Zoo TV question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deirdre

The Fly
being a more recent fan of U2 ( 1st saw them on the Elevation Tour) I'm not all that familiar with Zoo TV, and I have a question, On their official site...it says

'Zoo TV Live From Sydney’ is released on DVD in September. Now digitally remastered, it features not just the legendary live show, but a bonus DVD of live tracks, mini-documentaries and
the famous video confessional.

What is the Famous Video Confessional?

I'm not much of a bootleg collector, so I am very much looking forward to this release...

Thanks,
Deirdre ( who wishes she was in Ireland right now with her daughter )

Before the show they would have Video Confessional boxes right next to the gates...So when you were going through the gates into the stadium, you would pass by them..inside the boxes was a video taper and camera..you would just confess or just say something random to the camera, and that night toward the middle/end of the show they would play the confessions people would do that they confessed the same day..

tpsglick2424 said:
Before the show they would have Video Confessional boxes right next to the gates...So when you were going through the gates into the stadium, you would pass by them..inside the boxes was a video taper and camera..you would just confess or just say something random to the camera, and that night toward the middle/end of the show they would play the confessions people would do that they confessed the same day..

Thanks, that must have been fun to watch or interesting, depending on the confession I would imagine.

here are some pictures that going to see videoly on the DVD...
ZooTV_DVD2_44.jpg

ZooTV_DVD2_43.jpg

ZooTV_DVD2_41.jpg

Kind of a waste of an extra feature, if you ask me. I think it'd be cool to have seen them at the show, and it'd be cool to see on dvd if you're one of the people featured. But I'll watch it no more than once, and I can already foresee myself not even watching the whole set of clips. :shrug:

Screwtape2 said:

It is one of the special features but not part of the concert.

It can't be..The girl Bono drank champaign with was under 21, and she didnt even sign the papers that allowed her to be on the video because she was underaged..I saw the TTTYAATW, it's not that special..Dirty Day is better:drool:

tpsglick2424 said:

It can't be..The girl Bono drank champaign with was under 21, and she didnt even sign the papers that allowed her to be on the video because she was underaged

You're right. Sometimes you hope for something to be on a DVD so much that you actually believe it's there. TTTYAATW isn't on the DVD.

On a side note: Please change your avatar, tpsglick2424.

Screwtape2 said:

You're right. Sometimes you hope for something to be on a DVD so much that you actually believe it's there. TTTYAATW isn't on the DVD.

On a side note: Please change your avatar, tpsglick2424.

It's too cool fo skool:cool:

I even got compliments at PLEBA:wink:

Bono is eating at his favorite resturant, BonoBurger having the Today's Special, BonoFATBurger:drool:

tpsglick2424 said:
Bono is eating at his favorite resturant, BonoBurger having the Today's Special, BonoFATBurger:drool:

For the fear of talking this thread off topic, I think your avatar is very disrepectful and mean towards Bono. It is a disgrace that a mod hasn't told you to change it. That crap shouldn't be posted all around this site. Please, change it tpsglick2424.

Last edited:
Utoo said:
Kind of a waste of an extra feature, if you ask me. I think it'd be cool to have seen them at the show, and it'd be cool to see on dvd if you're one of the people featured. But I'll watch it no more than once, and I can already foresee myself not even watching the whole set of clips. :shrug:

True...If you were at the show and they played it there,,,yes, that would be fun... but I guess having this on an official release , well I will most likely only watch it once

Screwtape2 said:

For the fear of talking this thread off topic, I think your avatar is very disrepectful and mean towards Bono. It is a disgrace that a mod hasn't told you to change it. That crap shouldn't be posted all around this site. Please, change it tpsglick2424.

Excuse me, (I'm also very sorry towards the mods and admins for being off topic) but Sicy even made this for me, and I even stated that I'd might use this as an avatar..and so far you are the only one complaining about it when I even got a few laughs about it from other people...And I think Bono wouldnt even care if he saw it...He'd probaly laugh..

The Zoo Confessionals sound pretty interesting, I've never really seen them before.

and about your av glick, I think Bono will smite you with his flyglasses if you don't take it off right nowzz!

Chizip said:
dont change it glicky, if you do then the terrorists win

Fine then I wont...I dont understand why it's such a big deal that I saw this photo in the Pleba forum and asked Sicy to please avatar it for me so I could use it...and she did...Would you rally think Bono would be that insulted? It's just a joke..Plus even people from Pleba give the avatar compliments..

Aside from that...I wish the Adeliade show would be in the 2nd DVD...:drool:

tpsglick2424 said:
fine, but ill do it later cause I gotta run..

I was being sarcastic, don't worry :hug:
it's a funny avatar.

.whisper//

"the terrorists hate our freedom, shhh, have a cookie"

//whisper.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I was being sarcastic, don't worry :hug:
it's a funny avatar.

.whisper//

"the terrorists hate our freedom, shhh, have a cookie"

//whisper.

Thank you:hug:

And why does ScrewTape also have to tell everyone on another forum to?:shrug:

She is the ONLY person who actually went up and said it on this thread and starts insulting my avatar...Too f'ing bad, Ill change my avatar when I want to or an admin or mod tells me to. And screwtape, dont EVER speak for other people..because I find that very low..and you are the only person who doesnt like my avatar, Sicy didnt care at that time, she made it for me! Like I said I even got compliments from Pleba, and they thought it was funny, get some humor, do you really think Bono cares??

tpsglick2424 said:

It can't be..The girl Bono drank champaign with was under 21, and she didnt even sign the papers that allowed her to be on the video because she was underaged..I saw the TTTYAATW, it's not that special..Dirty Day is better:drool:

the girl was underage, but in australia the drinking age is 18

but i've heard that she wouldnt sign the papers, but its prob better that way coz in the U.S they would cause a fuss because she is under their drinking age, but im sure us fans wouldnt mind it would just be all the media bored (or whatever it is)

Screwtape2 said:

It is one of the special features but not part of the concert.

Yes, but not the Sydney TTYAATW. It's taken from Outside Broadcast part of the tour - the Yankee stadium TV special I think.

U2girl said:

Yes, but not the Sydney TTYAATW. It's taken from Outside Broadcast part of the tour - the Yankee stadium TV special I think.

:yes: Along with Desire from the same show.

Back
Top Bottom