Yucky Rumour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BostonAnne

Refugee
I read on another board a horrid rumour. I'm not sure whether or not I should be spreading it, but in light of the tour not happening in Europe this summer, I thought you guys would like to know. The rumour is that Adam is leaving the band, and it was heard supposedly from a reliable source.

This was posted on March 10th:
"there was this big fight between edge and adam because of something to do with adam being spotted with courtney cox recently (really adam, you could do better!) and the morals issue was at hand cos she's still married to what's his name... adam brought up the whole 'religious differences' thing and about not feeling 'united' with the band anymore. i guess bono was dragged into the ordeal too and tried to rationalize, but ended up arguing also... "

Then, after the news of the tour not happening someone else posted this:

"Things are just not looking good. I'm not trying to be a rumor-spreader...but I hear they were supposed to play at the Irish Music Awards, and didn't. Then Adam didn't show up for a performance. Now the tour rumors are being dispelled. It just makes me really uneasy. And my friend saw some sort of interview on TV in which she said Larry seemed to allude to the fact that the rest of them aren't totally down with Bono's extracuricular activities"

I hope someone can confirm that this is garbage!

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

Originally posted by BostonAnne:
And my friend saw some sort of interview on TV in which she said Larry seemed to allude to the fact that the rest of them aren't totally down with Bono's extracuricular activities"[/i]

Well for sure the Larry thing is just taken totally out of context. It's what he said during 60 minutes, except that 60 minutes episode was taped over a year ago. That's over a hundred live shows ago.

[This message has been edited by ramblin rose (edited 03-11-2002).]

I certainly hope this is just one of those stupid rumours that is irrational (the Rattle and Hum to Achtung Baby era rings a bell, and so does the rumours after and before Pop) and completely forgotten a week later. Arrrrrgh. Still makes me nauseated just thinking about it though.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

I read on another board a horrid rumour. I'm not sure whether or not I should be spreading it, but in light of the tour not happening in Europe this summer, I thought you guys would like to know. The rumour is that Adam is leaving the band, and it was heard supposedly from a reliable source.

This was posted on March 10th:
"there was this big fight between edge and adam because of something to do with adam being spotted with courtney cox recently (really adam, you could do better!) and the morals issue was at hand cos she's still married to what's his name... adam brought up the whole 'religious differences' thing and about not feeling 'united' with the band anymore. i guess bono was dragged into the ordeal too and tried to rationalize, but ended up arguing also... "

Then, after the news of the tour not happening someone else posted this:

"Things are just not looking good. I'm not trying to be a rumor-spreader...but I hear they were supposed to play at the Irish Music Awards, and didn't. Then Adam didn't show up for a performance. Now the tour rumors are being dispelled. It just makes me really uneasy. And my friend saw some sort of interview on TV in which she said Larry seemed to allude to the fact that the rest of them aren't totally down with Bono's extracuricular activities"

I hope someone can confirm that this is garbage!

I heard that rumour that adam was with courtney cox as well--where do people get this garbage??

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

I hope that this is just a rumor because if Adam leaves the band then that will be the end of U2. They have said it many times before, and I tend to agree, that what makes U2 special is the four of them.

The band have been through many ups and downs though, and they have pulled through, and developed a stronger relationship because of it. Hopefully this is just the case here!!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

"there was this big fight between edge and adam because of something to do with adam being spotted with courtney cox recently (really adam, you could do better!) and the morals issue was at hand cos she's still married to what's his name...

BWAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAA. This rumor sounds to silly to be true!!!!!

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

O.K. people.....

Was Adam really spotted with Courtney Cox - and what were they spotted doing? We could probably put the rumor to rest right there.

Then, you have to remember the source - another board. We all know that these boards are filled with pranksters.

On the Zootopian Board. I also hope it's crap!

I really hate that Board. It's amazing that that's the U2.com board but it really has a whole lot of vicious, u2 hating people. Everytime I go there to read anything it's all negative. In fact if the Band goes there to read the posts they must really walk away feeling bad.

If they go by what people say on that Board, they're probably not touring because there supposed fans think they suck.

That's one of the most absurd things I've ever read.
rolleyes.gif
Don't give it another thought.

On the Zootopian Board. I also hope it's crap!
Well there ya go...
Sounds like the usual skanky ass pieces of shite just trying to stir up the usual garbage...I think I'll ignore these stenchy rumours from now on. No need to get my blood in a boil.
You find that alot...ppl showing up to boards just for the sake of exactly that...showing up to boards and pulling people's wanks.
I've only once glanced at Zootopia and never went back....it's too cozy here...and generally we are all U2 fans here.
Thanks, Boston Anne for letting me know where you heard this. I feel so much better now.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

oxoxox
Autumn

Ok, I admit, when I fist read this my heart skipped a beat... the thought of anyone leaving the band and the band breaking up make me nauxious. But... after some thought... even if Adam was having an affair with Courtenay, do you really think Edge and Adam would have a moral argument over it? Sorry, but that just seems absurd.
And as for Larry being less than pleased with Bono's extra curricular activities... I don't think Bono would ever let that get in the way of the band.

Adam may seem a little less a part of the band at times, but his heart seems to be with it fully. We all saw him at the Grammy's. This did not look like a band in turmoil.

Re. the tour being cancelled... it was never officially on the go in the first place, so there was nothing to cancel. Yeah, perhaps a few tentative stadium reservations... but seriously. My heart can't handle such nonsense.

I've also read that Courteney is pregnant with her hubby's baby, so I'm sure she's isn't straying from the nest.

Who knows - these are all very rich people whom we don't know much about other than what their publicists and rumour-mongers leak out. I love U2 - but I can never assume to know what any of them would fight about, break up over, or do on a night out.

Guys think for a minute.
We saw Adam just a week ago at the Grammys. Somehow he didnt look like a man who was ready to quit his band. He was laughing the whole time.
Its a load of crap and nothing more.

We love you Sparky!!!!

------------------
I am a cowgirl of funk*

Even if this particular story isn't true, think about it. A week ago, Edge, Bono and John Sampson, all confirmed a tour this summer, on different occations to fans asking them.
Why the h**l would they do that just a week ago? They must have known for longer then a week that they wanted to stay in the studio or that they were late working on the album or tired of touring, it's nothing you just wake up one morning and knows. And suddenly the whole tour is off just a few days after them confirming it. We all know that when nothing has been sure, their answers to these kind of questions has been, we don't know, we're not sure, we're thinking of it. They have always been very open about what they are doing when fans have been asking them personally, they have never said yes we are, if it hasn't been definatly set among them.

Oki, my conclusion.... Something must have happened, what it is I don't know but for sure it's more then just having good vibes in the studio and don't want to interupt that with a tour, they should have known that a week ago and not so openly confirmed it when asked.
I hope I'm so deadly wrong but this is what come to mind when I think about it and it isn't feeling good about them cancelling the tour.

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
Why the h**l would they do that just a week ago? They must have known for longer then a week that they wanted to stay in the studio or that they were late working on the album or tired of touring, it's nothing you just wake up one morning and knows. And suddenly the whole tour is off just a few days after them confirming it. We all know that when nothing has been sure, their answers to these kind of questions has been, we don't know, we're not sure, we're thinking of it. They have always been very open about what they are doing when fans have been asking them personally, they have never said yes we are, if it hasn't been definatly set among them.

Oki, my conclusion.... Something must have happened, what it is I don't know but for sure it's more then just having good vibes in the studio and don't want to interupt that with a tour, they should have known that a week ago and not so openly confirmed it when asked.
I hope I'm so deadly wrong but this is what come to mind when I think about it and it isn't feeling good about them cancelling the tour.

I think you hit the nail on the head with that one............
like you said though.....I hope we are all wrong in our assumptions.

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Guys think for a minute.
We saw Adam just a week ago at the Grammys. Somehow he didnt look like a man who was ready to quit his band. He was laughing the whole time.
Its a load of crap and nothing more.

We love you Sparky!!!!

I totally agree with you.

I think this rumour is being floated around simply because U2 have decided not to tour. But the thing is, I never saw any official annoncement in the press that they were going to tour. I find it really difficult to believe any of the band members would give Adam, their best friend, a morality trip over who he chooses to date or socialize with. And by the way, wasn't Bono hanging out and having his picture taken with BILL CLINTON a few days ago? Do I need to elaborate?

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
The Zootopian boards are a waste of time.

This was definitely not started just to get people going. The poster has been there for as long as I have, and I have never read any sort of post in this nature from the person.

Secondly, the poster said that someone at ANOTHER board gave them the info. Please don't blame the rumour on Zootopia. The fans there are just as sincere about their love for the band as you folks here. I think there is more of a draw for non fans to come in and start trouble due to it being linked to the U2.com. It's easier for U2 haters to find.

In some ways I hope these rumours are true in a way, because Bono should concentrate on the band. Plus, the last time they had a big kick-off, they came up with Achtung Baby! Let's have some more of that!

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
Even if this particular story isn't true, think about it. A week ago, Edge, Bono and John Sampson, all confirmed a tour this summer, on different occations to fans asking them.

I'm afraid I share the same concerns as MissZooropa...

Obviously, we can't know for sure until they let us know, but I think there is more to the turn-about on the tour than meets the eye.

As a disappointed European, I do think it was wrong to let the rumours fester so long, esp given that members of the band and management were alleged to have as good as confirmed the tour...but thats beside the point...

I can't believe that they would break up over something as daft as who Adam may or may not be seeing, but maybe its just got to a point were they need a break from each other....

I think things have been said...it seemed to me that Bono was conciously trying to take a back seat in proceedings at the Irish Music Awards and we all know he's not reknowned for that kind of behaviour
smile.gif

But, remember, I know sod all about anything so this is just speculation and when it comes to being wrong about things I am a master
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom