Your opinion of HTDAAB now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
doctorwho said:

:up: :applaud:

Great album - better than ATYCLB, IMO. I haven't enjoyed a U2 album this much since AB.

Agreed..and that is saying something since Zooropa and POP were excellent, interesting albums, and ATYCLB was a solid pop-rock album as well! I just think the new one trumps them all for the sheer number of superb tunes it has.

i've realized that sometimes you can't make it on your own is a very good song.

i've also realized that vertigo is exactly the same thing as elevation. what was the point?

exactly elevation and vertigo are the same song why cant people see that?

and check this out.

elevation tour.

vertigo tour.

wow u2 wow.

oh and i hate htdaab very poor album! nothing new or fresh!
and now i feel like u2 think that their fans are stupid or something!

come on elevation tour / vertigo tour. well im glad im not falling for this shit im so cool :wink:
(their is some sarcasm im my post)

Last edited:
well I thought Native Son was a pretty kick ass little song, and then they commcrecialized it and Bono seems to have dumbed up the lyrics and shortened it to be digestable to the masses.

This is is the idea, really, honestly, you can't make great music that reaches the masses anymore, because they will never hear it. So if you want to reach them, you take the edge off. This is what U2's doing and some can figure it out, and some can't. Sorry.

I guess U2 are stuck in an old mindset, at least thats what I tell myself. Jeez. Hell Bono and Edge appeared to like the more edgy album (no pun intended) but the backbeat voted it down. Fucking Larry with his pop mentality. Adam, I don't blame so much. But it's their lives and their music. They want to be at #1, or else they don't want to tour at all. It's not worth it to them otherwise. I can see what that mindset is.

Sorry if I cant just digest it all with no qualms, you maginficent army of apologists ready to reply with your token claims.

Here is my token reply to your token claims:
"In 4 years this album will be seen as the cousin, or sister or the sequel to ATYCLB. And just ask yourself, if this is the case, then what is the honest reception to ATYCLB? And then imagine that maybe slightly better for HTDAAB, because I think most people would say it's a better album, by a slight margin. It's just another good album by U2, no more or less."

Ponkine,

Disculpame amigo pero te equivocas al decir que es una mierda y que te averguenza
Cual es tu fundamento?
Que esta mal en promover un nuevo disco de la manera que lo hace U2?
Ellos tienen que vender! Esto es un negocio! Todo en este mundo es un negocio. Asi es, si uno no lucra no sobrevive.
Pero hay que hacerlo artisticamente, en el caso de un grupo musical.
La musica se vendera por Internet en el futuro, la compra fisica se va a extinguir acuerdate!
U2 solo se esta agarrando de una idea para decir "Somos inovadores, esta es la nueva forma de venta"
Carajo, que maestros!!
Y que maestros porque adema de todo, funciono!!
Con una cancion de mierda o un disco de mierda, la idea se iba a la concha de su madre
Ahora es mucho mas dificil vender un disco que en la epoca del Joshua Tree o Achtung Baby. La pirateria esta infestada,
a mucha gente ya no le interesa el rock, ya que los grupos buenos que podrian estar influenciando a mucha gente ya no estan, o al menos no en su mejor momento
R.E.M?
Radiohead?
Oasis?
Pear Jam?

Donde estan?
Entonces cuando todo es rap, hip hop, pop prefabricado y demas mierdas y muchas mierdas diria yo, es muy jodido llegar a nuevas audiencias
Es como un negocio: El dia que no vendes, empiezas a retroceder
Es asi en la musica hoy en dia: O captas nuevos fans o cagaste, tus dias estan contados
A U2 nadie les ha pagado nada por venderse a una idea. Lo del IPod es algo en lo que ellos y mucha gente cree. Eso esta bien, si realmente crees en ello es adecuado. Lo mal estaria hacerlo por plata solamente. Eso U2 no lo haria jamas, que te quede claro
Si la coleccion de canciones del IPod no te gusto, bueno ese es otro tema amigo, de eso podemos discutir largo y tendido.

Mira soy fan de U2 desde 1986, tengo 30 años y me gusta cada disco por lo que original que es y por todo lo que ofrece. Cada uno de ellos es magico, todos en su estilo propio.
He ido a todas las giras desde el Joshua Tree Tour y te puedo decir que estuve en el concierto en la Ciudad de Mexico el dia 2 de noviembre de 1997, justo el show que salio a la venta.
Fue una experiencia maravillosa, y ver despues el show, puta madre... Magnifico!
De acuerdo en que la voz de Bono quiza no estaba en su mejor momento, pero el hombre podia cantar y mejor aun transmitir emocion que es lo que mejor sabe hacer
Yo personalmente lo disfruto muchisimo, y si..... PopMart fue buenisimo

Para terminar amigo mio, si no te gusta HTDAAB es respetable, nadie te puede obligar a ello, asi como nadie te obligó a ser fan de U2 y que bueno debatir del tema con alguien que es fan.
Pero por favor no digas que es una mierda porque no lo es, a mi y a mucha gente nos ha realmente impresionado
A mi en particular me parece que 6 canciones son de lo mejor que U2 ha hecho...Vertigo, Miracle Drug, Sometimes, City Of..., Original of the Species y Yahweh
Tienes que entender que no todo lo bueno tiene que ser super inovador
En este disco en particular hay algunas inovaciones como en Vertigo, Love and Peace Or Else, All Beacuse of You (cuando U2 hizo algo asi?)
Sometimes es quiza la mejor cancion de U2 desde One, y lo que han logrado hacer de una manera magistral en este disco es abrir su corazon, es musica del alma, al igual que ATYCLB, pero mas rock, mejor lograda creo yo
y me encanta ATYCLB y me encanta Pop tambien

Seamos objetivos, no seas tan radical en tus ideas, dale tiempo al nuevo album y quiza si vas a algun show del Vertigo Tour o si U2 va para Chile, te aseguro que a lo mejor podras cambiar de opinion o al menos verlo diferente

Esperemos U2 venga a Sudamerica, quiza vaya para Chile pues que vengan por aqui parece que sera jodido

Saludos Ponkine, espero algun dia te pueda gustar un poquito HTDAAB,

N.

shaun vox said:
exactly elevation and vertigo are the same song why cant people see that?

and check this out.

elevation tour.

vertigo tour.

wow u2 wow.

oh and i hate htdaab very poor album! nothing new or fresh!
and now i feel like u2 think that their fans are stupid or something!

come on elevation tour / vertigo tour. well im glad im not falling for this shit im so cool :wink:
(their is some sarcasm im my post)

Mate for a 14 year old, you've got a lot going against you. Not only are you very immature but you're not in the least bit funny. I dislike like you and yet I still feel very embarrassed for you.

Make my cringing stop. :sad:

Anyway, I've just changed my mind about HTDAAB. I love it now. Thought y'all might be interested in hearing that.

neutral said:

Neutral, no offence but what does :| mean. I have seen the mods use this a lot, and frankly I think if mods want to make contributions or comments it's better if they spell out what they mean instead of resorting to :|

:wink:

financeguy said:
I have seen the mods use this a lot..

Regular members are not the only people allowed to use smilies you know. Mods are real people too, not robots like some people may think :wink:

Sicy said:

Regular members are not the only people allowed to use smilies you know. Mods are real people too, not robots like some people may think :wink:

We don't think you're robots we think you are God-like geniuses. :wink:

(I know, I know, flattery will get me nowhere :wink:)

I like HTDAAB, isn't their best work, that's obviuos, they aren't experimenting anymore, I find in this album 4 mature men happy with their sound and with the musical place that they found.

I like a few songs in ATYCLB, was my first U2 album! and, you can bash me, but ATYCLB is better in some ways... because was their return to the roots, and that was kinda "original", HTDAAB have better songs but is just an ATYCLB continuation work

I don't like it. I am anxiously awaiting their next album in....2009?

Ever since about the first month after I heard it, I rarely listen to it. The melodies sound good, and the songs have some really greats parts to them, but that is outweighed by the negatives, which are harder to articulate. First of all I have never had one of the songs from the new album "in my head". You know, where you are eating sleeping and breathing a song, you can't stop thinking about it, you are humming it at work, etc. That is a big deal to me. Second is a more overall thing that I can't pin down. I just don't like these songs is the bottom line.

For now I am into coldplay and u2's earlier work.

This cd is great in all senses! the sound is new has more rock tone, and the lyirics are all with a message that touches me somehow, example of that is song 3 SOMETIMES YOU CAN'T MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN it strongly reminds me the guy I like, I could dedicate it to him if I had the courage...but unfortunatly U2 is not his favorite band...Overall I love the opening song Vertigo it's th best!

Jack In The Box said:
I like HTDAAB, isn't their best work, that's obviuos, they aren't experimenting anymore, I find in this album 4 mature men happy with their sound and with the musical place that they found.

I like a few songs in ATYCLB, was my first U2 album! and, you can bash me, but ATYCLB is better in some ways... because was their return to the roots, and that was kinda "original", HTDAAB have better songs but is just an ATYCLB continuation work

ATYCLB was your first album and you still miss the experimentation? That's unusual. Not trying to generalize but many times, the album that makes somebody a fan turns out to be their favorite.

Im still listening to It! All the time. Hearing the San Diego bootlegs give some songs even more 'depth' or 'feeling'. Esp Yahweh which i liked anyways, but the acoustic version is so cool with the entire audience singing along to the chorus.

This album still ranks VERY highly with me

Bizza.

Back
Top Bottom