your favourite snippet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. V

Refugee
so i was watching U2 Live from Gay Paree just a little earlier and i fell in love with With or Without You/Love Will Tear Us Apart.

whats your favourite?

I like a lot of the ones in WOWY but my favourite snippets have mostly been the ones included in Bad:

Ruby Tuesday
Sympathy For The Devil
Norwegian Wood
You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
Candle In The Wind
Walk On The Wild Side
Power To The People

All fantastic.

But I did like some of the Vertigo snippets last tour also.

Resolution And Independence during the intro of Streets on 26 December 1989 is absolutely magic.

Axver said:
Resolution And Independence during the intro of Streets on 26 December 1989 is absolutely magic.

One of my faves too, also like the 'On the Road' reading from the 30th. (Great paragraph! :drool: )

I sometimes wish they'd have actually done Burrough's Thanksgiving Prayer in the intro to streets, like the Fox TV special. Maybe that's just my fascination with the Beats! Although I know a few American's who hate Burrough's & Ginsberg... esp. that poem...

I dunno if it's classed as a snippet but I love the versions of Myserious Ways from ZooTV with the falsetto singing at the end.

But, my all time fave is September 1913 in Love Is Blindness, esp. Earl's Court and B'ham NEC in May/June 92.

Oh, and Gloria in Exit, was great!

Last edited:
Shine like stars in WOWY/Hear us coming... in One. Unlike most snippets they are Bono originals.

Pretty much anything used in Bad.

I liked Stories for boys in Vertigo, IALW in I still haven't found... and snippets in Electric co on the last tour.

Sgt Pepper's/Blackbird & Also In The Presence of the Lord - Beautiful Day

My Sweet Lord - Mysterious Ways

She Loves You - Vertigo

Electric Co/Break On Through To The Other Side,

It was best on JT and its captured fortunately on the Paris DVD, but the Rotterdam 87 version is outstanding and better IMO. Bono did it a few times on Vertigo also and it was pretty cool there as well.

I really love listening to In the Presence of the Lord tagged to Beautiful Day. Feels like church and I love it.
Bad is always a treat for the many snippets that have been done and I think Live Aid Bad is perhaps the greatest of all when it comes to snippets. What a friggin' moment!
Mysterious Ways and Sexual Healing always seemed to me a perfect fit (Irving Plaza).
Even hearing the band snippet themselves can produce some great moments. Still Haven't Found ending with an In A Little While snippets is a great idea.

I always thought that Like A Hurricane on All Along The Watchtower ( one of the Dublin `89 shows ) was pretty cool.

Also a bit of Walk To The Water on Zoo-TV (Kiel?) 06-13-92 was very cool.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. Didn`t Bono also add a snippet of All Along The Watchtower during LIB at Copenhagen `93?

Wake Up Dead Man - Slane Castle

I realize this is one of their own songs, but I like how its a small snippet version.

Last edited:
Two ones I would like to add were on Discotheque:

- The Relax snippet on the Discotheque from Toronto on the Vertigo tour is amazing

- What is the name of that snippet on the PopMart Disco' says "slave to sugar, slave to sweetness, slave to incompleteness"?

Beautiful Day - The Goal is Soul / Sgt Peppers
Bad - All I Want is You / The First Time / People Got the Power / When I Look At The World
One - Hear us coming lord coda
WOWY - Shine like stars coda / love will tear us apart
Mysterious Ways - falsetto coda

The Disciple said:
^
How could I 4get how Bono added 7 billion snippets, many of them PERFECTLY, 2 Discotheque?!

Black Betty, Take your partner by the hand, Whole Lotta Love...
:drool:

Lovetown was the best for snippetry, IMHO.

Amazing Grace in the middle of Love Rescue Me
In the Midnight Hour at the end of Love Comes to Town
Suspicious Minds in Angel of Harlem
Sexual Healing in All I Want is You
Exodus in Still Haven't Found
Dirty Old Town in Running to Stand Still
Bad with the various snippets...
Auld Lang Syne at the start of Streets
Love Will Tear Us at the end of With

Aside from those, the "Relax" bit in Discotheque also rocks our collective faces off.

DevilsShoes said:
. . . but my favourite snippets have mostly been the ones included in Bad . . .

:yes: :up:

I'm not 100% on my snippetry, but I think these are both in "Bad":

My 2 favorites from Bad are "Fool To Cry" and "People Got The Power". Just amazing.

I also really love when he snippets "Never Tear Us Apart", but I'm not sure what song he does that in.

And of course, "Shine like stars" from Rattle & Hum WOWY :drool: . . . . . I just break out in CHILLS almost every time! :drool:

FitzChivalry said:
I also really love when he snippets "Never Tear Us Apart", but I'm not sure what song he does that in.

Usually WOWY. If memory serves me correctly, it was in Gone the first show after Hutchence died.

Back
Top Bottom