Your favourite show closers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LCK

Acrobat
For me it will always be '40', though the Walk On/ One medley is amazing in its own right. Several times the band has closed with a cover (ie Can't Help Falling In Love/ Unchained Melody). One of the loveliest is the one that closed the last show on Elevation- Walk On/ My Sweet Lord (Paddy if you're reading this its on one of the cd's I'm sending you).

I have a soft spot for 40 mainly because from 7th-9th grade I wore out my under a blood red cassette and then when i saw the zoo tv tour people were singing it in the parking lot.

40 because it sounds so lovely at the end of the Red Rocks concert. Especially how they all finish and reprise the chorus again with Larry just drumming away.

Love is Blindness would be one of mine, but has it actually closed a show? I thought they played it most times before the final song? Ah well.

One of the loveliest is the one that closed the last show on Elevation- Walk On/ My Sweet Lord

*Cannot contain himself.* My Sweet Lord is a champion song! Sounds like a cool medley!

LIB hasn't closed a show!

I dunno, but 40 is not exactly my cup of tea

Walk On and Unchained Melody are great.

But i have to go with Can't Help Falling in Love With You

In Sydney there was a small song after Love Is Blindness that closed the show (Can't Help Falling In Love With You), but it actually closed the set in many earlier tour dates of ZooTV.

Love Is Blindness was the last song of the setlist during the first and second legs of ZooTV ( indoor legs USA & Europe ).

Can't Help was added during the Outside Broadcast Leg.

Vox!!

There's no competition at all. 40 is THE U2 closing song and that's that.

I just got a copy of the 2 May 1985 performance from Bologna, and the performance of 40 in that is just incredible.

For all intents and purposes, if you want to call Love is Blindness the closer, go ahead.. I'm pretty sure in fact that it was the closer many times on the ZooTV tour.. And that's what gets my vote.. One of the many U2 songs that sounds much more incredible live than on the album, but I'll go one step further and say it is one of my top 5 songs ever that sounds better performed live.

I was just listening to my Wembley Nights Bootleg last night and thinking the same thing.. Which if you're interested.. I purchased all 8 discs of Wembley Nights for $15.00.. Again.. for those of you who care and crusade against that stuff.

What other song can carry the concert into the parking lot and through the ride home better than 40????? No question.

I have to go with 40 too. But I thought "One" during Popmart was very nice. Especially the video art played during the song. :heart:

Again I say it, 40 is THE closing song. It's the best show closer ever and that's that.

absolutely LOVE IS BLINDNESS

ACROBAT would be a stunning closer setting an exceptional mark...guitar, bass and drums culminating at the very end of the show:applaud:

Back
Top Bottom