Zoo TV Versions of Bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DevilsShoes

War Child
I'm not very keen on the falsetto effect Bono used for the 'Wide Awakes' on this tour, which he seemed to use for the majority of gigs. He does it very well of course and it sounds great in some songs, its just for this one I think that after such a build up it feels anti-climatic, I think the scream is far more dramatic and impactful. Does anyone know of any boots from this tour where he belted it out as on JT and Lovetown tours. The only two I know of are Washington and Milan, are there any more? :)

I love the guitar effect Edge used on those ZooTV versions...

in the Milan bootleg you can clearly hear it... and the Stockholm too :drool:

DevilsShoes said:
I'm not very keen on the falsetto effect Bono used for the 'Wide Awakes' on this tour, which he seemed to use for the majority of gigs. He does it very well of course and it sounds great in some songs, its just for this one I think that after such a build up it feels anti-climatic, I think the scream is far more dramatic and impactful. Does anyone know of any boots from this tour where he belted it out as on JT and Lovetown tours. The only two I know of are Washington and Milan, are there any more? :)

1992-03-01 - Miami
1992-03-18 - East Rutherford
1992-04-21 - Tacoma
1992-06-15 - Rotterdam
1993-08-14 - Leeds

There's more, have to find them first :)

I think he succed in more whole "awakes" on ZooTV then on LT tour, I think he never succed to sing a whole long "Wide Awake" on the whole LT tour. It was more Wide Aawake eee yeah eee instead of Awaaaaaaaaaaaake on LT.

I uploaded a link with four live versions of Bad wich in my opionion in the best ones.

http://download .yousend it.com/FD70DB4B53AA118B

The zip file contains:

1986-06-15 - East Rutherford
This one is in my opionion the best one ever, sure it is not so long, but this date is in my opionion Bono's peak in his voice.

1992-03-18 - East Rutherford
This is the best version I've heard from ZooTV, Bono has a lot of energy in this one.

1993-08-28 - Dublin
This is a very good version, I love the sopunds in his voice on the "fades" in 4:19 and 4:21 in this version

2005-12-04 - Bad
This version is a proof that Bono still can hit a C on the Wide Awake(the last second part of the song)

Back
Top Bottom