Your least favorite track on The Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macfistowannabe

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I might get raided for this like there's no tomarrow, but here's mine...

Running To Stand Still

Even though with or without you is or was overplayed , it really is a brilliant song, it is pieced together perfectly. The overdubbs of guitar are just excellent, It really is a great song even though it may get overplayed, its just a brilliant song!

No weak tracks overall, but the skip track for me is usually RTSS. At least I think the studio version could've been better. Although I think it's amazing on the Joshua Tree tour and Zoo-TV. I'm not as excited as I should be I guess, that they brought it back. It's lyrically brilliant, but I don't care as much for the musical arrangement, especially on the album.

I love it, but Exit. Is it just me or is the begining of Exit REALLY the end of One Tree Hill (which is awesome!) ????? WHY?

I love Exit, but the live version is much better. I think the studio version could do without the sound effects.

Macfistowannabe said:
I love Exit, but the live version is much better. I think the studio version could do without the sound effects.

JT is my favourite U2 album, but I don't think Exit is quite up to the rest of the tracks. I haven't heard a live version to be honest - must try and get my hands on a copy.

exit is probably my favourite song on JT. the rattle and hum live version is one of my absolute favourites.

least favourite: i still haven't found what i'm looking for, mostly because it's been heinously overplayed.

Estel_Black said:
I love it, but Exit. Is it just me or is the begining of Exit REALLY the end of One Tree Hill (which is awesome!) ????? WHY?

That's meant to be the end of One Tree Hill and is pressed properly on some copies, but it seems most people have the mis-pressed version with the "oh great ocean" verse at the start of Exit.

My least favourite track is ... hmm ... Trip Through Your Wires, I guess. I agree with the sentiment that there's no weak tracks.

macphisto23 said:
Even though with or without you is or was overplayed , it really is a brilliant song, it is pieced together perfectly. The overdubbs of guitar are just excellent, It really is a great song even though it may get overplayed, its just a brilliant song!

:up:

No weak tracks on this album. But I sometimes skip I Still Haven't Found and Trip.

Bullet the Blue Sky, i always skip the album version, but i love it when its played live!!

Still Haven't Found is skippable because while it is beautiful, it is also very simple and repetitive, so that beauty fades much more easily than other songs. I skip IGC because.. well I don't know why. I like the song. But I have to be in the mood for it.

I also skip Trip because it is utter crap, in relation.

Never been a fan of ISHFWILF. Never. Can't really explain why, though my indifference became real dislike post-Rattle and Hum.

Exit, Streets, In God's Country, With or Without You, Bullet, One Tree Hill. Ridiculously great album.

There, assuaged the guilt.

KhanadaRhodes said:
oh btw i just realized...i kinda moved this to eykiw. :wink:
Well that makes history. I believe this is the first thread of mine that's ever been moved. :ohmy:

financeguy said:
JT is my favourite U2 album, but I don't think Exit is quite up to the rest of the tracks. I haven't heard a live version to be honest - must try and get my hands on a copy.
There's an excellent performance of it on Rattle and Hum. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom