Your Thoughts on the U2 iPod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The U2 iPod:

• I think it's great! I am buying one ASAP!!

Votes: 69 20.7%
  • I think it's great! I'm saving my pennies!!

Votes: 56 16.8%
  • It looks interesting but I'm not sure if I'll buy one.

Votes: 71 21.3%
  • I already have an iPod but I'm excited about downloading the boxed set.

Votes: 11 3.3%
  • I see no point in paying again for songs I already own.

Votes: 64 19.2%
  • I think this shows that U2 is greedy and/or selling out and want no part of it.

Votes: 28 8.4%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 34 10.2%

• Total voters
the iskin case is probably the best in terms of preventing scratching. I had a leather case for my 3rd gen ipod and that even scratched the back. You can get the iskin cases on the apple website

why won't my bastard quicktime install!! this is a nightmare! I keep having to restart the installation! I want to play with my new ipod!!!

To your question - I bought one at Heathrow today for £211.

:sad: :sad: :sad:
Sending my u2 ipod off to be replaced or repaired! Apple is real efficient about processing service requests. I made the request yesterday and today I got the box to ship it back to apple. That was a 24hr turnaround. Now I have to wait about a week to get it back..:(

thanks aardvark...i am so sad about this...was real mad at first..but what can you do...I happened to get a defective one. Came to this realization once I got over my depression...:| Luckily I have another mp3 player..um..not quite the same, a little 32mb...:huh:
that pod had me spoiled..:wink:

just gotta be patient and wait

whether I like it or hate it, I simply can´t have an iPod, because there aren´t iPod´s here in Chile, but I really don´t care, because here we are still fond of listening REAL CD´s instead :lol: :yes: :up:

About the U2 iPod, I really hate the idea, it shows how greedy are U2 now, despite some fans still don´t want to see it and refuse to be against any U2 action, no matter how bad it is :( :tsk: :down:

Shame of you, U2 principal management :censored:

I hope somebody can help me here:

I've just bought the new U2 iPod and the Complete U2. I also bought the in-ear headphones as the ones that came with the iPod didn't seem very good.

So I've uploaded the complete U2 and hit play. The sound seems terrible to me. The volume doesn't go very high at all, and the sound is tinny and soul-less. The 's' sounds distord and hurt my ears. My ten year old walkman sounds twice as good.

To top it off the front has a major scratch on it after just one day!

I'm SO dissapointed. I can't listen to U2 or anything else though this little device if it's going to sound this bad.

Please somebody tell me that there is a magic button somewhere that I can press to make it all good!! I've just spend so much money on this damn thing. Should I be changing my settings in iTunes??

HELP!! :scream:

ponkine said:
whether I like it or hate it, I simply can´t have an iPod, because there aren´t iPod´s here in Chile, but I really don´t care, because here we are still fond of listening REAL CD´s instead :lol: :yes: :up:

About the U2 iPod, I really hate the idea, it shows how greedy are U2 now, despite some fans still don´t want to see it and refuse to be against any U2 action, no matter how bad it is :( :tsk: :down:

Shame of you, U2 principal management :censored:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jim said:
So I've uploaded the complete U2 and hit play. The sound seems terrible to me. The volume doesn't go very high at all, and the sound is tinny and soul-less. The 's' sounds distord and hurt my ears. My ten year old walkman sounds twice as good.

Er...push the headphone connection all the way into the headphone jack. :)

Seriously, though, if it's THAT bad, you probably have a defective earphones or you haven't positioned them properly in your ear. Try listening with the earbuds that came with the iPod or some high-quality phones borrowed from a friend or available for demo at a store.

Also, be sure to turn OFF the Sound Check option from the Settings menu of your iPod. This will boost the volume. The Sound Check option is supposed to level the volume for all of the songs on your iPod, but in the process it reduces the volume on all tracks.

By the way, which in-ear phones did you get? The ones from Apple?

The iPod is praised by audiophiles for its realistic sound reproduction. But the sound will only be as good as the rest of the equipment you use to listen.

My lovely wife bought me mine this week....and I got a beautiful case by "incase" to hold it, and prevent scratches....I had a pair of nice headphones, so I got rid of those horrible white ones, no BASS!!!! The Complete U2 is next....

Back
Top Bottom