You've heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS? - Post all thoughts, reviews, discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be awesome if the Edge was actually secretly surfing interference right now oblivious to us all. Maybe he's left a subliminal comment...

I am interested to know how the world reacts to this tune, and whether we have it all wrong and it flops

I think this song can be a big hit. It has that dancey feel 2 it, which seems to be what all the kids like nowadays. U2 have a whole new generation to introduce themselves 2, the generation that was in elementry school when Vertigo first it. I think they have it in them. When Vertigo first came out, I wasnt sure how the Green Day/Gwen Stefani crowd would react, but they seemed to like it, so its a decent bet to say it will be a hit. Time will tell

Ok, i just went out to my car to listen again!

I think the iddle-eastern connection is a lock:

The future needs a big kiss (love not war, i dont wana talk about war between nations)

Winds blow with a twist (sand-storms, desert)

Never seen a moon like this (Crescent moon, muslim theme. Porbably the 'never seen' bit is an allusion to the ignorance of western society to middle eastern culture)

Can you see it too? (plea to the western world to embrace )

Night is falling everywhere (night time attack from the 'coalition of the willing')

Rockets hit the fun fair (millions of innocent victims fun-fair is alluding to youth and innocence)

Satan loves a bomb-scare (this could just be me talking, but I believe that's Bush invading Iraq because he felt that every great President needs a war)

But it won't scare you (enduring human spirit)

The future needs a big kiss (love not war, i dont wana talk about war between nations)

Never seen a moon like this (Crescent moon, muslim theme. Porbably the 'never seen' bit is an allusion to the ignorance of western society to middle eastern culture)

Night is falling everywhere (night time attack from the 'coalition of the willing')

Rockets hit the fun fair (millions of innocent victims fun-fair is alluding to youth and innocence)

Satan loves a bomb-scare (this could just be me talking, but I believe that's Bush invading Iraq because he felt that every great President needs a war)

Kudos to you sir Dan. :up:

Perfect summary, and it does look like Bono's songwriting has improved a lot. :up:

Yeah we've heard the clip on youtube, and on u2exit.com and we also have a request thread for it.

You need to just make a template with no words over 4 letters long for those who cannot read.

You have stated similar sentiments at least 20 times in the last 4 hours.

God Bless you sister.

Nice assessment

I think 'Satan loves a bomb-scare, but it won't scare you' will go down as one of Bono's really cool lyrics (like every artist is a cannibal...about the grief).

You need to just make a template with no words over 4 letters long for those who cannot read.

You have stated similar sentiments at least 20 times in the last 4 hours.

God Bless you sister.

I know, I'm starting to lose my mind.. I think.

I agree with the mid east thing, but I think you're pushing it with some of that other stuff.

I thought of it more as a song about terrorism than a song about the USA terrorizing the Muslims.

I'd definitely go with satan representing terrorists (ala Northern ireland) loving a bomb scare, and "It won't scare you" equating to 'don't give into the fear.'

I don't think it's an anti-Bush statement... If anything it goes with US hegemony.

Although.. not giving into the fear could translate into resisting the hegemony of fear... ooh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom