You've heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS? - Post all thoughts, reviews, discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I compare it to the fly in that desire to "the fly" is the same difference in sounds as Vertigo to Get on your boots. Just talking about the change in direction. it does sound nothing like the fly but there are some AB aspects to it.
I disgaree totally. I don't see the huge difference between Vertigo and Get On Your Boots comparing to the difference between Desire and The Fly. That's way too far of a stretch. GOYB definately sounds different but I can easily imagine Vertigo following GOYB on an album or vice versa. It's not a R&H - Achtung Baby transition by any means. Not even close. I think it's awesome but not the drastic change alot are making it out to be. The album as a whole might turn out to be but not between the last two lead singles.

If this is how Interference is during the lead up to the single, then I can't imagine how it will be like when the singles out, let alone the album. :D

I disgaree totally. I don't see the huge difference between Vertigo and Get On Your Boots comparing to the difference between Desire and The Fly. That's way too far of a stretch. GOYB definately sounds different but I can easily imagine Vertigo following GOYB on an album or vice versa. It's not a R&H - Achtung Baby transition by any means. Not even close. I think it's awesome but not the drastic change alot are making it out to be. The album as a whole might turn out to be but not between the last two lead singles.

perhaps you are correct! But in terms of layering, textures bono's voice etce there is quite the drastic change b/w vertigo and GOYB but this is just my opinion ofcourse. But yes you are correct it is not as drastic as desire to fly. But my point was the reason why i compare it to the fly is because of the change in direction albiet not as drastic, it is still a change non-the less

If this is how Interference is during the lead up to the single, then I can't imagine how it will be like when the singles out, let alone the album. :D

I know!! I'm not even doing Chris Martin jokes today!!

I don’t think it’s that drastic a change. Vertigo isn’t the right comparison – Love and Peace is. It’s a sped up, funky, Love and Peace. With far, far better lyrics.

That's the second time you've posted that....:wink:....do you think it was justified?

I do, yes.

We'll have to hear the rest of the lyrics, but if they convey Bono's disapproval of the war, we can discuss the lyrics and their relevance. But I think saying something along the lines of "only rich oil men can justify this war" is a bit asinine, especially for a forum that isn't FYM and for a song of whose lyrics we know very few.

Bono was wearing his sexy boots today, just for this occasion. :sexywink:

bonosexybootssitting.jpg

oh you wait my friend you just wait..... i remember when HTDAAB was leaked this place crashed because there were so many users!! Trust me its going to be NUTS!!!

Do you remember how many users? :D (in a thread, in WTAHAN)

I simply can't imagine it.

Do you remember how many users? :D (in a thread, in WTAHAN)

I simply can't imagine it.

Umm no can't tell you how many but TONS. All i remember is waking up on a sunday (or saturday) morning ready to go to work and seeing that the album leaked over night and then the place went crazy! I never saw so many swear words describing the songs LOL

with R&H they were in their Dalton Brothers mode guys, c'mon give U2 some slack, they don't wanna do any more country than they have too

NLOTH is gonna rock, but there won't be a major change like in R&H / AB. A major change would mean they become Dalton Brothers again.

I don’t think it’s that drastic a change. Vertigo isn’t the right comparison – Love and Peace is. It’s a sped up, funky, Love and Peace. With far, far better lyrics.
Interesting.
It's so funny how 23 seconds is so debated, reviewed and labeled. I mean it's 23 seconds. Barely a sneeze. But it's fun to see all the passion out there. Gonna be a long night. Wide awake in America for sure. :cool:

I think the change will be slightly more subtle. Electronic influences creeping in without overwhelming, and good, solid sonic development (Vertigo < GOYB). It won't be the rgeat mind-fuck people are after, but it will satiate everybodys need for change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom