YOUR perfect HTDAAB?????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

innocent_eyes

Refugee
HTDAAB is an awesome record and the album the Band wanted to make, but obviously all people have different tastes etc...

1//Vertigo
2//Miracle Drug
3//Sometimes you can't make it on your own
4//Love and Peace or else
5//All Because of You
6//A man and a womam
7//Crumbs from your table
8//One step closer
9//Mercy
10//Xanax and Wine
11//Smile
12//Yahweh

there it is, lol!!!!!!!! thoughts/comments...?

You did not just leave out COBL. Are you serious?

Smile is just an unfinished version of Mercy, right? Maybe instead of Smile, COBL could be placed on the tracklist.

FullonEdge2 said:

Smile is just an unfinished version of Mercy, right? Maybe instead of Smile, COBL could be placed on the tracklist.

Smile and Mercy are diffrent tunes. Yes, COBL needs to be there!!

Smile isn't an unfinished version of Mercy, it's a totally different song.

Here's my List

1- Vertigo
2- Miracle Drug
3- SYCMIOYO
4- Flower Child
5- All Because of You
6- A Man and a Woman
7- Mercy
8- Love and Peace or Else
9- City of Blinding Lights
10- One Step Closer
11- Original of the Species
12- Fast Cars

I also noticed you left out OOTS. Well I guess not everyone's going to be happy with any tracklist.

FullonEdge2 said:

Im sending you smile right now! You need to hear it.

theedge111 said:

Im sending you smile right now! You need to hear it.

Sweet! Thanks!

I was just going off the preview, which sounded eerily similar to Mercy. Judging by the past few posts, however, I guess you can't judge a book by its cover.

FullonEdge2 said:

Sweet! Thanks!

I was just going off the preview, which sounded eerily similar to Mercy. Judging by the past few posts, however, I guess you can't judge a book by its cover.

No prob...i think Smile is the best track from the Complete U2 unreleased stuff.

How could OOTS be left off i agree, now HTDAAB is getting close to a double disk lol!

When I heard the live version of COBL I was so excited but i think the production is pretty bad.

I still enjoy the song, but it doesn't have that special 'magic' that mercy and smile have. Miracle drug is also beaten up by production, it could have been a classic, and it's still really close, plus the tour will make it sound better, like UTEOTW, it's more listenable after heard live.

I think the next album has to be VERY raw, almost unproduced as the songs that didn't make HTDAAB.

Origional of the Species is a good song and fits thematically, but I think Xanax and Wine would have been better in it's place sonically, more fitting with vertigo/aboy/love and peace, etc..

you guys should try the playlist I poted in the first post, wow...lol! And yes, Not one playlist can ever please anyone!!!! wierd! :huh: :wink:

Ah now I would keep every track on the album, remix a few of them, and change the order. It would look like:

1. Vertigo
2. City of Blinding Lights (Remix)
3. Miracle Drug
4. SYCMIOYO
5. All Because Of You (Remix)
6. Crumbs From Your Table (Remix)
7. Love and Peace or Else
8. A Man and a Woman
9. Original of the Species
10. One Step Closer
11. Yahweh

Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
City of Blinding Lights
All Because of You
A Man and a Woman
Crumbs From Your Table
One Step Closer
Original of the Species
Yahweh
Fast Cars

May anyone send me Smile and Xanax and wine ? I haven´t heard those songs yet :ohmy:

Well, IMO this album should have been different in many aspects:

1- Different Tracklisting: For example, Mercy and Fast Cars instead of One Step Closer and Sometimes You Can´t Make It On Your Own.

2- Production: a more risky and new sound, not that "classic" epic intended sound. Also MORE DRUMS !!!! Lacks power with that very hidden drums.

3- Bono and The Edge: Both should have sounded different, don´t get me wrong, Edge´s guitars aren´t that bad, is just we are so used to listen to that "classic" guitars :ohmy: that I really wanted something brand new and fresh. Bono sounds equal on each song, I mean, there´s no different sounded voices like Zoo Station, Lemon, Zooropa, Wake Up Dead Man, HMTMKMKM, etc. For example, in Vertigo ( Jacknife remix ) he sounds 1000 times better than the CD version, specially during lines ( not chorus )

4- ANOTHER COVER: I remember many creative fans posted here several interesting covers better than the Punk intended official :down:

I´m still imagining how good could have been this album, really :(

If you think Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own should have been left off, you're on crack!

