You've heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS? - Post all thoughts, reviews, discussion HERE Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to read the posts in this thread, I cannot keep up with the forum these days.

I think I've listened to the song 20 times now. I was so excited when it first came on radio.

Then I thought: Man this is NOISY! HEAVY! That's one murder riff from Edge here. And I liked it more than beach clip no. 3.

Like the beginning a LOT, love the verses and chorus, not SO sure about the middle eight and the end. And yes, a lot of Vertigo references, but faster and catchier and somethow better. I really really like this song.

Like the lyrics, too.

And the worst thing is, I cannot get it out of my head any more.

He did it all the time during Zoo.

Alright, I'm going to have a quite little pleba moment, that I'll no doubt regret once the hype over this song has died down, but, Bonogrowl: :love: :love: :love:

Doh....it was Zoo of course. He does it twice during Zoo Station at Sydney. My brain isn't working well tonight.

This song is awesome
i have class in about 5 hours
but yes, Get on Your boots = :heart: for sleepy me

Couldnt agree more, big let down! :|
Larry sounds like John Bonham Playing Massive Atack?.....eh......no, not really.

Cant really tell how good B is singing from this either, v easy vocals, the lyrics sound cheesey to me,

On a plus great riff from Edge, and a potentially good chorus which unfortunatly falls flat for me,

Nice riff by Adam too, v basic and simple,

The "sexy boots, get on your boots" part is weak & cheesey I had to cringe!

sorry all, I hope this tune grows on me, but this in no way reaches the standards of 5yrs work from U2,

Big Disapointment! I'm Devestated! :|
You're totally bang on mate

'cheesey' is what this song is.

Give it a couple of weeks and people will realise,after all the excitement has worn off,that this record is very very poor....it'll be the obligatory 'skip this track' when you stick the album on.

BsB :down:

Potentially world class

SimonCowellPLT_468x351.jpg

Me either! And now iTunes is saying it's having problems when I try to Pre-Order. :shrug: It's ok. It will still be there for pre-order tomorrow.

Ok. 1 more listen and then I'm off to bed.

:wave: to all! Thanks for hanging out with me for the unveiling hysteria. It was mucho fun! :heart: :love: :heart:

Same happened to me :lol: itunes iz broken

:wave:

After a bunch of listens I'll say it's not that great (still that may very well change). The main problem is the chorus IMO. The vocals are kind of grating and annoying and the song just kind of loses energy there. It kind of loses my interest when the chorus starts up and grabs it again when the chorus ends.

Oh well.

Give it a couple of weeks and people will realise,after all the excitement has worn off,that this record is very very poor....it'll be the obligatory 'skip this track' when you stick the album on.

killjoy you little troll go away

I've listened to it 30 times already and it's sounding better than on the first listen!!!!!

Sorry mate! But this is better than The Fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good song apart from the last 20 seconds which I think is the worst ending of any u2 song...

It's weird - i like the next to last bit but hate the ending.

Thanks. Really not looking forward to it.

I've had a couple of missed calls lately, I don't have call display or voice mail on my cell phone. Text if I don't answer, so I know it's you.

will do - I called a couple of times. keep me posted though.

Hi guys!

Just heard the song here in Oz! It will definately take a few more listens to get used to it, but i`m sure like every other U2 song i will make myself like it!! My first thought was very different! Sounds a little like a mix of a few different artists/styles all rolled into one!
Don`t know about others, but i never know what to think when i first hear a new U2 song, just try and take it all in. It`s never good or bad it`s just U2, if that makes sense! Can definately imagine it live, and i already want it for a ringtone on my mobile phone, so that`s a good sign....he he!
I have a feeling though that thery`re saving the best of this album for later!!!

Getting slightly off the topic,
i hope they are going to change u2.com to match the look and theme of the new album, as they did with the previous two! Although it`s great, it just doesn`t seem right to have all the info about NLOTH in the HTDAAB style.

Just my thoughts!

Cheers, Mikie.

I'm on loop 11 ... still can't stop listening. Its full of easy gimmicks sure, and retrospect may well slaughter it but :drool:

The moroccon "you don't know how beautiful you aahhhhhhhhhh" will be EPIC live

My only concern is how are they going to play this one live?!? I mean, Larry is switching from electronic to normal drums, the multi-layered vocals, there's so much going on! :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom