Your most prized u2 possesion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
What is your fave u2 item you own? Could be a cd, t shirt or watever

I used to love my u2 war tour t-shirt (same as bono wears on UABRS). but i got it 23 yrs ago as a 14 yr old......so it stopped fitting me years ago and havent seen it since. I thought i was the dogs bollix in it back then:wink:

DSCF0361.jpg

I'm going to be buried with it :drool:

I've got nothing fantastic but my original Zooropa Japanese version that I got in Japan the day it came out. That whole time in my life with that record, technology, Tokyo, kind of just sums everything up. All good memories baby...

A guitar pick used by the Edge during the Grammy Awards performace.

I have only used it once...I don't want it to break/get lost/get smudged/get sunlight

UF Gold CD
U2 Pop Lithograph framed
Pop LP

And of course the memories of going to the concerts.

James Joyce's book Dubliners, autographed by Bono & Edge in 1997 on the inside cover, which features an old map of Dublin. Their inscriptions are really strange and to my eyes pretty unique, which makes it more personal to me.

Paul McGuinne$$ also signed it (he was there also so I figured what the hell), but nowadays to me it detracts from this item more than adding to it.

All my memories of the shows I've seen plus the times I've met them
My recordings
Ticket Stubs

lazarus said:
James Joyce's book Dubliners, autographed by Bono & Edge in 1997 on the inside cover, which features an old map of Dublin. Their inscriptions are really strange and to my eyes pretty unique, which makes it more personal to me.

Paul McGuinne$$ also signed it (he was there also so I figured what the hell), but nowadays to me it detracts from this item more than adding to it.

You shouldn't feel that way. That is one of the coolest items I have ever heard being signed by them, and Paul McGuniness is deserving of being included. You know, the band members love and respect him, and he is right up with the best of them now as a Dubliner.

I'd love to see a pic!

Last edited:
I have a cool print of a drawing of Bono, with a self portrait of Bono drawn by Bono himself on top of the print. It is so cool looking.

I also have a very rare collection of original Pop Mart enamel pins and keychains that were commissioned but never offered for sale by the band at concerts. I will work on learning how to upload pics here and then do so. They are both very cool looking.

I also have hundreds of U2 collectibles, from a large collection of U2 postcards as well as pins, to keychains, patches, stickers, photos, autographs, programs, books, magazines and more. I went a bit overboard :reject:

thanks, Gman...perhaps I should go on over to ebay and just see what they have...you know, just take a look...like window shopping.
;)

Last edited:
Val said:

You shouldn't feel that way. That is one of the coolest items I have ever heard being signed by them, and Paul McGuniness is deserving of being included. You know, the band members love and respect him, and he is right up with the best of them now as a Dubliner.

I'd love to see a pic!

McGuinne$$ told me that if it had been Joyce's Ulysses he wasn't sure if he'd feel comfortable signing it.

So I was a little suspect even back then.

That book is somewhere in storage. One of these days I'll have to scan the thing to have a digital record...

Mcguiness rocks! I saw him in hawaii and totally freaked out lol. i think hes just as important.

id have to say the picture of edges backside (yeah i know lame) facing me looking at my poster but ik that he was smiling/winking at me at that moment so it is special.

I'd say, it's gotta be the first U2 book I ever bought called "Touch The Flame" !! :up:

Actually, it's a great read, there's alot of interview info.
It was very knowledgable as U2 were just embarking on their successful road to the top.

Back
Top Bottom