Yucky Rumour - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2002, 05:49 PM   #21
Refugee

Local Time: 10:02 AM
Even if this particular story isn't true, think about it. A week ago, Edge, Bono and John Sampson, all confirmed a tour this summer, on different occations to fans asking them.
Why the h**l would they do that just a week ago? They must have known for longer then a week that they wanted to stay in the studio or that they were late working on the album or tired of touring, it's nothing you just wake up one morning and knows. And suddenly the whole tour is off just a few days after them confirming it. We all know that when nothing has been sure, their answers to these kind of questions has been, we don't know, we're not sure, we're thinking of it. They have always been very open about what they are doing when fans have been asking them personally, they have never said yes we are, if it hasn't been definatly set among them.

Oki, my conclusion.... Something must have happened, what it is I don't know but for sure it's more then just having good vibes in the studio and don't want to interupt that with a tour, they should have known that a week ago and not so openly confirmed it when asked.
I hope I'm so deadly wrong but this is what come to mind when I think about it and it isn't feeling good about them cancelling the tour.

------------------
"U2 on its own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with its audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Old 03-11-2002, 06:14 PM   #22
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:02 AM
Indeed MissZooropa.

Old 03-11-2002, 06:31 PM   #23
Refugee

Local Time: 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MissZooropa:
Why the h**l would they do that just a week ago? They must have known for longer then a week that they wanted to stay in the studio or that they were late working on the album or tired of touring, it's nothing you just wake up one morning and knows. And suddenly the whole tour is off just a few days after them confirming it. We all know that when nothing has been sure, their answers to these kind of questions has been, we don't know, we're not sure, we're thinking of it. They have always been very open about what they are doing when fans have been asking them personally, they have never said yes we are, if it hasn't been definatly set among them.

Oki, my conclusion.... Something must have happened, what it is I don't know but for sure it's more then just having good vibes in the studio and don't want to interupt that with a tour, they should have known that a week ago and not so openly confirmed it when asked.
I hope I'm so deadly wrong but this is what come to mind when I think about it and it isn't feeling good about them cancelling the tour.

I think you hit the nail on the head with that one............
like you said though.....I hope we are all wrong in our assumptions.
Old 03-11-2002, 06:36 PM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Guys think for a minute.
We saw Adam just a week ago at the Grammys. Somehow he didnt look like a man who was ready to quit his band. He was laughing the whole time.
Its a load of crap and nothing more.

We love you Sparky!!!!
I totally agree with you.
Old 03-11-2002, 06:44 PM   #25
War Child

Er...maybe Adam was with Nelly Furtado and not Courtney Cox-Arquette. In which case, Edge, don't worry...Nelly's not married.
Old 03-11-2002, 06:54 PM   #26
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:02 AM
I think this rumour is being floated around simply because U2 have decided not to tour. But the thing is, I never saw any official annoncement in the press that they were going to tour. I find it really difficult to believe any of the band members would give Adam, their best friend, a morality trip over who he chooses to date or socialize with. And by the way, wasn't Bono hanging out and having his picture taken with BILL CLINTON a few days ago? Do I need to elaborate?
Old 03-11-2002, 06:56 PM   #27
Refugee

Local Time: 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
The Zootopian boards are a waste of time.
This was definitely not started just to get people going. The poster has been there for as long as I have, and I have never read any sort of post in this nature from the person.

Secondly, the poster said that someone at ANOTHER board gave them the info. Please don't blame the rumour on Zootopia. The fans there are just as sincere about their love for the band as you folks here. I think there is more of a draw for non fans to come in and start trouble due to it being linked to the U2.com. It's easier for U2 haters to find.
Old 03-11-2002, 07:04 PM   #28
Refugee

sorry about second post

[This message has been edited by BostonAnne (edited 03-12-2002).]
Old 03-11-2002, 07:04 PM   #29
Refugee

Local Time: 09:02 AM
In some ways I hope these rumours are true in a way, because Bono should concentrate on the band. Plus, the last time they had a big kick-off, they came up with Achtung Baby! Let's have some more of that!
Old 03-11-2002, 07:09 PM   #30
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by MissZooropa:
Even if this particular story isn't true, think about it. A week ago, Edge, Bono and John Sampson, all confirmed a tour this summer, on different occations to fans asking them.

I'm afraid I share the same concerns as MissZooropa...

Obviously, we can't know for sure until they let us know, but I think there is more to the turn-about on the tour than meets the eye.

