You've heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS? - Post all thoughts, reviews, discussion HERE Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i just completely posted it on the wrong thread...interference shout out...gotta love it!

AHHHHHH!!!!! I just heard boots on Jim Colm. I heart GYBO!!! :love: I have it stuck in my head forever now. I went to bed then woke up just now at 2:00 am central us time to hear it and do not regret intereputing my sleep in any way! The song is so complexly proper. Its such a wierd song, but amazing in it's own sense of the word. I think that I now understand Bono stating that this album doesn't sound like anything being done in music right now. I do see, at the same time, some places where it was a tiny bit ATYCLB/HTDAAB-ish, but it was covered up by the resurection of the styles of Pop and Zooropa.

YAY GYBO!!!! I'm so glad it's here!!!:drool:

uhhhhh... I know I'm gonna get flamed but... the song was ok. I like it but... well I hope the rest of the album is better. the chorus was really great and so was the bridge but the guitar part in the verses was cheese. I Like the lyrics a lot though.

I really can see the shadows of 3 songs in GOYB:

01) Vertigo - not because it sounds the same, it's so different, but the 'idea' is the same, the 1st 'hard rock punch" single... but vertigo is a demo by a garage band next to GOYB

02) Fast Cars - GOYB got some 'arabic" vibe, but in a weird way, wich is awesome

03) DISCOTHEQUE - I know, some of you will call me crazy, but I really can see echoes of that "nasty" guitar from discotheque in GOYB, I'm 110% sure of that.

Someone agree with me ?

P.S: I think Bono told how would be that "punk rock from venus" 4 years earlier that he actually create a song in this spirit... hahahaha... I'm on Venus right now with GOYB

Total agreement.

Verses = Vertigo
"You don't know how beautiful you are" = Fast Cars
"Sexy boots" = Discotheque

But what's "Let me in the sound" form then?

They were reading out emails and texts and someone mentioned the party that's going on here on Interference... Must have been be one of our own!!

Companion to Fast Cars?

I like it, it definitely picks up where the last bonus track from the last record left off. I keep singing those lyrics to fast cars with boots.

I just heard it on Virgin Radio.... :hyper:

It's really a mix between Vertigo and Discotheque, nothing really new but it sound great and I like it.... it will be a f.... grower!!!!

I like mondays like that!!!!!!
:applaud:

Fast paced kinda like Vertigo- didn't like the quick hitting lyric style at first, but it has a fun chorus and really works when it breaks down with the "you don't know how beautiful part."

The U2.com stream is really high quality...better than the irish radio stream. Listening to it on repeat now.

interesting... I still don't know what to think exactly, it's more "risky" than Vertigo, it sounds current, rocky, catchy, I don't know yet what to say actually :p

:wave::hug

yes, they said there's a big party on the u2 fansite intererence. com

GOYB- It's REALLLY a party for your ears !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart::heart:

Epic. "You don't know how beautiful you are' bit kicks ass. The only bit I'm disappointed with is at the end Edge's guitar isn't turned up loud enough to hear what sounds like a great 'solo' behind Bono's lyrics.

Genius Riff though :D

uhhhhh... I know I'm gonna get flamed but... the song was ok. I like it but... well I hope the rest of the album is better. the chorus was really great and so was the bridge but the guitar part in the verses was cheese. I Like the lyrics a lot though.

you shouldn't be flamed, your opinion is as valid as any other persons. :up:

It's gonna take a month for me stop posting with an "!" at the end of every sentence!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom