You've heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS? - Post all thoughts, reviews, discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The chorus goes -
"You don't know....etc
You don't know how beautiful you are........."

Something like that. Its like that on the beach clip anyway.

I have to say, after 70 times listens (so iTunes tells me), not only Bono is in top form, the production is great and I love Larry's drums. It's so exciting. I can't wait for the full song.

I'm starting a whole new semester in photography tomorrow but I can't go to bed from fear of missing a leak.

Are you sure we've heard the chorus?
I read somewhere that we haven't heard the chorus yet.
Is the "Sexy boots" really the chorus?

What do you guys think?

no i dont think so _ I think the chorus (as such it is) comes at a diff place - second bit of the shawn bits maybe ?? mike:applaud:

Holy poop I didn't realize that 30 second clip was in high quality. I thought people were talking about the low quality one from that guy's cell phone.

This sounds so frickin awesome... I love it, really. THIS is what I wanted from U2.

I'm trying not to assume that I'm going to love this song because I haven't heard the whole thing but.. wow. Too cool.

It's not stupid, that's what I thought first too. But it's also clearly a political/war reference at the same time. Same thing with the 'boots' thing: can be sexy boots a woman is wearing, or military boots.

This.

Of course they changed it to Get On Your Boots instead. It makes so much sense. 90's-Bono is back.

This thread will get to 50 pages before the song is even played on the radio tonight.

Wow, all this pre-album excitment means that I finally just passed the 1,000 posts mark after 8 years on this forum :lol:

holy poop i didn't realize that 30 second clip was in high quality. I thought people were talking about the low quality one from that guy's cell phone.

This sounds so frickin awesome... I love it, really. This is what i wanted from u2.

I'm trying not to assume that i'm going to love this song because i haven't heard the whole thing but.. Wow. Too cool.

amen

I thought the 30 second GOYB clip was low quality. :hmm:

There are 3 clips now, of different parts of the song.

2 are about 12 sec each of quite poor quality (but better than the beach clips), recorded from a cell phone by DJ Shawn (who is a woman btw)

The other more recent one is 22 sec and high quality, from an Austrian radio station that played it today. It's like listening to the real song in near-album quality, but it's not the whole song :)

This thread will get to 50 pages before the song is even played on the radio tonight.

haha, that would be just hilarious, we'll probably need 3 threads for the discussion though.

There are 3 clips now, of different parts of the song.

2 are about 12 sec each of quite poor quality (but better than the beach clips), recorded from a cell phone by DJ Shawn (who is a woman btw)

The other more recent one is 22 sec and high quality, from an Austrian radio station that played it today. It's like listening to the real song in near-album quality, but it's not the whole song :)

Aw bummer, I didn't get to hear the 22 second good quality clip. :angry:

there are 3 clips now, of different parts of the song.

2 are about 12 sec each of quite poor quality (but better than the beach clips), recorded from a cell phone by dj shawn (who is a woman btw)

the other more recent one is 22 sec and high quality, from an austrian radio station that played it today. It's like listening to the real song in near-album quality, but it's not the whole song :)

yeah okay - but have now listened to this on a loop for 4 hours and believe me _ best opening single since the fly mike

haha, that would be just hilarious, we'll probably need 3 threads for the discussion though.

Aw bummer, I didn't get to hear the 22 second good quality clip. :angry:

If you want it it's available at U2exit, or I can send it to you. It's worth it! And a little extra tease before we hear the whole thing in a few hours :)

If you want it it's available at U2exit, or I can send it to you. It's worth it! And a little extra tease before we hear the whole thing in a few hours :)

I'm gonna go check it out on U2exit I guess, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom