Your Favorite Edge Sayings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macfistowannabe

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Here's a few for starters...

"There's Monday love, Tuesday love, Wednesday love, Thursday love, Friday love and then there's Saturday love."
(The guys was asked what love is all about)

"We were Bono and The Edge in private life, before we were Bono and The Edge in public life"
(Asked if they call each other the nick names in private life)

"It was written"
(Asked why "With Or Without You" was the first single to be released from The Joshua Tree)

Interviewer: "Are you a virgin?"
Edge: "Of course I am"
Interviewer: "How come you have kids ?"
Edge: "????"

Edge: "I didn't feel like we have peeked necessarily"
Eno: "Do you want to go out there and peek then?"
(Working on Pride)

"If we can get this played, then we can get anything played."
(All I Want Is You video)

"Oh, I hate to see cows playing tag. Makes you think the hamburger you're eating may have been playing kiss-and-run the day before."

EDGE: I just want to be respected for who I am.
WOMAN: And who are you, Dave Evans?
EDGE: A Big Rich Famous Rock Star!

He was at a McDonald's drive-thru and he said to the microphone: "Yeah, I'll have fries with that".

I love the Edge.

"At first we thought it was silly wearing sunglasses indoors, but then we realised, its not whether or not your wearing sunglasses but what sort of sunglasses your wearing"

Lol, did my best to remember the quote
:wink:

This is from a US radio interview from 1987, I have it on a bootleg:-

"We're gonna be a country and western group called the Dalton Brothers and we're gonna get in to country for a few years, give up the rock and roll. See, I was told by a wise old man that there's no money in rock and country is where the real money is."

(Said totally deadpan of course, without a hint that he's joking)

Aardvark did you get it on a bootleg called "Sweet Virgina" by any chance? It's a collection of live versions mainly of covers they've done of other people's songs.

more of a quote on Edge but funny
"There we were in the studio, Edge doing his stuff and us going 'But it sounds so Edge-like.' But of course it does! That's what he does!"
--Larry on All That You Can't Leave Behind

I have tons...

"I think at this point we've accepted that if you wear something it's a statement so might as well make it an interesting statement."

"Nice shirt!"
"Oh yeah, it's an oldie but a goodie."
-- Edge wears a UF shirt on MusiquePlus

"One of the things I suppose our music has always had is the ability to reach the back of the venue and draw people in."

"My brother is a bit of an electronics genius and he got the plans to make a guitar from an electronics magazine. It looked great but it didn't really work."
-- Edge on building one of his first guitars

"I think it would make a very good cocktail bar myself."
-- Edge on the lemon

"Of course we have messages throughout the whole show saying, 'Buy More T-Shirts.'"
-- Edge on secret messages in ZooTV

"I thought I was pretty hot. It was scary, actually. Certainly I got completely into the role and a whole other side of myself started to come through."
-- Edge on dressing in drag for the "One" video

In the Flanagan bible it said that early in their career, the band was invited to a cookout. So, Edge asked, "Will there be burnouts at the cookout?"

I work at a library, and whenever someone checks out the movie "The Cookout," a voice in my head says "Will there be burnouts at the cookout?"

Silly, silly Edge!!! :edge:

on the Simpsons: "No, wankers"

or was that adam? i only have the audio from the 90s history mix

RademR said:
"Oh, I hate to see cows playing tag. Makes you think the hamburger you're eating may have been playing kiss-and-run the day before."

EDGE: I just want to be respected for who I am.
WOMAN: And who are you, Dave Evans?
EDGE: A Big Rich Famous Rock Star!

i love the last one!!!

LemonMacPhisto said:
on the Simpsons: "No, wankers"

or was that adam? i only have the audio from the 90s history mix

Edge says "No". And Adam says "Wankers." Edge wanted to go off to Moe's for a pint but he didn't want Adam to go with him and the rest of the band. :lmao:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I can't quote it word for word, but the entire owl thing between him and Bono was hilarious. Back in high school that was quoted often among my friends.

The owl thing is beyond funny. Very strange, but very funny!

ShellBeThere said:
what's the owl thing?!
can someone elaborate for a poor ignorant one such as me?

cheers!

It's from the videotape, Achtung Baby: the Videos, Cameos and a Whole Lot of Interference. The band is doing a radio interview, and Edge starts talking about a radio program on the World Service he was listening to, that was talking about owls and their diet. He mention "the furry vole". Bono is taken aback and demands to know more. Edge elaborates some and then says, "Now you'd never get that on the BBC" or something like that.

Edited to add: It's been a long time since I've watched this. I'm sure someone can correct me on the details. :wink:
It loses something in the translation. But trust me, it's very funny to watch. :)

Last edited:
miss becky said:

It's from the videotape, Achtung Baby: the Videos, Cameos and a Whole Lot of Interference. The band is doing a radio interview, and Edge starts talking about a radio program on the World Service he was listening to, that was talking about owls and their diet. He mention "the furry vole". Bono is taken aback and demands to know more. Edge elaborates some and then says, "Now you'd never get that on the BBC" or something like that.

Edited to add: It's been a long time since I've watched this. I'm sure someone can correct me on the details. :wink:
It loses something in the translation. But trust me, it's very funny to watch. :)

Then the video cuts away to a shot of Edge in the woods where an owl can be heard in the background and he says "Wow...that's the barred owl."

:D

When U2 were on the Tom Snyder show way back when, Snyder asked Edge why people call him the Edge. I can't remember the exact quote, but he said something like his real name was Johnny Carson but he thought that wouldn't fly on TV. :lol:

Another few good ones:

"It's a real drag if you don't like yourself, 'cos you do spend a lot of time with yourself."

"I think some of the most exciting pieces of TV are the commercials."

"I have a terrible habit of finding really unimportant, trivial, manual things to do. I'll go mow the lawn, or find some piece of furniture that needs varnishing, or...paint the cat."

"Phew, the roof for the house in the west of Ireland is looking good. I'll be able to change the car this year after all!"-Edge after they finished recording the song "One"

Greetz

Back
Top Bottom