Yucky Rumour - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2002, 04:15 AM   #81
The Fly

Local Time: 11:27 PM
Man, honestly, is it me, or does it seem EVERYTIME theres some sort of bad news regarding u2 (a la not touring this summer) that there is always a rumor of Adam leaving the band accompanying it.

I mean, with all ive heard, he could have left the band five times over, easy.

Leave sparky alone!

Old 03-13-2002, 05:09 AM   #82
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 07:27 AM
yeah well surely if Sparky was gonna leave the band he woulda done it a looooooong time ago..........he coulda packed up himself and his cute afro, or himself and his cute yellow mohican and ran off to an island, to be alone, just him and his guitar.....

...also, if U2 felt they done everything, they feel there was nothing left to try, that and winning so many awards............personally its time for a 2 year break, according to me,,,,,,,then its their choice......

Old 03-13-2002, 08:09 AM   #83
Refugee

Local Time: 08:27 AM
Adam wasnt present at the tour announcement either.....it's just adam's nature. In fact I think he was taking a whiz while the band was accepting a grammy once. And I don't think they lost money on stadium bookings. MY bet is that they never actually booked a damn thing. They prolly just looked into it and the whole thing exploded into "they booked this and booked that". U2 knew these rumors were circulatng and wanted to lay them to rest because travel companies were already selling packages for a tour that wasn't announced. Also like I said before bookin stdiums before an album was done..worked so well for them last time...I'm sure they are anxious to do it again (yeah right).
Old 03-13-2002, 08:29 AM   #84
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:27 AM
Maybe they just decided they wanted a rest for a while.
Old 03-13-2002, 09:22 AM   #85
The Fly

Wow, and I thought things would get dull while we waited for the new album...
Old 03-13-2002, 09:30 AM   #86
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by doctorwho:
And remember when U2 cancelled the NYC charity performance? It was claimed that Bono cancelled due to an anthrax scare. What if something similar has happened?
There was no Anthrax scare. That was just a stupid rumor. It was only reported by one source (and if memory serves not even a reputable one) then picked up by a couple others.

How do I know it wasn't true? That was during the time that the US media was in a frenzy over Anthrax (and God help us all when the media get in a frenzy over something) and reported every scare, every hoax, every report of possible hoax, every bottle of spilled powdered sugar etc. It was insane! Yet there was never any report of any anthrax scares in Ireland on any news report or news station, much less at a school. It's just plain stupid to give any thought to those sorts of rumors.

True, there might be something serious going on, but it's really a lot more likely that they finally realized that they weren't going to get squat done on a new album in the next few months with Bono flying all over the world working for Africa, so they decided they'd better plan on taking more time with the new record.

Old 03-13-2002, 09:49 AM   #87
Refugee

Local Time: 09:27 AM
They DID book stadiums, believe it or not, it wasn't just rumors. I live next door to one of them and it was indeed booked for U2. This tour wasn't just in their mind or thoughts. They have announced it themselves even if it wasn't officially written on U2.com. A word from any within the band, eye to eye, is for sure just as much worth it. And look at the latest pics of Bono, he's posing infront of a poster announcing a U2/oasis show. It was even posters printed!!

I'm still asking the question, why the h**l did they say it was gonna be a tour just a week ago, they must have known by then that they wanted to take a break or that they were late on the album. This just isn't like them. They have never "lead us on" before and then abruptly changed their mind. As I've said before, they have always been very open and honest about what's going on when fans have approached them. If nothing has been set and still been in their thoughts, they have said so, if something have been set NOT to happen they have said so (like touring Australia last fall/this winter) and if things are happening they have also said so, even if it hasn't been officially announced. I've witnessed one of these approaches myself this summer when Dallas announced a third leg was gonna happen, me and my friends was the first to know and not the whole schedule was ready by then but he still told us it was happening. Weren't we supposed to believe him then, only because it wasn't on u2.com or offically announced?
Once again, this whole thing isn't like U2's "normal" behaviour. I'm afraid something has happened, what it is I don't know. I hope it's nothing serious within the band.

And this talk about how "bad" Popmart went and that they don't want to do the same mistake. Just for the record, it was only in one single place in the world Popmart went bad.... USA. As far as I know we are talking about Europe here and no tour, no matter what kind of planning hey have done, have gone bad here.
Old 03-13-2002, 10:11 AM   #88
Acrobat

According to the Irish Mirror dated 3/13/02, as posted on Youtwo.net, U2 could perform a one off show in Belfast this summer. They quoted Bono as saying...

"We have a special place in our hearts for Belfast. It was a shame we could not bring the Elevation tour there. But if we find the right promoter we'd love to play in there."

Old 03-13-2002, 11:10 AM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by brettig:
'I think thats kinda bullshit'
AMEN!

On second thought, I must admit I'm kind of scared about these rumours.

[This message has been edited by dizzy (edited 03-13-2002).]
Old 03-13-2002, 11:20 AM   #90
Babyface

"there was this big fight between edge and adam because of something to do with adam being spotted with courtney cox recently (really adam, you could do better!) and the morals issue was at hand cos she's still married to what's his name... adam brought up the whole 'religious differences' thing and about not feeling 'united' with the band anymore. i guess bono was dragged into the ordeal too and tried to rationalize, but ended up arguing also... "

these guys have been friends for over 20 years... friendship over this many years would not dissolve in stupid tabloid fashion... you may fight and quarrel but you would never break up friendship that is so deep... the paparazzi are just looking for the next big story..... and U2 ranks really high on that list right now.....

-------------------------
if you care, say a prayer.
Old 03-13-2002, 11:22 AM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by u2utah:
There was no Anthrax scare. That was just a stupid rumor. It was only reported by one source (and if memory serves not even a reputable one) then picked up by a couple others.

How do I know it wasn't true? That was during the time that the US media was in a frenzy over Anthrax (and God help us all when the media get in a frenzy over something) and reported every scare, every hoax, every report of possible hoax, every bottle of spilled powdered sugar etc. It was insane! Yet there was never any report of any anthrax scares in Ireland on any news report or news station, much less at a school. It's just plain stupid to give any thought to those sorts of rumors.

True, there might be something serious going on, but it's really a lot more likely that they finally realized that they weren't going to get squat done on a new album in the next few months with Bono flying all over the world working for Africa, so they decided they'd better plan on taking more time with the new record.

Fair enough... but then why did they cancel this particular event? This was a while ago, when they were scheduled to play in NY just a few days later. So why cancel this event if there wasn't something more serious? You can't blame this cancellation on working on a new record as they were in the third leg of the tour at that point.
Old 03-13-2002, 12:01 PM   #92
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Fair enough... but then why did they cancel this particular event? This was a while ago, when they were scheduled to play in NY just a few days later. So why cancel this event if there wasn't something more serious? You can't blame this cancellation on working on a new record as they were in the third leg of the tour at that point.
My personal opinion about this (since way back when it happened) was that they just didn't like the whole setup/format/organization of this Concert for NYC.

I believe that there was just something about it that U2 did not like and was something that they didn't want to be associated with.

(And to be fair, I am probably biased because I thought that a lot of what went on in that show was a little tasteless.)

Old 03-13-2002, 01:22 PM   #93
Refugee

Local Time: 03:27 AM
Quote:
I'm joking! Obviously it was you on both sites.

And I waited for a long time, but receive no replies from anyone! I IM'ed others there too and got nothing. Odd...

Actually, I only went to Zootopia because you talked about it here - so good job advertising. I may venture back soon.

I open up a window for Zootopia and a window for here. I must have been hanging out here, because I noticed your message and responded a half an hour after you sent it. If you check back, you will get my message. Also, when I mentioned the bad timing on checking out the site, I was referring to the post Sicy pointed out.