Your fave part of the Boston DVD now is...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
??? After 4 months, as it came out here only in last December, my fave performance is a song from Pop...THE song from Pop...which is

GONE

What a damn good performance! Amazing. Can?t have enough of it. If I could I would spend a few hours daily watching it several times in a row, LOL. But I can?t. Oh well, I can always listen to the last track of my Walk On australian single instead.
smile.gif

What about you? What is your fave performance from the DVD after 4, 5, maybe 6(?) months?

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

No question it's WOWY. Bono looks so sexy lying on that ramp in those closeups.

------------------
"I DO go on, don't I?"-Bono, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001

I wil follow. I've fallen in love with this song on the Elevation tour and the expression in his eyes and face on the "your eyes" and Paradise...a club called paradise is classic..I just love the energy of that performance.

I'd probably go with "Gone" complete with magic morphing guitar, and Edge's smashing finish.
Either that or "The Fly"

------------------
The joker is the best card.

The Fly (love the Elevation version. "light and motion... light and motion...") or Bad into Streets (what directing! what a moment!)

------------------
I dig my toes into the sand. The ocean looks like a 1,000 diamonds strewn across a blue plain. I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless. And in this moment I am happy... happy.

Love,
Emily

I wish you were here.

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers

The best part is when he sings until the end of the world. When bono is singing to some girls and they worship him like he's a god. Damn how I wish I was him at that moment.

It's amazing he still with Ali after so many years of temptation. Good for him!

LOVE those 3 seconds during "Desire" when Bono resorts back to his dancing moves of the 80's.

LOVE the ending of "Bullet", the change of lyrics, gives me chills everytime.

LOVE everyting you guys mentioned too!
biggrin.gif

**As an aside--> anyone else pissed they rolled the credits up over the end "Walk On"??? Admittedly I only watched the DVD in it's entirety a couple weeks ago and was shocked to see that.

Bad into Streets is an orgasmic sight to behold. That shot/moment was pure magic.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

Yeah, the Bad/Streets transition is magical; the truly "religious" moment of the concert.

My favorite moment of the CD is Hamish going through the roof at the beginning of Streets.

Another favorite would be Hamish and the assistant director's reaction to the girl overcome with emotion during With or Without You. They're both like "OHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

As for the musical performances, Gone is fantastic. I am sooooo glad they played that song full band in Boston.

Originally posted by Achtung Zooropa:
Bad into Streets is an orgasmic sight to behold. That shot/moment was pure magic.

Agreed. Hamish did an incredible job of directing this film. And yes, I feel I can honestly call it a film.

Originally posted by Achtung Zooropa:

having been there, i can confirm that this statement is true. knock my socks off indeed! best Bad/Streets I ever heard at a show.

------------------
She never really belonged to me

U2 Take Me Higher

You guys pointed out some fine moments, no doubt, all of them. But I still think that Gone in the DVD is perfect, I love everything in it, the heavy sound, the lights (you know, each one with a different colour), I love the way they throw themselves into that performance, I get breathless.

And you know what? It might sound weird, but as I?m getting older I find myself more and more connected to their heaviest performances, like Gone and Bullet and The Fly, from the DVD, or Dirty Day and Until the End of the World from the Sydney video.

Even my old Led Zepellin vinyls have found their way out of darkness...and they have been played again. A lot.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 04-04-2002).]

Beautiful Day and Bad into streets

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

conversation between me and my friend Craig at Boston 2 right after Gone:

Craig: what the fuck was THAT?!?
Me: Gone, it's from Pop, doesn't it kick
ass?
Craig: oh my God. That blew my mind.

A testament to the power of U2 lettin' it all hang out!

I have two favourite parts:
1. The intro to Streets - simply awesome.
2. Walk On - especially the "Hallelujah" part.

The nice thing is every time you watch it you can discover something a bit different.

The FLY for the fact that it Fucking rocks, and the dvd dosen't even begin to give it justice if you caught it live at the show! The Edge's solo takes on a whole new decibel in person!!!!

When Bono gets airborne and finally comes off of the main stage to the heart-ramp in BD, and the band rocks with a sound to match his liftoff!

When 'they take the stage and crank into 'elevation', that reminds me how I felt when they walked out.

Bono's singing when 'stuck' begins, awesome voice

SBS, because it is SBS
smile.gif

I loved In A Little While, especially the ending. Lots of emotion.

Back
Top Bottom