ZOO TV and POPMART support acts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daveone

The Fly
Hi Guys,

Does anybody have a list of acts who supported U2 during the Zoo TV/Zooropa and Popmart tours that they could post? I'm doing my media studies coursework on U2 during the 1990s and i'm looking for any information on who supported the band during time. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hmmm. I thought Oasis played with them on 2 shows, much later, double headlining

Fun Lovin' Criminals
Third Eye Blind
Smash Mouth
Rage Against the Machine

I know these four opened some PopMart dates

I think Pearl Jam and Pixies both opened for them at times on Zoo TV, and Rage against the machine opened for them on Popmart.

I think that most of the PopMart bands have been name, but there were MANY for Zoo TV....

PJ Harvey
The Pixies
Pearl Jam
The Velvet Underground
Big Audio Dynamite II (I think...)
Disposable Heroes of Hip-Hoprisy
Public Enemy

There were many more, unless I'm mistaken; those are the only ones I can recount off the top of my head, though...

The Pxies, opened during Zoo TV, hell yeah. I was I could have been there. Wow.

I was at the leeds Popmart concert, and i cant remember what the band was called. I can hear the song that they played in my head..."Get up Get up Get up Get u-u-u-u-pp...Get up Get up Get up Get up. WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY CALLED? Thats going to bug the hell out of me!:mad:

Nameless im here to help you out, i was at the leeds popmart show the band you are after are called 'Cast' from liverpool, a great show that day except for the bloody rain i got soaked.

I saw the Sugarcubes and Public Enemy supporting them in Oakland, California, on the Zoo TV tour, late-ish 1992, and then the Stereo MCs and Utah Saints as support in Cardiff on the Zooropa leg, summer 1993. Utah Saints were probably the worst band I've ever seen. Actually, delete the 'probably'.

I believe The Pixies opened all of the Zoo TV arena shows in the U.S. The U.S. Zoo TV stadium shows had Primus, Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy, B.A.D. II, The Sugarcubes and Public Enemy. There may have been a couple others.

The Zoo European shows had PJ Harvey, Pearl Jam, The Ramones, Stereo MC's among others.

Yeah Big Audio Dynamite II opened for U2 on the final leg of the ZooTV tour.

I think it was Sidewinder who opened during the PopMart tour.

Back
Top Bottom