Zoo Station!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm ready... Ready for the laughing gas
I'm ready... Ready for what's next!

[This message has been edited by theSoulfulMofo (edited 03-02-2002).]

This song makes me boogie...

------------------
You're taking steps that make you feel dizzy
Then you get to like the way it feels

The first time I heard the song I thought "What the hell is this?", but now I love it. I realised you have to play it very loud to really like it.

Originally posted by ericb:
The first time I heard the song I thought "What the hell is this?", but now I love it. I realised you have to play it very loud to really like it.

Good point ericb.....you have to really blast this song. Can you imagine if they busted out with this song during the Elevation tour????? That would have been sick!

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever

LOL Hitman. That would have been sick. I don't know where they could play it now though. It seems to me like it an opening song or nothing else. Maybe it could have worked right after Elevation.

Originally posted by Zoo Station:
Oh, I thought you were referring to me !!!
biggrin.gif

"I'm ready for what's next"

That's where it all started. I can only imagine sticking that into a CD player for the first time in 1992 and thinking how crazy it was compared to their previous work. That had to be an event.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Back in the ol' days (anything 10+ years ago is the "ol' days!"), I remember buying this cd and running home to pop it in the stereo for the first time. The Fly was the only song that I had heard before (thanks to MuchMusic). Everything else was new to my ears. Anyhow, I get home pop this cd in and crank it up. Zoo Station blares out. I think to myself, "alright, I think I like this" and then, the vocals begin.

I'm ready!
Ready for the laughing gas!

I was a 20 year old university student almost in need of adult diapers! The voice distortion was crazy. I kept checking the stereo to make sure it wasn't broken. What the hell is Bono singing thru a speaker-phone for? His beautiful voice intentionally all messed up. For a minute there, I was alittle choked.

This one was a grower. Probably one of the greatest "growers" on AB. Nothing quite like it.

It's the official first tracck off of my "Travelin Europe" Cd I'm making for this summer. I'm ready for the crush!

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

There's only room for one and here she comes, here she comes...

Back
Top Bottom