Your Thoughts on the U2 iPod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The U2 iPod:

• I think it's great! I am buying one ASAP!!

Votes: 69 20.7%
  • I think it's great! I'm saving my pennies!!

Votes: 56 16.8%
  • It looks interesting but I'm not sure if I'll buy one.

Votes: 71 21.3%
  • I already have an iPod but I'm excited about downloading the boxed set.

Votes: 11 3.3%
  • I see no point in paying again for songs I already own.

Votes: 64 19.2%
  • I think this shows that U2 is greedy and/or selling out and want no part of it.

Votes: 28 8.4%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 34 10.2%

• Total voters
mkdominatr said:
I was thinking of getting one in the 1st place and i think this just sold the deal. What could be cooler than taking your entire music collection with you on vacation in a 4x5 inch player.

You completely get it. An Ipod makes your entire music collection more usable. Play it on random, and it's like a radio station that is run by YOU!

MrBrau1 said:

You completely get it. An Ipod makes your entire music collection more usable. Play it on random, and it's like a radio station that is run by YOU!

This is what is so intriquing: 5k songs come along!

Call it what you will but the iPod has redefine how & when we listen to music.

Our lives can all have a soundtrack accompaniment just like in the movies!

ps My first iPod will be the U2's blackbox.

Someone said that U2 are selling out-I think they are.People that I know and that listen to U2 ,like them because of their music(of course) but also because of something they represent(ed)...for those people U2 were fighters for social justice,for peace,for equality among people all over the world,they were considered a band that had a feeling for people who suffer(Africa,Bosnia...)and who aren`t so rich to spend their monthly(or even yearly-in some countries)income for a fuck`n iPod.But today, I can say that U2 are one of the corner stones of wild capitalism that`s dividing this world into those very rich, like people on this forum who just bought U2 fuck`n iPod for $400 and people(or children) who work for 6 months to earn 400$ assembling things like iPods or your new pair of sneakers.

Oh, so U2 should stop selling millions of albums, making millions on tours and ... basically stop doing everything, because we're spending our disposable income on it? Or because U2 makes money off of it?

Yeah, I don't think so.

I'm buying an iPod. Am I rich? Hardly. But what I choose to spend my disposable income on is my business. And me buying an iPod has fuck-all to do with the less fortunate in the world.

There is a balance to be found between doing well for yourself and doing well to and for others. Many people, including U2, have done so.

But if you want to stop spending your own disposable income on U2, feel free.

Last edited:
u2croatia said:
Someone said that U2 are selling out-I think they are.People that I know and that listen to U2 ,like them because of their music(of course) but also because of something they represent(ed)...for those people U2 were fighters for social justice,for peace,for equality among people all over the world,they were considered a band that had a feeling for people who suffer(Africa,Bosnia...)and who aren`t so rich to spend their monthly(or even yearly-in some countries)income for a fuck`n iPod.But today, I can say that U2 are one of the corner stones of wild capitalism that`s dividing this world into those very rich, like people on this forum who just bought U2 fuck`n iPod for $400 and people(or children) who work for 6 months to earn 400$ assembling things like iPods or your new pair of sneakers.

I respect your opinion...but its quite an unfair genralized statement to brand every1 including U2 selfish & materialistc.

Life is unfair all over. But what you do with your time on this earth summarizes who you are. & I think U2 have done more than the sum of all of us. & definitely you.

We've all done our fair share.

The U2 iPod is just medium to celebrate their music not a fashion statement.

@ the end of the day, Only the man upstair can judge our contribution in sum.
You only have control of yourself. & be4 you brand please look in the mirror.

Last edited:
"" I can say that U2 are one of the corner stones of wild capitalism that`s dividing this world into those very rich, like people on this forum who just bought U2 fuck`n iPod for $400 and people(or children) who work for 6 months to earn 400$ assembling things like iPods or your new pair of sneakers. """

So, I assume you work for free, donating all $ to your favorite charities.
Give me a break. There is nothing wrong with making money, and there is nothing wrong with not making any money- do as you choose, but don't blame the world's ills on u2 - you can listen to their tunes on the radio for free, or you can buy their album for 10 bucks, or you can buy an Apple U2 Ipod for 350.00.
If you dont want an Ipod, then dont get one, but to label u2 as the cornerstone of wild capitalism is just plain silly.

caylan said:

the only way to load mp3's into iPod is thru iTunes.

However, iTunes can easily change all of your ripped CD on your HardDrive into AAC or Mp3 format for the iPod!

I believe you can also use Music Match to download onto Ipod- which dosent require windows xp or 2000- this should work for people (like me) with windows me who cant install itunes-
but i am not sure if you will be able to buy the complete u2 through music match down the road. (itunes has exclusive rights to htdaab for the first two weeks)

Guinness Stout said:

I believe you can also use Music Match to download onto Ipod- which dosent require windows xp or 2000- this should work for people (like me) with windows me who cant install itunes-

You are correct. I forgot Real MM had hacked the apple mp3 upload code.:wink:

For those with an I-pod.

What's best way to transfer music onto the i-pod, firewire or USB 2.0?

Was thinking about buying a firewire card as i heard this was best, the prices rang from £10 and then some are expensive, not sure which type i'd need...:|

I have a code for $30 off purchases of $300+ at Apple online ($349-$30=$319+free shipping).

If any1 wants it just PM me.

Not sure how many time it will work. So 1st come first served.

bono_man2002 said:
Hang on a second here.
I dont have USB 2.0....or Firewire....

BUT, i can still use MusicMatch?

You can use MusicMatch, but why would you? :) iTunes is really better than MusicMatch, in my opinion at least.

With that said, I think you can use USB 1.0, but it would be very, very slow. You can pickup a Firewire or USB 2 card for your computer for like 30 bucks though.

On another note, the U2 iPod is outselling the new iPod Photo. That's good news :)

Yep! That'd be perfect. Although, you might check for one just like that, but for Firewire. With Firewire, you can charge your iPod directly through the Firewire port, without needing an additional power cable.

I just got a note the Pod is being shipped from the Far East.
I guess, U2 are able to create jobs too.

My dad and I sat down looking over the iPod and spec. And we found out that it wasn't such a good deal for us anyway. :| I can't even buy The Complete U2, because I don't have a creditcard, so I will be spending a lot of money on just the colour and the poster. And altough I really like the black and red.. I really dislike the idea that it has WHITE earplugs. I mean... I think it is going to look awfull :huh: :|

I cant get the Complete U2 either...as iTunes are not yet avalible to download here in Australia.
I'll use it mainly for taking bootlegs around with me :)

Back
Top Bottom