You've heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS? - Post all thoughts, reviews, discussion HERE Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone so skeptical of this track not having the same mass appeal as Vertigo? I think it's a pretty radio-friendly track - catchy, but interesting enough for people not to get sick of it after a few listens. I think it'll work well!

I don't know. It's a really cool song but it doesn't have that same..... I don't know... drive that made Vertigo almost the ultimate radio single. Vertigo may not be the best song ever but I dare say it was one of the best radio singles ever. Boots is great I just don't see it sticking with the public quite like Vertigo. Who knows though. Maybe this will be more of a "stuck in your head" type song. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Goodnight Carlos if you are still lurking :hug:

G'nite Shannon & others leaving (as am I).

Happy Birthday MalinF

(I'm 2-3 pages behind still!)

Two different covers:

I got this when I downloaded the iTunes Plus single:
GOYB.png

And this when I pre-ordered the album:
GOYBW.png

How to open a show: Blast "Devil Inside" by INXS over the PA, cut the lights, Larry starts pounding>> Get on your boots into Even better than the real thing.

On another note, just woke up my girlfriend blaring GOYB on my headphones. She figured I'd been waiting this long, she had to listen. Now I want to go to sleep and I cant get her off it!!

just heard a colleague saying he's heard moment of surrender and has it in mp3.
I asked for it and will post it as soon as i have anything.
this guy is a fan, knows his songs.

Couldnt agree more, big let down! :|
Larry sounds like John Bonham Playing Massive Atack?.....eh......no, not really.

Cant really tell how good B is singing from this either, v easy vocals, the lyrics sound cheesey to me,

On a plus great riff from Edge, and a potentially good chorus which unfortunatly falls flat for me,

Nice riff by Adam too, v basic and simple,

The "sexy boots, get on your boots" part is weak & cheesey I had to cringe!

sorry all, I hope this tune grows on me, but this in no way reaches the standards of 5yrs work from U2,

Big Disapointment! I'm Devestated! :|

I like the performance itself. I just do not care for the way the song developes. It is the song itself that disappointed me. I think the sound is good from all the four guys, maybe even very good. But it is the song itself for me. I think it is the first time I am disappointed in a U2 song. I have loved every release from U2 before, and especially POP and the two last records. It is a little bit tough to handle lol. I hope it will grow on me, though, but I don't know. Beautiful Day was a hell of a lot better as a song.

I don't know if someone else has already done this, but I just did a transcription of the lyrics:

The future needs a big kiss
Winds blow with a twist
Never seen a moon like this
Can you see it too?

Night is falling everywhere
Rockets at the funfair
Satan knows a bomb scare
That won't scare you

Hey!
Sexy boots
Get on your boots, yeah

Free me from the dark dream
Candy floss, ice cream
All the kids are screaming
But the ghosts aren't real

Here's what we gotta be
Love and community
Laughter is eternity
If joy is real

You don't know how beautiful
You don't know how beautiful you are
x2
You don't know!
You don't get it do you!
You don't know how beautiful you are!

It's someone's stuff to blow it up
We're here to grow it up
Women are the future
Hold the big revelations
I got a submarine, you got gasoline
I don't wanna talk about wars between nations

Not right now!
Sexy boots, sexy boots
Yo, no, no, no
Get on your boots, yeah.
Not right now!
Sexy boots
*rock scream*

You don't know how beautiful
You don't know how beautiful you are
x2
You don't know!
You don't get it do you!
You don't know how beautiful you are!

Sexy boots
I don't wanna talk about the wars between the nations
Sexy boots, yeah.

Let me in the sound
Let me in the sound
Let me in the sound, sound
Let me in the sound

Let me in the sound
Let me in the sound, now
God, I'm going down
I don't wanna drown now
Meet me in the sound

Let me in the sound
Let me in the sound
Meet me in the sound

Get on your boots
Get on your boots
Get on your boots
Yay-hey-hey!
Get on your boots
Yay-hey-hey!
Get on your boots
Yay-hey-hey!
Get on your boots
Yay-hey-hey!

The only line giving me trouble is "It's someone's stuff to blow it up" I kept switching it between that and "It's so much touch to blow it up" :shrug:

Wow. I really don't know what to think. My wife and friends HATE IT. Like they're talking about going to a grief counselor. I think I like it, but it sounds like a pop song. A Gwen Stefani song. I didn't like any of the beach clips so I'm actually a little worried that this will be the first subpar album for me (or Pop II). Maybe it's the first album I've heard where I'm old though (32). So confused right now.

It does sound different.

Thank you :) (I don't see any option for "Manage Pre-orders" but it's not in my purchase history, so it looks ok.)

Me either! And now iTunes is saying it's having problems when I try to Pre-Order. :shrug: It's ok. It will still be there for pre-order tomorrow.

Ok. 1 more listen and then I'm off to bed.

:wave: to all! Thanks for hanging out with me for the unveiling hysteria. It was mucho fun! :heart: :love: :heart:

you know, it's weird, but it really sounds like Larry is using double bass drum pedal at times throughout this song :hmm:

My first thought about it is "What the hell is this?"
It's an odd choice for a first single isn't it? It's weird. Kind of like Numb type weird. It's very good, certainly, it's just not to my personal taste. I can't stand 60's psychedelic, dance and the other stuff that clearly influenced this. I just hope the rest of the album isn't like it and I don't think it is since the other songs from the beach clips were waaaay better. I'm going to put it on my Zune and give it a much louder listen than from my tinny, cheap computer speakers. I could change my mind... but anyway, I'm just ecstatic that my boys are back! It's been a while!

This is the most 'rock' song they've put out in a long time.

The chorus ('you don't know how beautiful you are') is amazing...from the first time I heard that chorus in the beach clip I thought it was one of the best choruses they had ever put on record, and I still think so. It is so melodic and layered and beautiful and ROCK at the same time.

The 'let me in the sound' part...when this gets played live, that part is going to have 20,000 people screaming 'let me in the sound' in unison...that will be intense.

Two gripes...one, I thought the guitar part could have been a little more varied. What was there was great, but it was basically the same riff over and over. Two...this is the second straight lead-off single that has basically melody-less verses. I'm not crazy about the idea of melody-less verses...but U2 pulled it off pretty well both times. In this song, they work well because they make that beautiful uber-melodic chorus stand out all the more.

The production is really great.

:rockon: :drool:

good song apart from the last 20 seconds which I think is the worst ending of any u2 song...still pretty good but I was expecting greatness after 4 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom