You've heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS? - Post all thoughts, reviews, discussion HERE Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My iTunes tries to play "Vertigo" right after "Boots." It's like "Vertigo" is jealous. Freaky.

And the albums they're on are in alphabetical order.

blows Vertigo out of the water (albeit not as big a single)--very cool--please U2, if you will rape me on the box set and concert tix, please...please sell me the song on itunes or amazon in HQ sound...

I think it's a great song, a clever mix of the punk style with more technology.

It's also full of wonderful little details and layers, the more I listen the more things I find.

Some of the lyrics are a bit clunky but the delivery is great, that's good singing from Bono (and Edge).

I hope this become a hit everywhere in the f**king world!!!!!

Its a very psychedelic track imo. Even the lyrics seem very 1960's hippy trippy.

Where are we all meeting up before the show? :hyper:

:wink:

The way I feel right now; an amalgam of little kid christmas eve joy, delirious euphoria and just plain ol fucking tired; I'd invite all of you to my house

Where I know that not a single eyebrow would raise if I played this song 25 times in a row

I love these listening dealies everytime U2 puts out something that brings us all just a little bit closer and less alone

Good night guys

After listening to this song, I must say that while it is more "experimental" than "Vertigo" is, I find "Vertigo" to be a far superior song. Seriously, for a band that has not released a new album since November 2004, I feel "Get on Your Boots" is truly not an attention-grabbing single in my opinion as the chorus' vocals are very lackluster and borderline irritating (I'm referring to the "You don’t know. You don’t get it do you? You don’t know how beautiful you are" part).

Also, I did find it to be the worst of the four beach clips leaked in August of 2008 despite a somewhat interesting Edge riff, and I am certainly not judging this one song as what the whole album will bring.

Meh. Hoping that it gets better, to my ears.

Currently listening to the Jesus & Mary Chain's "Taste of Cindy," and enjoying it a hell of a lot more than my six or seven spins of "Get On Your Boots."

Sigh.

I can see this getting huge radio play, over here at least. I really do think this could be huge; it has that multi-age-group appeal that I think they were aiming for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom