Your dream for next year's tour schedule..... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2003, 10:57 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:40 AM
Your dream for next year's tour schedule.....

Anywhere you'd like to see U2 play on the next tour? Maybe an alternate venue? Or how about some stadiums in there as well? I'd like to see them 3-4 times. I think after that, it'd become boring to me. By my last Elevation show, I grew tired of it...actually. It was in Notre Dame, and I just had a bad day.

My wish list:

1.I hope they open the tour in Florida again. My friends and I are already kind of planning a road trip to go. I'll do whatever it takes to be there, front and center. If not florida, somewhere within reasonable driving distance of Ohio.

2.Columbus, Nationwide Arena- awesome place for a concert, hope they come back. Saw them there last time and it was the best concert I've ever seen.

3.Cleveland, Gund Arena- I love this venue. Even though most of Cleveland is a shit hole, I absolutely LOVE this area. Saw the Stones there 4 years ago, and it was just a great experience. Didn't see U2 there, though. Saw Lexington, Columbus and Indy all in that week. Financing wouldn't allow a 4th concert in a week! Plus, right down the road from Hard Rock Cafe....U2 party at the Hard Rock!!

4.In a stadium somewhere. Chicago, maybe? Even better a stadium gig in Ohio. Cincinnati has a new stadium that doesn't get used much, cause no one goes to Bengals games. Cleveland also has a new stadium. Columbus has the Ohio Stadium, which is just too damn big. U2 didn't sell it out by a long shot on Popmart. (Still 45,000 people at that gig! But that place holds like 70,000). I'd love to see U2 in a stadium.

5.SLANE FUCKING CASTLE! Or at least somewhere in Ireland.

Old 01-29-2003, 11:20 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:40 AM
I don't care if they play stadiums or arenas. I WANT THEM TO COME TO SOUTHAMERICA, I WANT THEM TO COM TO CHILE!!!!!!!
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Old 01-29-2003, 11:40 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by pepokiss
I don't care if they play stadiums or arenas. I WANT THEM TO COME TO SOUTHAMERICA, I WANT THEM TO COM TO CHILE!!!!!!!

Yeah. That sucks you guys didn't get them on Elevation. Well, they do one gig there for Elevation....on a TV show with 4 songs!! That's really shitty. I mean, they got a great reception there on Popmart, from what I understand. All the shows sold out, which is more than they could say for the U.S. I hope you guys get a tour down there. But the band doesn't schedule their tours, and the big businessmen who do don't think that your country has a strong enough dollar to make it worth playing there. Well, I'm in a band, and if we ever get really popular, like U2 status, we'll tour down there for ya! Even if we just do the festival circuit.

I hope that U2 comes to Chile in the 2004 tour. Did you see them last time? Good luck seeing them again.

Acrobat
Old 01-29-2003, 11:49 PM   #4
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by pepokiss

We people in the States here should consider ourselves very fortunate to see U2 tour here as many times as they have.
Old 01-30-2003, 12:26 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:40 PM
Yes we are very lucky to have them tour in the usa as much as they do. Anywhere in Califorina would be fine by me!!!!
Old 01-30-2003, 06:07 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

HALIFAX!!!

But if not Hali (which is unlikely considering the largest venue we have is an outdoor stage (with no seats, but 30,000 came for the Tragically Hip - Including me ) they build on the side of Citadel Hill. But it would absolutely have to be during the summer, cause otherwise the hill would be covered in snow. I'm sure they could probably get at least 50,000 there for a huge concert like U2, but there's such a small timeframe for the concert (summer only) that it would be unlikely. Plus the fact that it's open-air with no seats whatsoever...so it looks like I'll have to settle with going to Montreal.

But if they did come here I would shit my pants!!!
Old 01-30-2003, 08:31 PM   #7
War Child

Local Time: 12:40 AM
I am from Ohio too the_acrobat. I am just hoping arenas..And in lots of places in and around Ohio so i can go to as many as possible. thats al i want. I will never get tired of it. the 5th one was the best for me!
Old 01-30-2003, 10:02 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I dont mean to brag, but right now Chile is maybe the most powerfull country in southamerica, with Argentina and Brazil with a lot of problems, especially Arg. That could cause a bit of a problem for them to come here, but faith is the last thing you lose, so....
I hope they play stadiums, at least here, because the biggest arena is for 5.000 more or less (I know, it sucks), and that's not enough for a country that for the first and only U2 concert of its history filled a stadium with 70.000 souls and a lot of people that couldn't get a ticket. Plus, with the new ATYCLB fan base, we may be up for a 2 concert deal.... if they come (please)
The second arena in importance is a no-roof athletic court, or it could be a cycling court, but its no more than 30.000, and in that case, thay would play in Estadio Nacional, where they played in 98
And yes, the_acrobat, I went to that show with only 13 years . Incredible experience
Old 01-31-2003, 12:20 AM   #9
Refugee

Local Time: 11:40 PM
They really need to hit Australia and Japan, two of the more stable countries in the world. I know that both countries are currently experiencing economic problems, but people will generally still pony up US $45 for a ticket.

Other than that, with all of Bono's focus on saving Africa, it might be nice to see them play a concert there. Maybe in one of the larger countries like South Africa or Nigeria. Anything would be helpful, of course with greatly discounted tickets.

And of course they should hit up the good old US of A.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:36 AM   #10
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:40 PM
Please start tour in Sydney!! Please come to Oz and NZ!

Pamela
Old 01-31-2003, 07:52 AM   #11
Refugee

i am from cincy ohio and they havent played cincy since , the october tour so i would love for them to play cincy.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:14 AM   #12
Blue Crack Distributor

they can come and play in my backyard

Seriously, if they hit Detroit, Cleveland, Columbus and Chicago (Vegas, too!), I'll be a happy camper.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:48 AM   #13
Blue Crack Distributor

The only possiable place they could play that would top Slane...

Central Park.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:54 AM   #14
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh yeah, now that would be good. But, IMO, nothing could ever top Slane. That was so special for them, nothing could ever beat it.
Old 01-31-2003, 09:32 AM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by RickFly
i am from cincy ohio and they havent played cincy since , the october tour so i would love for them to play cincy.

Where would U2 play in Cincy? Riverbend is out of the question, U2 just don't belong in amphitheaters. Cincinnati is probably not a big fan base, so I doubt they would sell out Paul Brown Stadium very well. What is the Firstar Center like? I never hear of bands playing there.
Old 01-31-2003, 09:35 AM   #16
Refugee

Location: living in a rock and roll fantasy- and what's wrong with that?
I'd rather see them sell out an arena 4 nights in one town than not sell out a stadium. Anywhere I can drive to in a day will do for me, just come, and do GA!!

Brandon Boyd

-Incubus
Old 01-31-2003, 10:49 AM   #17
War Child

Re: Your dream for next year's tour schedule.....

Quote:
Originally posted by The_acrobat
Anywhere you'd like to see U2 play on the next tour? Maybe an alternate venue? Or how about some stadiums in there as well? I'd like to see them 3-4 times. I think after that, it'd become boring to me. By my last Elevation show, I grew tired of it...actually. It was in Notre Dame, and I just had a bad day.

My wish list:

1.I hope they open the tour in Florida again. My friends and I are already kind of planning a road trip to go. I'll do whatever it takes to be there, front and center. If not florida, somewhere within reasonable driving distance of Ohio.

2.Columbus, Nationwide Arena- awesome place for a concert, hope they come back. Saw them there last time and it was the best concert I've ever seen.

3.Cleveland, Gund Arena- I love this venue. Even though most of Cleveland is a shit hole, I absolutely LOVE this area. Saw the Stones there 4 years ago, and it was just a great experience. Didn't see U2 there, though. Saw Lexington, Columbus and Indy all in that week. Financing wouldn't allow a 4th concert in a week! Plus, right down the road from Hard Rock Cafe....U2 party at the Hard Rock!!

4.In a stadium somewhere. Chicago, maybe? Even better a stadium gig in Ohio. Cincinnati has a new stadium that doesn't get used much, cause no one goes to Bengals games. Cleveland also has a new stadium. Columbus has the Ohio Stadium, which is just too damn big. U2 didn't sell it out by a long shot on Popmart. (Still 45,000 people at that gig! But that place holds like 70,000). I'd love to see U2 in a stadium.

5.SLANE FUCKING CASTLE! Or at least somewhere in Ireland.

I'm in Cincy so any or all of these sound perfect to me.....i also saw them in Columbus on the last tour and it was very special !!!
Old 01-31-2003, 02:50 PM   #18
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by The_acrobat

Where would U2 play in Cincy? Riverbend is out of the question, U2 just don't belong in amphitheaters. Cincinnati is probably not a big fan base, so I doubt they would sell out Paul Brown Stadium very well. What is the Firstar Center like? I never hear of bands playing there.
Bruce played the firstar center i am pretty sure. But can you play a concert with the GA thing? Cause remmeber the who? people get pissed when someone suggest GA at a arena here. It's so annoying. that who incident could have happened anywhere. just cause it's cincinnati doesnt mean people will die simpply because it's cincinnati. gar. we are known for riots though! cincinnati blows. i didnt realize there were others from cincinnnati on this forum! yay!
Old 01-31-2003, 08:16 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
they can come and play in my backyard

Seriously, if they hit Detroit, Cleveland, Columbus and Chicago (Vegas, too!), I'll be a happy camper.
add Indianapolis, Louisville, and St. Louis to that (and, y'know, Purdue University) and I'd say "what she said!"
Old 02-01-2003, 12:44 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Depends on where I am as far as college goes when the next tour starts.

If I go to college here in Iowa, then down by Ames and Des Moines at the place there that holds concerts.

Or the Nebraska/Iowa border-I know Sioux City gets a lot of concerts.

If I'm not in Iowa, but going to college somewhere else, just so long as they stop within that area I'm in, so that I can get a ticket and go see them.

I will find a way to see U2 on their next tour. This is a goal of mine.

Angela