You're the Best Thing About Me - Song Discussion Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still don't understand why it was released on a Wednesday. In the uk that Wednesday Thursday the song was in the top 20 on iTunes. It wouldn't have gone top 40 but it would definitely gone in a lot higher then 92, if it was a Friday to Friday release

Really liking the Change of Heart mix over the regular single mix but there's something really satisfying and harmonious about this Kygo mix. But kygo mix is missing too much of the band for me to believe it as a live version down the road. Doesn't feel as choppy as the rock version. Generally I prefer a rock song over edm/dance and I'd love to hear more of the band mixed into the kygo mix. I'm hoping U2 find a nice blend of the rock & kygo mix when they tour Songs of Experience and even if they decide a different mix for the album than what we've heard so far. Still, well done guys!

This is something I will never understand. I don't love TBT (I like it but I'm not putting it in top 50 U2 songs) but it's miles ahead of TS's new song "Look At What You Made Me Do" - which I cannot understand why anyone would like.

Even the band ROXETTE ( which was a pop band ) from my younger days was miles ahead than this SWIFT shit.

Even the band ROXETTE ( which was a pop band ) from my younger days was miles ahead than this SWIFT shit.

Hell yeah! Roxette was awesome. She's Got The Look is a fantastic song. I don't mind other older Taylor Swift songs, but to me, a song needs a good melody...I can't find any of that in her newer release.

Last edited:
I'm curious, what does Mikal think of the Kygo mix?

It's so good and will most likely get a lot of airplay. I don't even know who Kygo or EDM are but I'm guessing they're not welcome in these parts. I don't care. It's a fantastic mix!

Cripes, I can't keep track of all those mixes and which ones are fan made vs official :), but I love remixes and these are really good so keep em coming. Thx!!

There is a 11 day gap between last US show and first South American show. Do you think we will get more TV appearences then?

There is a 11 day gap between last US show and first South American show. Do you think we will get more TV appearences then?

I do. There has never been an album cycle that has been "laid back" and this should be no exception.

Even SOI had big promo plans but they fell through when Bono got hurt.

This song is amazing in that we've had 1 version for a year (that I feel in love with) and then they released the single... then a sic-fi mix which I don't know it that wast hem... then come this official Kygo Mix release which updated the lyrics .... and along the way like 3 or 4 fan made mixes... and you know what -- they all sound good to great.

We wouldn't be talking about this song so much if it was bad. It's not the star wars prequels where they are so bad people can't stop talking about them.

The DJ Mix is what made me love the song. I think my favorite version is the one i first heard a year ago and saved to mp3 from some youtube clip at at concert. Because that is when I feel in love. Glad they and surprised they released the Kygo at all!

Also i'm so old I had to stop and think what EDM stood for. Like for a lot longer than I should have.

Tonight's show in St. Louis has been cancelled because of safety concerns. How sad for everyone who planned on attending. Refunds are being sent out. So there won't be rescheduling.

Mea culpa; I like this song a lot more now than I did a week ago. Seeing it live this week was nice too, but there are little things in the studio version that I've come to notice and appreciate.

Like a lot of U2 songs it's a tones in the background and little details that show up when other details are memorized that get absorbed as time passes. There's still little details in prior albums that show up after years of listening. The Fly is a good example.

Like a lot of U2 songs it's a tones in the background and little details that show up when other details are memorized that get absorbed as time passes. There's still little details in prior albums that show up after years of listening. The Fly is a good example.

You hit the nail on the head as this is what happened to me with TBT (single)

It's so lightweight it almost seems impossible to take seriously, but the closer you listen the more complicated the lyrics are, it seems cheesey but it's so exuberant.

It's not a great U2 song, but if you can't find pleasure and joy in there somewhere, you probably kiss with your mouth closed and are a drag at parties. Grow up and have some fun.

I've grown to like the song quite a bit but the single and Sci Fi versions only. The Kygo mix is an abomination and it's good only if you like U2 stripped of all their character and buried under layers of cheese.

I heard what I think is the Kygo remix for the first time today, on Dallas radio (don't get excited - it was on a listener-supported NPR-affiliated AAA radio station). I think I like it more than the usual; exuberance comes through well. Not a stunning song, but pleasant.

Kygo shared his mix on his FB page and I went to the comments, expecting angry kids demanding to know why he was working with old losers who forced music on their phones. But they LOVE IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom