You've heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS? - Post all thoughts, reviews, discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought that we read somewherer that boots was going to go to XM and iTUNES after the Dave Fanning Premiere>>

Any idea if the XM part has been confirmed, and if so, which station on XM will be playing it?

my friend is dying to know as he won't be near a computer at 3:15am in NY but he will have his XM radio...

any info helps

It's also going to be streamed on U2.com following its premiere on Dave Fanning's show.

this makes vertigo look like a gimpy little brother (and i love vertigo!)

Songs Vertigo remind me of: I Will Follow, Rejoice, Desire
Songs Get On Your Boots remind me of: Salome, Discothèque, (Vertigo), Mysterious Ways

the only part i dont hear is the "get on your boots" part after sexy boots. maybe they added that

Yep thats been added. In the beach clip theres a nice bit of guitar in the middle where edge is going a bit crazy with the wah wah on his guitar. Hope they kept that in, be mighty pissed if they didn't!

I had me first listen to the 22 sec clip. I'm actually pleasantly surprised that I kind of like it or maybe it's just because it's new. The music quality sounds amazing at any rate.

The one thing that I do like, is the music itself sounds different from the last two albums. It's got serious funky vibe to it. Not really my cuppa tea but we'll see if it grows on me. It's all very exciting anyway!!

MY GOD, I JUST GOT IT

The song is about the Middle East!
"I've got a submarine, you've got gasoline"
"rockets hit the funfair, satan loves a bomb scare"

Bono, I salute you

Did people really need to analyze the gasoline/submarine lyric????

Seriously???

The reference is incredibly obvious.

Well it's only 22 seconds but I really like it. It's got an awesome flow to it. really groovey. I wonder if Bono is going for a ryhming record though :D Kiss, Twist, This everywhere, fair, scare . Awesome

yeah, we've talked about this. Good to see that its not a brainless pop song

I wasn't around for that discussion...
But I love that the first single is a political song in disguise.

(This may sound stupid, I first thought of the submarine/gasoline lyric as sexual)

Are you sure we've heard the chorus?
I read somewhere that we haven't heard the chorus yet.
Is the "Sexy boots" really the chorus?

What do you guys think?

MY GOD, I JUST GOT IT

The song is about the Middle East!
"I've got a submarine, you've got gasoline"
"rockets hit the funfair, satan loves a bomb scare"

Bono, I salute you

Could be. Interesting interpretation. There is obviously some war/political thing going on. As it is often the case, there are some sexual innuendos mixed up too, which means that the song is not about what it first appears to be (sexy boots). This is Bono at his best IMO (but we'll see for the rest of the song and album)

I'm quite liking the lyrics so far, not entirely straight-forward, which is great.

I think there's a decent bit of irony in this song, like a lot of 90s stuff... hiding a more complex message under a more poppy disguise.

Are you sure we've heard the chorus?
I read somewhere that we haven't heard the chorus yet.
Is the "Sexy boots" really the chorus?

What do you guys think?

yeah, the chorus can be heard in the beach clip, its a nice change up lyrics along the line sof you dont know how beautiful you are

I wasn't around for that discussion...
But I love that the first single is a political song in disguise.

(This may sound stupid, I first thought of the submarine/gasoline lyric as sexual)

It's not stupid, that's what I thought first too. But it's also clearly a political/war reference at the same time. Same thing with the 'boots' thing: can be sexy boots a woman is wearing, or military boots.

I really cant wait to hear the whole song. Love the clips so far. HURRY UP TIME.

It's not stupid, that's what I thought first too. But it's also clearly a political/war reference at the same time. Same thing with the 'boots' thing: can be sexy boots a woman is wearing, or military boots.

I :heart: Bono's double meanings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom