zoo tv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anurbansoul

Babyface
First off i dont know much about u2, just very curious about them at the moment.

I saw a concert in sydney in 93, and it was very entertaining, that guy bono must be jesus. But they had all these messages at the start of the show, whats that all about? Everything u know is wrong? all these political statements dont make much sense, especially since u2 are so middle of the road and dont commit to much issues other than peace(which is a good start).

These slogans remind me of the manic street preachers who are very left wing, so its all very confusing

Any of u guys gonna enlighten me with some opinions?

anurbansoul said:
that guy bono must be jesus.

Judging by Bono's spirituality, I don't know if I'd say that, either...

Basically ZooTV was a mock of TV and an era where U2 were trying to free themselves of their intense, take-themselves-too-seriously image. The actual slogans were based on a specific artist's work or something (someone help me out- I forget exactly who). They were trying to create an effect of watching too much TV. Words, phrases, and different messages (most of it crap) are absorbed by our minds when we watch TV. U2 was mocking how much this era watched TV and absorbed its messages by putting their own messages at a very fast pace. Some made a lot of sense- "call your mother", while others like "everything you know is wrong" made less sense at first glance.

Oh, and U2 is VERY political and has major stances on many political issues. In almost everything they do, they are trying to convey a message, ususually by mockery.

Re: Re: zoo tv

UltravioletU2 said:
U2 were trying to free themselves of their intense, take-themselves-too-seriously image.

Is it fair to say that their humility was shown by mocking their image as super stars?

Re: Re: Re: Re: zoo tv

bonosloveslave said:

I think so - but some people didn't get the joke :shrug:

the beauty of U2...unpredictable without analysis, but so predictable with analysis (to an extent, of course!)

HI, I see you're new. This thread is going to be moved to Everything you know is wrong, a forum dedicated to talking about U2 more in depth than what will be discussed in here. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom