Your favourite lyric of the last two albums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.........................

I've noticed that many have started disliking this song...................I don't, and the lyrics are really heartbreaking...............

In a little while, I won't be blown by every breeze

Friday night running, to Sunday on my knees.

I like all of Peace on Earth, I think that the emotion put into each and every word of the song is heartbreaking and touching. Towards the end of the song when Bono says "Peace on Earth" right after he says "Whose sons are living in the ground" is amazing, just the pure, almost contempt for those words, like he hates them, but loves them at the same time...anyway, I think that the entire song is great storytelling, vivid, and touching.

City of Blinding Lights

"The more you see the less you know, the less you find out as you go"

Also, Miracle Drug

"Freedom has a scent, like the top of a newborn baby's head"

Forgot to add: a full lyric, not just a few lines.

:yes: onebloodonelife - that's my favourite on ATYCLB.

U2girl said:
Forgot to add: a full lyric, not just a few lines.

Ok well based on a song I would agree One Step Closer is great, Beautiful Day, COBL, Miracle Drug, When I look at the World

I can't possibly pick one

thank you, mostly all of KITE.

"I'm not afraid to die, i'm not afraid to live.
and when I'm flat on my back, I hope to feel like I did."

cjboog said:

Maybe i am just retarted, but I still don't get it :scratch: :scratch:

She was talking to onebloodonelife, it's a user here!I misunderstood, I thought she was saying onebloodonelife was a lyric in All That You Can't Leave Behind! She was referring to Peace On earth

:wink:

"When she walks on the street
you can hear the strings" - Grace

not the best song, but I like that line. Sounds like it's been around forever. Then again, Bono might've snagged it from somewhere.

"Time won't leave me as I am.
But time won't take the boy out of this man."

That's my favorite line. City of Blinding Lights has some awesome lyrics.

I have to agree with City of Blinding Lights I get chills listening to that song... It has amazing uplifting lyrics.

Honorable mention to Kite:heart:

i forgot Electrical Storm:

"The sea it swells like a sore head
and the night it is aching
Two lovers lie with no sheets on their bed
and the day it is breaking"

paints a beautiful picture

Although I feel the lyrics of the last 2 albums have really taken a turn for the worse, I do have a few lines that I like.

- "you're on the road, but you've got no destination, you're in the mud, In the maze of her imagination"

- "What you don't have you don't need it now
What you don't know you can feel it somehow
What you don't have you don't need it now
Don't need it now"

- "saw you in the curve of the moon, with your shadow cast across my room, you heard me in my tune, when I just heard confusion"

- "I got no home in this world,
just gravity, luck and time.
I’ve got no hope in this world,
Just you, and you are not mine.
Stateless
There are no colours in your eyes.
There’s no sunshine in your sky.
There’s no race, only the prize.
There is no tomorrow, only tonight. "

- "Take these hands, teach them what to carry, take these hands, don't make a fist, take this mouth, so qhick to criticize, take this maouth, give it a kiss"

- "Who's to say where the wind will take you, Who's to say what it is will break you, I don't know, which way the wind will blow, Who's to know when the time has come around, Don't want to see you cry, I know that this is not goodbye

- "In summer I can taste the salt of the sea, There's a kite blowing out of control on a breeze, I wonder what's gonna happen to you, You wonder what has happened to me"

That's all I have time to think of right now. Although these are good lyrics, the problem with the 00's material is that there are about 4 or 5 bad lyrics for each one of these.

Last edited:
While the complexity and originality of the lyrics isnt that great, Kite is one of the most moving u2 songs i have ever heard. The ease of the words rolls so closely to real dialog, making it really powerfull and heartbreaking...

"Who's to know when the time will come around?"

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :drool:

Too tough! I agree with When I Look At The World, COBL, OOTS, etc. -- so many songs with great lyrics. And Love and Peace Or Else has some incredible lines.

"As you enter this life
I pray you depart
With a wrinkled face
And a brand new heart"

Amazing.

But I'll pick Beautiful Day because it's one of the most enthusiastic, inspirational songs I have heard and it really moves me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom