Your dream for next year's tour schedule.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Anywhere you'd like to see U2 play on the next tour? Maybe an alternate venue? Or how about some stadiums in there as well? I'd like to see them 3-4 times. I think after that, it'd become boring to me. By my last Elevation show, I grew tired of it...actually. It was in Notre Dame, and I just had a bad day.

My wish list:

1.I hope they open the tour in Florida again. My friends and I are already kind of planning a road trip to go. I'll do whatever it takes to be there, front and center. If not florida, somewhere within reasonable driving distance of Ohio.

2.Columbus, Nationwide Arena- awesome place for a concert, hope they come back. Saw them there last time and it was the best concert I've ever seen.

3.Cleveland, Gund Arena- I love this venue. Even though most of Cleveland is a shit hole, I absolutely LOVE this area. Saw the Stones there 4 years ago, and it was just a great experience. Didn't see U2 there, though. Saw Lexington, Columbus and Indy all in that week. Financing wouldn't allow a 4th concert in a week! Plus, right down the road from Hard Rock Cafe....U2 party at the Hard Rock!!

4.In a stadium somewhere. Chicago, maybe? Even better a stadium gig in Ohio. Cincinnati has a new stadium that doesn't get used much, cause no one goes to Bengals games. Cleveland also has a new stadium. Columbus has the Ohio Stadium, which is just too damn big. U2 didn't sell it out by a long shot on Popmart. (Still 45,000 people at that gig! But that place holds like 70,000). I'd love to see U2 in a stadium.

5.SLANE FUCKING CASTLE! Or at least somewhere in Ireland.

I don't care if they play stadiums or arenas. I WANT THEM TO COME TO SOUTHAMERICA, I WANT THEM TO COM TO CHILE!!!!!!!
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :wink:

pepokiss said:
I don't care if they play stadiums or arenas. I WANT THEM TO COME TO SOUTHAMERICA, I WANT THEM TO COM TO CHILE!!!!!!!

Yeah. That sucks you guys didn't get them on Elevation. Well, they do one gig there for Elevation....on a TV show with 4 songs!! That's really shitty. I mean, they got a great reception there on Popmart, from what I understand. All the shows sold out, which is more than they could say for the U.S. I hope you guys get a tour down there. But the band doesn't schedule their tours, and the big businessmen who do don't think that your country has a strong enough dollar to make it worth playing there. Well, I'm in a band, and if we ever get really popular, like U2 status, we'll tour down there for ya! Even if we just do the festival circuit.

I hope that U2 comes to Chile in the 2004 tour. Did you see them last time? Good luck seeing them again.

Acrobat

pepokiss said:

We people in the States here should consider ourselves very fortunate to see U2 tour here as many times as they have. :yes:

HALIFAX!!! :D:D:D

But if not Hali (which is unlikely considering the largest venue we have is an outdoor stage (with no seats, but 30,000 came for the Tragically Hip - Including me :D) they build on the side of Citadel Hill. But it would absolutely have to be during the summer, cause otherwise the hill would be covered in snow. I'm sure they could probably get at least 50,000 there for a huge concert like U2, but there's such a small timeframe for the concert (summer only) that it would be unlikely. Plus the fact that it's open-air with no seats whatsoever...so it looks like I'll have to settle with going to Montreal.

But if they did come here I would shit my pants!!! :hyper: :drool:

I dont mean to brag, but right now Chile is maybe the most powerfull country in southamerica, with Argentina and Brazil with a lot of problems, especially Arg. That could cause a bit of a problem for them to come here, but faith is the last thing you lose, so....
I hope they play stadiums, at least here, because the biggest arena is for 5.000 more or less (I know, it sucks), and that's not enough for a country that for the first and only U2 concert of its history filled a stadium with 70.000 souls and a lot of people that couldn't get a ticket. Plus, with the new ATYCLB fan base, we may be up for a 2 concert deal.... if they come (please)
The second arena in importance is a no-roof athletic court, or it could be a cycling court, but its no more than 30.000, and in that case, thay would play in Estadio Nacional, where they played in 98
And yes, the_acrobat, I went to that show with only 13 years :wink:. Incredible experience

They really need to hit Australia and Japan, two of the more stable countries in the world. I know that both countries are currently experiencing economic problems, but people will generally still pony up US $45 for a ticket.

Other than that, with all of Bono's focus on saving Africa, it might be nice to see them play a concert there. Maybe in one of the larger countries like South Africa or Nigeria. Anything would be helpful, of course with greatly discounted tickets.

And of course they should hit up the good old US of A. ;)

RickFly said:
i am from cincy ohio and they havent played cincy since , the october tour so i would love for them to play cincy.

Where would U2 play in Cincy? Riverbend is out of the question, U2 just don't belong in amphitheaters. Cincinnati is probably not a big fan base, so I doubt they would sell out Paul Brown Stadium very well. What is the Firstar Center like? I never hear of bands playing there.

The_acrobat said:
Anywhere you'd like to see U2 play on the next tour? Maybe an alternate venue? Or how about some stadiums in there as well? I'd like to see them 3-4 times. I think after that, it'd become boring to me. By my last Elevation show, I grew tired of it...actually. It was in Notre Dame, and I just had a bad day.

My wish list:

1.I hope they open the tour in Florida again. My friends and I are already kind of planning a road trip to go. I'll do whatever it takes to be there, front and center. If not florida, somewhere within reasonable driving distance of Ohio.

2.Columbus, Nationwide Arena- awesome place for a concert, hope they come back. Saw them there last time and it was the best concert I've ever seen.

3.Cleveland, Gund Arena- I love this venue. Even though most of Cleveland is a shit hole, I absolutely LOVE this area. Saw the Stones there 4 years ago, and it was just a great experience. Didn't see U2 there, though. Saw Lexington, Columbus and Indy all in that week. Financing wouldn't allow a 4th concert in a week! Plus, right down the road from Hard Rock Cafe....U2 party at the Hard Rock!!

4.In a stadium somewhere. Chicago, maybe? Even better a stadium gig in Ohio. Cincinnati has a new stadium that doesn't get used much, cause no one goes to Bengals games. Cleveland also has a new stadium. Columbus has the Ohio Stadium, which is just too damn big. U2 didn't sell it out by a long shot on Popmart. (Still 45,000 people at that gig! But that place holds like 70,000). I'd love to see U2 in a stadium.

5.SLANE FUCKING CASTLE! Or at least somewhere in Ireland.

I'm in Cincy so any or all of these sound perfect to me.....i also saw them in Columbus on the last tour and it was very special !!!

The_acrobat said:

Where would U2 play in Cincy? Riverbend is out of the question, U2 just don't belong in amphitheaters. Cincinnati is probably not a big fan base, so I doubt they would sell out Paul Brown Stadium very well. What is the Firstar Center like? I never hear of bands playing there.

Bruce played the firstar center i am pretty sure. But can you play a concert with the GA thing? Cause remmeber the who? people get pissed when someone suggest GA at a arena here. It's so annoying. that who incident could have happened anywhere. just cause it's cincinnati doesnt mean people will die simpply because it's cincinnati. gar. we are known for riots though! cincinnati blows. i didnt realize there were others from cincinnnati on this forum! yay!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
they can come and play in my backyard :wink:

Seriously, if they hit Detroit, Cleveland, Columbus and Chicago (Vegas, too!), I'll be a happy camper. :happy: :hyper:

add Indianapolis, Louisville, and St. Louis to that (and, y'know, Purdue University) and I'd say "what she said!"

Depends on where I am as far as college goes when the next tour starts.

If I go to college here in Iowa, then down by Ames and Des Moines at the place there that holds concerts.

Or the Nebraska/Iowa border-I know Sioux City gets a lot of concerts.

If I'm not in Iowa, but going to college somewhere else, just so long as they stop within that area I'm in, so that I can get a ticket and go see them.

I will find a way to see U2 on their next tour. This is a goal of mine.

Angela

I prefer to see them later on in the tour, which means I'd like it if they opened on the west coast, or FLA again, working their way to the northeast.

I'm not one of those dying to catch them on opening night, so I'll generously give that up. ;)

There is a 4000/5000 "arena" here (I don't suppose they would come and play that), and there is an old football "stadium" (which supposably had 35 000 people when Kelly family played here). Another option is the hippodrome (where the Pope was during his visit).

But I doubt U2 will come to a small market like Slovenia, so my bet is on trying to see them in Vienna.

yea i think that u2 would do great in cincy. paul brown stadium, the more i look at it, isnt a great place for a concert the way it is shaped. firstar center is great. they remodeld it . i have seen a lot of concerts here such as bon jovi, metallica, etc. i know people like bruce springstien, elton john, and billie joel have played here so we shall see. the only thining is general admission. the who concert where people were killed happend here in the 70's, and they have sinced outlawed general admission.

Go to Europe, stay here for a year, do 300 concerts (ten per town) and I?m content.

Kariann, where are you from in Columbus? Just curious.

Nationwide is an awesome arena, the sound was perfect for U2 last time. Bildo and I saw them at the Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, but it wasn't a good experience. Nothing with the band or anything, but we weren't with the best group of people, and our seats SUCKED. I would definately not see them in Indianapolis unless they didn't come to Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati or somewhere else in the vacinity.

I've been to Freedom Hall in Louisville before. It seems like a place U2 could possibly play in. Louisville is an awesome city, always a blast. I could stay down there for a U2 show, definately.

Actually, I saw where they renamed the Firstar Center. It is now the US Bank Center. Such a beautiful name for a venue. At least Nationwide Arena doesn't SOUND like it was named after a corporation.

RickFly said:
yea i think that u2 would do great in cincy. paul brown stadium, the more i look at it, isnt a great place for a concert the way it is shaped. firstar center is great. they remodeld it . i have seen a lot of concerts here such as bon jovi, metallica, etc. i know people like bruce springstien, elton john, and billie joel have played here so we shall see. the only thining is general admission. the who concert where people were killed happend here in the 70's, and they have sinced outlawed general admission.

actually the bruce show was ga and it came off without a hitch....cincy has to try to put the who tragedy in the past finally....

The_acrobat said:
Kariann, where are you from in Columbus? Just curious.

Nationwide is an awesome arena, the sound was perfect for U2 last time. Bildo and I saw them at the Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, but it wasn't a good experience. Nothing with the band or anything, but we weren't with the best group of people, and our seats SUCKED. I would definately not see them in Indianapolis unless they didn't come to Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati or somewhere else in the vacinity.

I've been to Freedom Hall in Louisville before. It seems like a place U2 could possibly play in. Louisville is an awesome city, always a blast. I could stay down there for a U2 show, definately.

Actually, I saw where they renamed the Firstar Center. It is now the US Bank Center. Such a beautiful name for a venue. At least Nationwide Arena doesn't SOUND like it was named after a corporation.

I live a few miles south of downtown. The acoustics as Nationwide are awesome and it is far better than the Value City Arena. I have to say that show was one of the best if not best show I've seen. I'm just thankful that Columbus finally has a few places to draw people here. For smaller acts the PromoWest Pavilion in the arena district isnt bad.

I agree Nationwide is a much better name. Although Value City Arena I think is a tad worse than US Bank Center. I havent been there for years and havent made it to Gund Arena in Cleveland yet.

Atlanta, in Philips Arena--again! Great place for a U2 gig! I also hope they do some shows in Chile and other places outside the U.S. !!!!

Back
Top Bottom