( I do agree Mercy, Fast Cars should have been included, and that there should have been a rockier approach to recording)

Sadly however, you seem way too nostalgic for past triumphs..which is odd since thats what you're criticising the band for (being stuck in the past)

I love Smile, as well as the ATYCLB session unreleased tracks, Love you like mad and Levitate.

Sleep Over Jack said:
If you think Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own should have been left off, you're on crack!

( I do agree Mercy, Fast Cars should have been included, and that there should have been a rockier approach to recording)

Sadly however, you seem way too nostalgic for past triumphs..which is odd since thats what you're criticising the band for (being stuck in the past)

NOOOO don´t get me wrong my friend :(

I think some fans still don´t understand me :ohmy:

First of all, it´s hard to put 100% exact words here, since my first tongue is Spanish :rolleyes:

Second, I´m not nostalgic for the past, I mean, it really seems U2 is stuck in ATYCLB moment, not me ( by the way, I never liked ATYCLB ) :tsk:

I feel many weird things with this "new" ( although this album is nothing truly new for me, mate, sorry :( ) U2. First, they´re still living in ATYCLB, the music is pretty the same, they sound and look the same, probably the new tour will be a sort of Elevation II tour, etc.
Because I LOVE U2 ( TRUST ME, POR FAVOR :heart: ) I don´t support and I can´t stand this safe and commercial iPod band, I mean, no new music, no ideas, no risks, no new art, etc, etc. As a fan said on amazon.com, U2 was U2 because they used to re-invent themselves with every new album, that thing made U2 so great and unforgettable, indeed !!!!:yes:

That´s the thing most I love from U2, I remember when Achtung Baby came out, then Zooropa and later Pop, with every disc I found new and interesting music. But since ATYCLB, the band stopped to re-discover themselves, by releasing now predictable and uninspiring music for grammy, money and charts. That thing I really can´t support. I don´t know why they´re still stucked in ATYCLB, hating Pop and overrating all their 2000 - 2004 era :ohmy:.

Every fan who loves The Beatles love them for the same reason: in every Beatle Album since Help you can find a band re-discovering themselves... until Let It Be. Let It Be sounds pretty much HTDAAB, in terms of a tired and uninspired band, with no ideas left, etc. For me, this era is pretty much Let It Be, despite there´s no Yoko Ono here and no fitting against other band member. Neverthless the band is alive because of their past, really. If U2 weren´t release all those avant- garde 90´s albums, I bet you ATYCLB were sold no more than 3 million copies, the same with this album ( I think it will sell 6 million copies anyway, sadly because it´s A U2 ALBUM, not for the album itself, do you know what I mean ? )

I hope you understand me better

:wave:

I think this track list has the best songs made during the htdaab sessions:

Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
City of Blinding Lights
All Because of You
XANAX AND WINE
A Man and a Woman
Crumbs From Your Table
MERCY
Original of the Species
Yahweh

Talk about no loose ends and great from start to end!
Still can't understand the reasoning behind leaving Mercy out over much weaker track like OSC.:scratch:
Also, Xanax is already far better than fast cars, imagine if they had polished it up & put the final touches on it!:banghead:

Last edited:
Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Love and Peace or Else
Original of the Species
City of Blinding Lights (Jick Single Version)
All Because of You
Crumbs From Your Table
Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own
Are You Gonna Wait Forever
A Man and Woman
Fast Cars
Yahweh
Mercy
Neon Lights

Neon Lights? oh come now...i was so worried after hearing that song...it's boring....I've never called anything U2 has done crap until i heard that....that's how strong I feel about it

People who think it's "ATYCLB part II" can either prove it or knock it off with it.

It's fine the way it is.
The only thing that surprised me is that Original of the species, an obvius hit/classic material is so far back in the tracklisting. That and I feel Miracle Drug and City of blinding lights are too close to each other.

Mercy or Fast cars wouldn't fit, plus they're not as good as the album songs. Mercy is probably going to be a B-side anyway.

Last edited:
I can't believe you think Mercy is worse than Yahweh, A Man And A Woman especially...and its better than a few others too!

While Mercy is a good B-side with potential to become a really good song (with more work, and it's too long), I don't think it's up there with the rest.
OK, maaaybe better than Yahweh but that's it.

I think the fact its assigned "best b-side ever" status by Bono is influencing people's opinions....if it was on the album I doubt it'd get the "unfinished" "too long" critiques IMO ;)

Back
Top Bottom