Your dream for next year's tour schedule.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would love if they came to South America , and specially Brazil, in their next tour. I think Brazil would be the biggest opportunity for U2 to break their attendance record. 200,000 people in Maracan? (Rio de Janeiro) would be a very strong possibility. Maracan? has hit over 180,000 people in concerts with Frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson, etc. It certainly would be a very emotional concert, like Popmart S?o Paulo. I was too young to go to that concert (or maybe too young to appreciate) and I regret that to this day. U2 came to Brazil before the Elevation Tour just for a made-for-TV show (the 4 songs concert).

Kariann said:

I live a few miles south of downtown. The acoustics as Nationwide are awesome and it is far better than the Value City Arena. I have to say that show was one of the best if not best show I've seen. I'm just thankful that Columbus finally has a few places to draw people here. For smaller acts the PromoWest Pavilion in the arena district isnt bad.

I agree Nationwide is a much better name. Although Value City Arena I think is a tad worse than US Bank Center. I havent been there for years and havent made it to Gund Arena in Cleveland yet.

Value City Arena is a TERRIBLE place to see a concert. I saw Aerosmith and Tom Petty there....it was awful. Nationwide Arena is much better. I saw U2 and also got drug to a (gulp) Barenaked Ladies cocnert there, and the sound was great. Promowest rules. It's the best place for a smaller act to play. I'm seeing Coldplay there next month, and I had tickets to see Billy Corgan's new band, Zwan. Columbus is really taking off now, in terms of concerts. Polaris Amphitheater, Nationwide Arena, Promowest Pavilion, Value City Arena, and even the Ohio Stadium for the BIG BIG BIG shows.

The_acrobat said:

Value City Arena is a TERRIBLE place to see a concert. I saw Aerosmith and Tom Petty there....it was awful. Nationwide Arena is much better. I saw U2 and also got drug to a (gulp) Barenaked Ladies cocnert there, and the sound was great. Promowest rules. It's the best place for a smaller act to play. I'm seeing Coldplay there next month, and I had tickets to see Billy Corgan's new band, Zwan. Columbus is really taking off now, in terms of concerts. Polaris Amphitheater, Nationwide Arena, Promowest Pavilion, Value City Arena, and even the Ohio Stadium for the BIG BIG BIG shows.

Columbus has come a long way in general. The Arena District I think has been one of the best things they have done. I agree about Value City and the parking at OSU is a pain. I regret not pressing my best friend to catch Coldplay at Promowest. I havent been there for an indoor show yet.

It would be cool if they played either Ames, Iowa City or Des Moines this next tour, but if not it's only a two-hour drive for me to Minneapolis/St. Paul. I can't imagine they would skip the Twin Cities.

Back
Top Bottom