i'd reccomend listening to the whole album through a few more times, cos it flows really well and is much stronger as an album than by individual songs.

songs you should really listen to again though are zooropa, lemon, dirty day, and the first time.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1)Put Zooropa CD in CD Player

2)Press Play

3)When the CD is finished, press play again

4)Repeat steps 2-4

Sooner or later, the sheer brilliance of the record will hit you like a ton of bricks.

Simply, U2 at their best.

Loved it the first time I heard it, listened to it all the way thru last week, still as good as the first time I heard it.

I'm so jealous of you! I love listening to new U2 material and falling in love all over again and beginning new memories with a beautiful soundtrack.
Babyface is a beautiful love song.
I wish I can go back and be my New U2 Fan self again. :drool:

I also didn't like it when I listened for the first time, one year ago! Listen more carefully and more times! Zooropa, Stay, Dirty Day, The First Time, Some Days Are Better Than Others and Babyface are trully great songs! The others I don't like so much, but ok...

The beauty of Zooropa is that it's U2, relatively quickly (very, very quickly for them) running with a hyperactive mind as it happens, catching the energy and feeling of a specific moment and putting it onto record. It is an album that is an immediate perfect reflection of a singular time, yet it remains completely timeless.

It is the anti-Bomb and I fucking love it.

Zooropa is a grower, yes. I suggest listening to Achtung Baby first to get you into the 1991-1994 frame of mind, and then move right on to Zooropa. The two albums belong together, played back to back.

Give it time. The brilliance of the album will come to you.

Cooper2000 said:
I just bought Zooropa, the 2nd last peice of my U2 album collection (WAIA is the last). Anyways.. I went through it once.. will this grow on me? Because, so far.. i'm not liking what I listen to. Stay is the only song ive been able to listen to so far.

That's what I thought the first time I listened to it, too, but after a few--well, maybe 5 or 6--more, it definitely grew on me. That was more than 10 years ago, and I still pull it out and listen to it pretty often.

Back
Top Bottom