Zoo tv Sydney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonnytakeawalk

Refugee
I only brought the video of this concert recently but I am so blown away by every single performance, in particular,

Zoo Station (it's alright, it's alright Sydney tonight!), Mysterious ways, Even better than the real thing, running to stand still, dirty day, bullet the blue sky, daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car, lemon and of course Streets (best performance of streets at least that I've ever heard :drool: )

I just love all the little things too like Bono saying, 'you are the loudest bunch of Mother Fuckers' and the whole crowd cheering. and Of course Bono's performance as Macphisto was just a crack up 'You've made me very famous and I thank you.'

Anyway, so I'm just curious as to other peoples highlights and favourite moments of Zoo tv Sydney

I love it! Dirty Day just blows me away. The album version gave no indication that there was a good song lurking somewhere deep inside the track.

On the weekend my father-in-law was over, and I had Sydney playing one night. The next day he was talking about how great he thought it was, etc..

My father in law is a 65 year old man who doesn't even listen to music. But he loved it, and wants to watch it again. If you knew the man, you would know that it's incredible. My wife can't believe it either

I totally agree! I own ZooTV Sydney as well and can't wait for it to come out on DVD. Hopefully, it will be soon!

I find myself watching it all the time and it probably is one of the best concerts I've ever seen. Bono's voice sounds truly amazing here, and his command of the stage is something today's rock wannabes should take note of. It's really something special to watch.

Regarding MacPhisto, what else can you say? He was a great character that still, at least symbolically, is relevant today. You can still listen to the recordings of the prank phone calls and get a good laugh, too.

In so many ways it's everything a perfect concert should be, not just by U2 either.

I know loads of people who went. Bastards.

namkcuR said:
The. Whole. Damn. Thing.

:yes:

And I don't know if Streets is musically the best performance ever, but it (or at least the intro) is the best filmed ever. When all the lights go on you're not supposed to see a damn thing. On this video, you thus don't.
:faint:

starvinmarvin said:
On the weekend my father-in-law was over, and I had Sydney playing one night. The next day he was talking about how great he thought it was, etc..

My father in law is a 65 year old man who doesn't even listen to music. But he loved it, and wants to watch it again. If you knew the man, you would know that it's incredible. My wife can't believe it either

My dad is 63 and he thinks it's great too.
He asked me to make him a disc with the RTSS/Streets thing.
My dad listens to music, but c'mon, that's still pretty impressive.

zooTV Sydney is awesome.
Great performance
Great setlist

My highlights.
The entrance + AB songs zoo station->uteotw
dirty day->bullet->rtss->streets
daddys gona pay->lemon

My lowlights
Lack of ultraviolet
Angel of Harlem perhaps ruins flow, however TTTYAATW played just before was taken out (WHY???????????), which may account for this.

Popmartijn said:

:yes:

And I don't know if Streets is musically the best performance ever, but it (or at least the intro) is the best filmed ever. When all the lights go on you're not supposed to see a damn thing. On this video, you thus don't.
:faint:

do you have this one marty?

Dirty Day is the highlight for me, closely followed by Lemon.

But I also agree with Namkcur. The entire video is absolutely awesome.

The part where MacPhisto is talking to the audience explaining how he knows we like our pop stars to be exciting, so he bought these ... *** points to his gold boots ***

Also 'Lemon' and 'Love Is Blindness' ... absolutely GREAT performances !! :bow:

Earnie Shavers said:
In so many ways it's everything a perfect concert should be, not just by U2 either.

I know loads of people who went. Bastards.

I didn't. :madspit:

I was sat on a step outside. Dirty Day sounded brilliant from there. :lol:

Exit thru Wire said:

Angel of Harlem perhaps ruins flow, however TTTYAATW played just before was taken out (WHY???????????), which may account for this.

The girl he brought up for champagne was underage.

For some reason the camera work seems a bit shoddy until Mysterious Ways - from then on it's gold but those first three songs leave a lot to be desired. It's still their best live release, I think.

Oh, the opportunity missed by not filming and releasing the second night in Dublin...

Nothing will ever top ZooTV. Nothing. Ever.

And the section from Satellite of Love through Streets has got to be the greatest sequence of songs EVER. (The only version of BTBS that I actually enjoy listening to...)

I don't have ZOOTV, but I'm waiting till it comes out on DVD to get it. Can't wait.

A great video!

It's been such a long time since I watched this video that I can't remember any specifics but as I recal it was a great show although I do remember that Bono was more than a little bothered by all the insects in the air!!:help:

Back
Top Bottom