As a disappointed European, I do think it was wrong to let the rumours fester so long, esp given that members of the band and management were alleged to have as good as confirmed the tour...but thats beside the point...

I can't believe that they would break up over something as daft as who Adam may or may not be seeing, but maybe its just got to a point were they need a break from each other....

I think things have been said...it seemed to me that Bono was conciously trying to take a back seat in proceedings at the Irish Music Awards and we all know he's not reknowned for that kind of behaviour

But, remember, I know sod all about anything so this is just speculation and when it comes to being wrong about things I am a master
Old 03-11-2002, 07:12 PM   #31
Refugee

I understand if each of you don't like the format of Zootopia and don't want to visit there. Please realize that there are a lot of U2 fans there like yourself. I'm one that does frequent both boards and I really feel insulted by the negative Zootopia comments.
Old 03-11-2002, 07:20 PM   #32
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Quote:
Originally posted by BostonAnne:
I'm one that does frequent both boards and I really feel insulted by the negative Zootopia comments.
Don't worry about what some people think. I know some really great people there. I spend more time here because I prefer the format. I don't have anything against anyone over there at all.
Let's just hope this rumour isn't true though Anne. Not that it's in any way your fault though...

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited 03-11-2002).]
Old 03-11-2002, 07:23 PM   #33
Refugee

More confirmation of the rumor:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%2...gina.ca&rnum=9

HAHAHA!!!

And I agree with Sula - Zootopia along with U2.com, have serious flaws in their user interface. But, we all know that Adam's brother owns the company that designed the sites, and hence the real rift in the band.

HAHAHAHA!

Mark
Old 03-11-2002, 07:27 PM   #34
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel:
Don't worry about what some people think. I know some really great people there. I spend more time here because I prefer the format. I don't have anything against anyone over there at all.
Let's just hope this rumour isn't true though Anne. Not that it's in any way your fault though... ]
Thank you Angel! I probably shouldn't have bothered with this discussion since it's so upsetting. I feel that there isn't much truth to it, but as MissZooropa said something changed in the last week that they aren't going to continue with plans to tour Europe this summer. I read the rumour before the tour plan change, so it has been bothering me.

Is this a thread to be closed?
Old 03-11-2002, 07:31 PM   #35
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris:
More confirmation of the rumor:
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22u2+breaking +up%22&hl=en&scoring=d&selm=1994Feb17.165802.837357%40sue.cc.uregina.ca&rnum=9

HAHAHA!!!

And I agree with Sula - Zootopia along with U2.com, have serious flaws in their user interface. But, we all know that Adam's brother owns the company that designed the sites, and hence the real rift in the band.

HAHAHAHA!

Mark
Yeah, Google! That's where the poster on Zootopia mentioned, but I have never heard of it before. Thanks Mark!

I didn't know that about Adam's brother.

Old 03-11-2002, 07:31 PM   #36
Refugee

Yes, lets close all threads that deal with upsetting things about the band!

There is good and bad in the life and days of U2. But we should only discuss the good.

Shut this thread down!!!11

(ok, I promise I'll stop after this - I will walk away and listen to a new song my wife wrote, and will not come back for hours)

Mark
Old 03-11-2002, 07:34 PM   #37
Refugee

BostonAnne,

No, that was meant to be a joke. Sorry. If you look at the post, it was posted in 1994, and is basically the same kind of rumor about Adam not fitting in.

Again, I apologize. I'm on a troll roll, and I promise to stop now!

Mark
Old 03-11-2002, 07:38 PM   #38
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener:

Then, you have to remember the source - another board. We all know that these boards are filled with pranksters.
HEY I object! I still say Puff Daddy was going to sample WOWOY but chose to use the Police song instead. :P
Old 03-11-2002, 07:41 PM   #39
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris:
BostonAnne,

No, that was meant to be a joke. Sorry. If you look at the post, it was posted in 1994, and is basically the same kind of rumor about Adam not fitting in.

Again, I apologize. I'm on a troll roll, and I promise to stop now!

Mark
I did notice that the thread was from 1994, but I think that the rumour about Adam is new since there is no mention of Courney Cox in that thread. Maybe the poster I heard it from heard it in a chat room.

thanks for the Adam's brother correction, because though I didn't think it was the problem, I did believe it possible that his brother ran Zootopia.
Old 03-11-2002, 07:45 PM   #40
Refugee

Ok Mark, I'm running from this awful thread that I started! Ready - One, Two, Three!