You've heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS? - Post all thoughts, reviews, discussion HERE Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok haters, we get your point already.

This really just makes me sad and annoyed. This is supposed to be a fun and exciting time and there is so much negativity. It almost makes me embarrassed to call myself a U2 fan.

They probably just trolls, but still it is disgraceful. It's like an invasion of U2 haters. :angry:

If anything I was biased towards liking u2. However, I am not a sheep and going to say their music is good when it stinks. We all know that the last album was junk and even U2 themselves have admitted they can't put something like that out again. Go read the amazon reviews and you will see there is a huge amount of U2 fans who consider them washed up. Only the diehards are still holding on. When you get too rich, too powerful, too arrogant, you lose the spark that makes you great and this has happened to u2. U2 RETIRE before you become the next rolling stones

Man, you must be a sad person. Why didn't you joined here and posted when you felt so good about ATYCLB? I mean, y'enjoy being so negative?

Oh of course ban anyone who dissents from the U2 lovers. Just like the facists you are. When I loved U2 they were writing sings about letting people speak out but your posts shows exactly what is wrong with U2 today. You and them have become facists. U2 are arrogant self centered ego maniacs and the fans here who don;t allow the "real" fans who made U2 famous express our opinions are just the little nazis who now do the dirty work for the king Bono.

Oh of course ban anyone who dissents from the U2 lovers. Just like the facists you are. When I loved U2 they were writing sings about letting people speak out but your posts shows exactly what is wrong with U2 today. You and them have become facists. U2 are arrogant self centered ego maniacs and the fans here who don;t allow the "real" fans who made U2 famous express our opinions are just the little nazis who now do the dirty work for the king Bono.

Oh, you are just priceless.

We love it when people express their opinions here. We prefer it, however, when they don't come across like self-righteous asshats who come in here and try and force their opinions down our throats as fact.

Welcome to Inteference. :)

If anything I was biased towards liking u2. However, I am not a sheep and going to say their music is good when it stinks. We all know that the last album was junk and even U2 themselves have admitted they can't put something like that out again. Go read the amazon reviews and you will see there is a huge amount of U2 fans who consider them washed up. Only the diehards are still holding on. When you get too rich, too powerful, too arrogant, you lose the spark that makes you great and this has happened to u2. U2 RETIRE before you become the next rolling stones

Did you just join to troll? Just to payout U2? I think so.

Brandon, is that you?? :hmm:

U2 are facist for recording a song called Get on your boots? Right.

What constitutes trolling these days?

WEWT! I'm a FACIST!

Listening to this song more closely, Edge's (awesome) vocals reminds me of his vocals on Lemon. Textbook-like and stone cold at first, on top of a much more grand, emotional Bono vocal, but kind of curving into the emotions of the song later. I think Brian might be singing with him here, too.

:hug:

Oh crap! We're nazis....

Nooooo....it's Tom Cruise.... he's got a gun... noooo.....ple.....

*bang*

You are not a U2 fan. :down: Why did you join Interference, I WANTZ ANSWERZ!

^ i have a pacifier by my side if needed

:lmao:

1 nil subnet. :up:

Must have been 10 million die hards for Bomb and 12 million for ATYCLB then...just a few more then the 7 million for POP...by those numbers it looks like they are really decreasing in numbers...what a washed up band only sold 22 million albums with the last 2 studio records....in an era of illigal downloading...yes they should retire alright they cant live on those kinds of numbers....

I say this....either Get On Your Boots and stay awhile or take them off and get the F**K out.

yes, there seems to be more harmony from several background singers on the track, danny, brian, edge, maybe, just maybe, larry too

Hmm... I can imagine this song live, with Edge and Larry both singing, and Larry already shining brightly on his electrodrum kit. :drool:

you might need to take a break from this thread. we are not "fascists" on here; there are rules to the forums and one big rule is to not allow trolling. trolling is clearly defined in the rules as registering solely to instigate arguments and this appears to be what you're doing. if this is not your intention then i suggest taking a breather and coming back later. and if this is your intention, well, good luck, and consider this a warning.

I am a sad person. A sad person because I see the band that I loved so much become a despicable disgusting spectacle. U2 have become such hypocrites. Always preaching about rich nations supposedly not helping poor ones and that we should forgive the debt. Well, I don;t see U2 donating any of their millions to anyone. I see them hiding their money in swiss accounts to avoid being taxed in Ireland? What a joke. I see them talking themselves up like they are the best group in the world. When they were the best group in the world they would never had been so arrogant to say those things because they knew it. I feel they now lie to their fans. telling us the new stuff is their best work and then we pay a lot of money and get this garbage? What the h#ll is selling an album for $95! Do they think we are stupid and don;t see them trying to milk their fans for every penny they can. This is supposed to be the great U2 who are so concerned about helping people. Now they just rip off people. I long for the days when they were not so famous and powerful for it was then when they were great. Now they are sham and the u2 sheep will continue to be suckered and ripped off by the Bono lies. Go tell Bono, to donate all those millions he makes to a charity rather than buying gulf stream jest, million dollar mansions and apratments around the world. Bono you f%^king HYPOCRITE!

The song really is not that good,it's not terrible..but safe and contrived-

Safe and contrived? There's a lot of things that can be said about this song, but safe and contrived wouldn't show up on the list.

The fact that it's so divisive and doesn't really have an obvious chorus shows it's not even close to be safe.

And yes contrived would be the obvious term I would use for a song that divides the band's base.

Seriously, I think you just grabbed two words that you see in pitchfork reviews a lot and thought you would look cool using them to describe a song that you didn't like...

I am a sad person. A sad person because I see the band that I loved so much become a despicable disgusting spectacle. U2 have become such hypocrites. Always preaching about rich nations supposedly not helping poor ones and that we should forgive the debt. Well, I don;t see U2 donating any of their millions to anyone. I see them hiding their money in swiss accounts to avoid being taxed in Ireland? What a joke. I see them talking themselves up like they are the best group in the world. When they were the best group in the world they would never had been so arrogant to say those things because they knew it. I feel they now lie to their fans. telling us the new stuff is their best work and then we pay a lot of money and get this garbage? What the h#ll is selling an album for $95! Do they think we are stupid and don;t see them trying to milk their fans for every penny they can. This is supposed to be the great U2 who are so concerned about helping people. Now they just rip off people. I long for the days when they were not so famous and powerful for it was then when they were great. Now they are sham and the u2 sheep will continue to be suckered and ripped off by the Bono lies. Go tell Bono, to donate all those millions he makes to a charity rather than buying gulf stream jest, million dollar mansions and apratments around the world. Bono you f%^king HYPOCRITE!

So you're the man in Stand Up Comedy!!!

Can you tell us more about the song???? :hmm:

I am a sad person.

Well ...... I'll let the obvious joke go.

Look. I'm sorry you've been so disheartened by your once-favorite band. It sucks, it really does!

But ... you're just asking for trouble to register on a U2 fansite just to come in here and beat us over the head with your rantings and ravings, shoving your opinions down our throats as facts.

No if you watch the ZooTV video youlle see a guy in a Metallica shirt singing to With Or Without You....so there is even Metallica fans that like U2 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom