Your Favorite Song????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even though I've followed U2 since I was a young teenager in 1983, I have to go with Mofo as my personal favorite. Just an amazing song all around. Arguably Bono's best lyrics and the guitar work is phenomenal, simple but phenomenal.

Ask me this quesion in five years though and I'll probably be flipping a coin between Beautiful Day and Vertigo. Here in 2006 though, I don't think enough time has gone by to compare those to the rest of the U2 music catalog.

My all time favorite is Where the Streets Have No Name...always has been and always will be. Just a simply outstanding song...hearing it done live gives me chills.

City of Blinding Lights is the song my boyfriend and I share as being very special between us. I think it's so brilliant and epitomizes what U2 means to me.

One also epitomizes U2 to me. The lyrics and the simplicity of it seem to embody all that I get as a fan from U2. It's gorgeous.

Streets

closely followed by The Fly, HMTMKMKM, Elevation, UTEOTW, Zoo Station and Bullet

I recently rediscovered If you wear that velvet dress. Pure art...

Last edited:
my current favorite changes all the time, but when all else fails no matter how sick of U2 I get or no matter how many times I've listened to it

My all-time favorite song always has and alwayswill be

The Unforgettable Fire

thefly418 said:
With Or Without You

I would totally agree, especially when it is done with the stars at night verse. I love the power the multiple messages that people get out of it. Currently I think about a particular friend whenever I hear it. But Beautiful Day and COBL are close 2nd or third

There is a thread (it may be buried a few pages back) that I started on top 5 U2 songs of the moment. If anyone's interested.

bono_212 said:
my current favorite changes all the time, but when all else fails no matter how sick of U2 I get or no matter how many times I've listened to it

My all-time favorite song always has and alwayswill be

The Unforgettable Fire

Great choice. I named The Fly as my favorite, but it was a tough call between that and The Unforgettable Fire (yeah, I know, very different styles, but still).

God that is a toughy, but i cant go past Beautiful day. damn thats the hardest question since the poll on u2mp3s.com about what my faveorite track on achtung is!.

Back
Top Bottom