Your opinion on YAHWEH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UVMan

The Fly
I think it's neat that they made a song called YAHWEH, which is one of the spellings of God's name in the bible. There's a number of people who don't even realize that God has a name. I like how they incorporated that into a song. So, what does everyone else think of it? And also, what special meaining did you get from it if any?

I like Yahweh a lot. I love how Bono sounds. I am not into religious stuff although I did know what the title was about. I didn't read into the song but it clearly has a biblical tone to it. A Bono tone.

Could'nt agree more,the song is a classic,can't stop playing it.It did'nt start off as one of my favs on the album but it is now.As for the religous aspect i'm not really into that scene YAHWEH!!!

first half is good, second half is perfection.
"your Love is like a drop in the ocean" i love bono's voice on that part. The last few lines are great and end the album perfectly, unless you have the collectors edition of course. :wink:

I love it. I think a lot hate it because it has a choir feel to it. My dad loves it as well, and he has pretty good taste in music for a guy in his late 50's! :ohmy:

I'm sorry to say that so far it's the only song on the album that doesn't do anything for me. It's not exactly bad, just unremarkable IMO. It may still grow on me with time - I felt the same way about When I Look at the World and couple of years later I grew to like it.

Yahweh is currently my favorite album closer.

I can not rank Yahweh, though. It is beyond ranking. While that may mean it is not #1, it just simply can not be defined. I think to try to rank it, for me, is like trying to put God in a box. Every song has its own special magic, and qualities that make it unique and special. I can easily rank some other U2 songs, but not Yahweh. Is that called transcendence? If so, I guess Yahweh would be transcendence. I don't know. All I know is it holds a really special place in my heart.

Last edited:
I really feel this is one of the best song's on the Album. Its a mix of not only Lyrical beauty but melodic beauty. Bono's voice is chilling and the music is amazing. One of the strongest tracks on the Bomb.

RockNRollDawgie said:
YAHWEH and "Love And Peace Or Else" are my fave tunes so far.
I love the entire album! It was worth
the wait. :)

Not to stir the pot, but those are my most unfavorite songs on the album. I do like the last half of Yahweh, but I really don't like the chorus, if you can call it one.

Love and Peace or Else sounds like a PoP b-side, which would be okay with me if it was. I don't really like the guitar on the song, sounds like it's trying to hard to be rock.

mikal said:
i love the song. it's their best closer since AIWIY, imo.

no way =D

Love is Blindness is easily their best closer of all time =P

ah, gotta love how everyone has their own opinion :p

I love how they double up Bono's voice on Yahweh, sounds really cool, kind of like what they did on ABOY

i love Yahweh!! I think its one of the most clever songs they've ever done. The title seems to hint at a huge ponderous song, but right from the beginning it just makes you smile. One of the coolest songs they've ever done. Maybe not one of the best, but one of the COOLEST

Hmm. I don't really like Yahweh.
In my opinion the worst closer since... uhm....
worst closer ever?
I hate the chorus, it's so bland...

Best closer ever is probably "40",
but The Wanderer is amazing too.

I liked it because it's unusual for U2 to have something with more of a tempo to close the album with nowadays. I think it's more uplifting than "Wake Up Dead Man" but that's always debatable. I Like Slane's version of it way better than the album version. Who knows if "Yahweh" will be their closer on tour, maybe or maybe not.

I absolutely love YAHWEH (the song and God)

The songs that should have been the closer, in my opinion, is One Step Closer To Knowing

Absolute a great song, i love the intro and the way bono and edge sings....Thumbs up!!!!:wink:

top 5 closers in my opinion

1. All i want is you
2. Love is Blindness
3. 40
4.Mothers of the disapeared
5. the wanderer

I hate Grace, Wake up dead man is a cool song but part me cant stomach it,yahweh I just need to listen to a few more times I think and Besides MLK which is alright I really dont have an opinion on shadow and tall trees or Scarlet cuz I dont remember what the heck they sound like anymore.

absolutely great song and the best closer since Love Is Blindness.
YAHWEH would also work as U2s last song ever.

jacobus said:

YAHWEH would also work as U2s last song ever.

Yeh thats what i was thinking when i heard it after a few listens. It sounds like a goodbye forever kind of song in a way.

There is something about Original of the Species too that gives me a feeling that its almost the end.

Back
Top Bottom