Your most prized u2 possesion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:heart:
IM001182.jpg

my vinyl collection including signed joshua tree, coloured u2:3 and a day without me ep's....

my tshirt collection

atomic clock and pop snow globe

my dvd boot collection :drool:

Val said:

You shouldn't feel that way. That is one of the coolest items I have ever heard being signed by them, and Paul McGuniness is deserving of being included. You know, the band members love and respect him, and he is right up with the best of them now as a Dubliner.

I'd love to see a pic!

I don't have one of that event but here's one of Mr MacGoo me and Eliv8. :)

Mr McGuiness is indeed a nice fellow.
DAVEKEVMRMCGUINESS.jpg

My copy of UF on vinyl that my friend gave me. As the movers finished loading up the truck, she came over to say goodbye and gave that to me.

My photo with Bono in 1993 (Fly Bono :drool: )

My photos of Windmill Lane, both the lane and inside the studio, and the Dockers Pub in 1990 (ie before they got pulled down/renovated/repainted).

Bonochick said:
My copy of UF on vinyl that my friend gave me. As the movers finished loading up the truck, she came over to say goodbye and gave that to me.

that's sweet!

A giant HTDAAB display that my brother (who was a manager at Tower before they closed down) gave to me. It takes up a whole wall in my room. :drool:

(I also have a big Joshua Tree store display too, but it's too big to put out anywhere in my small house)

Just my plain old, normal All That You Can't Leave Behind CD. It's the album that really got me into U2 and music in general, and my 2nd CD ever bought (How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb being the first)

hmmm...I dunno....probably my moms collection of really old U2 vinyls, lot of old singles, Three is in it I think too :) also, my CD's, I have a lot more, but....War, Joshua Tree, And Acthung, The Holy Trinity :wink:

:hmm: Maybe my pic of Bono with Maddy last September. Or perhaps her getting pulled up onstage in Hawaii with the whole U2 world watching/listening. And that includes a certain someone (Daryl) who let her stand where she did for that show, which led to her stage appearance. His kindness still brings tears to my eyes
tearsofjoy.gif

My DG shades (the ones Bono wears on the cover of Spin Dec. 2004)
My wristbands from inside the Elipse
and my Vetrigo tour poster from Cleveland (it says Gund Arena---but its a typo---by then the Gund was changed to the "Q")

AND--my photos of Vertigo Air touching down at Burke Lakefront Airport!!!

I know this may sound kind of absurd, but it's not any kind of physical thing that I own, but their music in general that is my most prized possesion.

I would have to say there are about three things that I am really glad I have, in no certain order.

1. My 12-inch single copy of "The Fly" that I purchased in Stratford-On-Avon when I was visiting some friends of mine in England. It had just been released as the first single off of AB and I bought it about a month before the album was released. Had to make sure I got the record back to the States without breaking it somehow.

2. My near-mint copy of "A Celebration" single I found online. I don't care what Bono and the boys say, it is a great song with a CLASSIC early U2 vibe. One of my all-time favorites.

3. My VHS copy of Under a Blood Red Sky. I got it back in 84 or 85 and seemed to watch it endlessly. I felt sorry for my friends who would come over to hang out with me, because invariably I would say, "Hey, let's watch my U2 concert video!" I probably drove them crazy because of that. I still watch it every now and then, and to this day it never fails to get my blood going.

I got the rattle and hum movie book from a friend, that meant a lot to me... he got that book for his 18th birthday, and gave it to me for mine and for my graduation... :love:

and it's in a surprisingly good condition!

diamond said:

Yes, at Bono's urging.

dbs

I was at this concert and Diamond kept stepping on me in the heart (ya rat bast*rd! :sexywink: ).

People thought it was planned, but I can assure you, it was not! Poor Diamond was tackled hard before by security before he got on stage to lift Bono.

As for my favorite U2 item... hmm... :hmm: This is tough because as a collector, I have so many things that mean a lot to me. However, I think my favorite is a very personal item - a photo of the Edge and me by Edge's hotel after a Chicago PopMart concert. :) Edge aqlso signed the "Pop" CD booklet for me (drawing glasses over his face). These two are probably my most favorite U2 items. But I do have quite a few other items I really enjoy having. :yes:

doctorwho said:

I was at this concert and Diamond kept stepping on me in the heart (ya rat bast*rd! :sexywink: ).

Poor Diamond was tackled hard by security before he got on stage to lift Bono.

Good times.
:hug:

doctorwho said:

People thought it was planned, but I can assure you, it was not! Poor Diamond was tackled hard before by security before he got on stage to lift Bono.

As for my favorite U2 item... hmm... :hmm: This is tough because as a collector, I have so many things that mean a lot to me. However, I think my favorite is a very personal item - a photo of the Edge and me by Edge's hotel after a Chicago PopMart concert. :) Edge aqlso signed the "Pop" CD booklet for me (drawing glasses over his face). These two are probably my most favorite U2 items. But I do have quite a few other items I really enjoy having. :yes:

Edge drew glasses! I want to seeeeeeeeee

JCOSTER said:

Diamond, I had no idea, you dog you!!! So tell me how did he feel? Did he feel good!!! :lol:

It was a ill advised move that was done impulsively.

Immediately after leaping onto the catwalk before I even landed, I had my regrets-like "I shouldn't be doing this" and "what have you got myself into"?

My heart was pounding, and I knew only one fellow in the arena could save me.

I didn't realize how how quickly things would spiral out of control in an adversarial way.

Incredibly Bono took over a situation that resembled a train wreck and steered the situation into one of jubilation, triumph and joy.

In his presence he was quick witted and friendly, mastering this precarious situation into something memorable.

His clothes were very supple and soft (deer skin leather) and he was extriodinarily light.

I don't know if it was my adrenaline, extra supernatural help-so that I wouldn't drop him, but his body weight seemed very light, like I had kid in my arms.

One of the last things he spoke to me in all earnesty was a line from the song Walk On,(that was being performed) and he looked at me intently and said:
""Be safe tonight"

What I took from the whole event years later is a lesson in charity.

Wherever you find somebody that needs a hand up, emotionally, financially or that is in a bad way- you help them the best way you can-in that moment.

Charity, that is the most important work we can do on earth, whether it's your time that you give, your talent that you give, or your compassion that you give-Charity is the most important gift God gave all of us to use.

dbs

Back
Top Bottom