Your LEAST fave u2 album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
October. The only really good song is the title-track.

A shame the original notes for the album were stolen. Could have been a good album.

Rattle and Hum, a mess of an album, and it has Love Rescue Me and God Part II which are U2 at their worst

intedomine said:
Rattle and Hum, a mess of an album, and it has Love Rescue Me and God Part II which are U2 at their worst
Almost correct..... other than writing God Part II instead of WLCTT :wink:

October....not that it's *bad*, but it just doesn't stack up. I can't remember the last time (pr any time) I've listened to the album start to finish...

October is one of the few albums I DO listen to start to finish! Fire being the least favorite, but still it's an album I don't skip any songs.
You guys are crazy. :wink:

bonocomet said:
October is one of the few albums I DO listen to start to finish! Fire being the least favorite, but still it's an album I don't skip any songs.
You guys are crazy. :wink:

QFT... every word!

:wink:

October....Gloria, Rejoice and October are great. Brick is amazing live, but it's boring as an album track. Tomorrow is a good song also. But the other songs are weak I would say.

Both Rattle & Hum and Pop got played once, and now both have never seen the light of day again since. Shockingly bad records, the both of them :yes:

But then I love HTDAB and ATYCLB :wink:

Do the "Best of" albums count? I go with October too..not that I dislike all of it; it just seems like the "sophomore slump" album that it is.

I too love HTDAB and ATYCLB.... I bet plenty of you would have answered POP if it were only a couple years removed from the release of that album too. I can't put my finger on it entirely but I think there is a tendancy for a lot of people to never like the "new stuff"...like it is not cool enough or something. 10 Years from now, same question, you will get "ATYCLB" answers.

Great topic.

For me, it's Pop, for pretty much the same well documented reasons the band doesn't like it. Awesome ideas that didn't quite make awesome songs. I love the artwork, and I loved the tour, so I have mixed feelings. I want to love it, and I find it very compelling because it is such an interesting failure. And it's the only U2 album with a song I can say I out-and-out "hate". There are songs I don't care for here and there, but I can only say I hate "The Playboy Mansion". An "IGWSHA" is very close to that territory as well. The single mix of that song is a huge improvement. And it has a great video, to be fair.

October is very uneven, but I can forgive it because a.) they were so young, and b.) the recording was so rushed and Island was about to drop them. It's amazing it isn't a complete disaster as opposed to the partial one that it is.

ATYCLB is amazing until after "In A Little While", when the second half just goes straight downhill. Sometimes I think of it as a near perfect EP, with 5 throwaway bonus tracks/b-sides finishing the album.

Clearly "All That You Can't Leave Behind" – just because of the flat, too radio friendly production. Live some of its tunes really took off, but I can't bare listening to them studio. It is not a "comeback", but a "step back" from the really masterful "POP".
A well too over estimated record round here ...

ZOOTVTOURist said:
Clearly "All That You Can't Leave Behind" – just because of the flat, too radio friendly production. Live some of its tunes really took off, but I can't bare listening to them studio. It is not a "comeback", but a "step back" from the really masterful "POP".
A well too over estimated record round here ...

I think you're talking about HTDAAB :scratch:

I'd have to say HTDAAB. I didn't like ATYCLB when it first came out, but over time it grew on me somewhat. However, I liked HTDAAB less and less each time I tried listening to it.

Rattle and Hum

U2 really started to get pretentious in this phase. Love Rescue Me is awful, When Love Comes To Town is not much better and the live/studio bland mostly doesn't work for me.

All That You Can't Leave Behind is a close second.

October. It's not a bad album, but if I have to put one at the bottom of the ranks, that's the one.

Back
Top Bottom