Zoonation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is U2tour.com gone or what? I know *******.com is still there, but what about just tour with no s? It had some cool pics I was looking for.

Originally posted by JohnCash:
So whatever happened to www.zoonation.com? I've tried to visit and it hasn't been up for weeks. Is everything I know about zoonation.com wrong?

I know! Zoonation used to be so cool! Back in the day it was pretty much just Zoonation and Prarit's site!

A lot of good U2 sites are dissapearing lately
frown.gif

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

Speaking of...... I really miss u2hotel.com!

------------------
12 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
Is U2tour.com gone or what? I know *******.com is still there, but what about just tour with no s? It had some cool pics I was looking for.

I was wondering that too, cause their ticket databases were GREAT! I sold several tickets that way....?????????

Also another site disappeared! www.u2one.com do you remember?
Some u2 sites are disappearing for several reasons!
1)The maintenance of a site can be pretty expensive! I'm not talking about to buy a .com domain (only few dollars) but about the line (hosting is really expensive)
2)A site offering multimedia downloads can be expensive too. (any idea of how much GB of data transfer can be generated?)
3)A "serious" website must be always checked (news, layout, system status).
So, to offer good things to users isn't easy, and i think for the webmasters which closed those sites, the idea to loose all their job hasn't been easy!
I'm a little bit afraid cause i discovered u2 community through zoonation 3 years ago!
But c'est la vie! You run a u2 site just for passion, but when you have to pay the bill, sometime you fuck the Passion!
Interference teaches as well! Weeks ago they asked help to the fans for the maintenance of Forum! So, you can get troubles anywhere!
I run a u2 site as well, and i pay 450 dollars each year for the hosting, but my site is quite famous, i have satisfactions! But no more, just few money for advertising!
Could be nice sometimes to hear a "Thanks" for what u2 webmasters do for U2.
Last year U2.com told "we will open Zootopia with the aid of u2 most appreciated web sites", did you see anything later?
Me not! Could be nice to hear from u2.com a thanks.
By the way if you're looking for u2 websites check Online Music Awards Top 100!
U2.com only arrived at #28 hihii!
http://www.dotmusic.com/specials/oma01/

Originally posted by georgie:
I'm a little bit afraid cause i discovered u2 community through zoonation 3 years ago!

yeah, Zoonation was my first contact to a U2-online community as well.

It?s a pitty really, but i can also understand that it takes a lot of money and time to maintain a web-page. I?m glad Elvis told us about his problems and we were able to help.

------------------
Action-Packed Mentallist

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Back
Top Bottom