Your dream for next year's tour schedule..... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2003, 04:31 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:24 AM
I prefer to see them later on in the tour, which means I'd like it if they opened on the west coast, or FLA again, working their way to the northeast.

I'm not one of those dying to catch them on opening night, so I'll generously give that up.

Old 02-02-2003, 12:49 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:24 AM
Toronto!!!

Old 02-02-2003, 01:18 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:24 AM
There is a 4000/5000 "arena" here (I don't suppose they would come and play that), and there is an old football "stadium" (which supposably had 35 000 people when Kelly family played here). Another option is the hippodrome (where the Pope was during his visit).

But I doubt U2 will come to a small market like Slovenia, so my bet is on trying to see them in Vienna.
Old 02-03-2003, 02:39 PM   #24
Refugee

Local Time: 05:24 AM
yea i think that u2 would do great in cincy. paul brown stadium, the more i look at it, isnt a great place for a concert the way it is shaped. firstar center is great. they remodeld it . i have seen a lot of concerts here such as bon jovi, metallica, etc. i know people like bruce springstien, elton john, and billie joel have played here so we shall see. the only thining is general admission. the who concert where people were killed happend here in the 70's, and they have sinced outlawed general admission.
Old 02-03-2003, 07:55 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:24 AM
Go to Europe, stay here for a year, do 300 concerts (ten per town) and I´m content.
Old 02-03-2003, 09:19 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Another Ohioan here! Columbus and Nationwide Arena for sure since I'm only about 15 mins from there. Besides it's honestly the best arena I have been to. I would also try to make to Cincy or Cleveland if they played there as well.
Old 02-03-2003, 11:34 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Kariann, where are you from in Columbus? Just curious.

Nationwide is an awesome arena, the sound was perfect for U2 last time. Bildo and I saw them at the Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, but it wasn't a good experience. Nothing with the band or anything, but we weren't with the best group of people, and our seats SUCKED. I would definately not see them in Indianapolis unless they didn't come to Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati or somewhere else in the vacinity.

I've been to Freedom Hall in Louisville before. It seems like a place U2 could possibly play in. Louisville is an awesome city, always a blast. I could stay down there for a U2 show, definately.

Actually, I saw where they renamed the Firstar Center. It is now the US Bank Center. Such a beautiful name for a venue. At least Nationwide Arena doesn't SOUND like it was named after a corporation.
Old 02-04-2003, 07:26 AM   #28
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by RickFly
yea i think that u2 would do great in cincy. paul brown stadium, the more i look at it, isnt a great place for a concert the way it is shaped. firstar center is great. they remodeld it . i have seen a lot of concerts here such as bon jovi, metallica, etc. i know people like bruce springstien, elton john, and billie joel have played here so we shall see. the only thining is general admission. the who concert where people were killed happend here in the 70's, and they have sinced outlawed general admission.
actually the bruce show was ga and it came off without a hitch....cincy has to try to put the who tragedy in the past finally....
Old 02-04-2003, 05:34 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Quote:
Originally posted by The_acrobat
Kariann, where are you from in Columbus? Just curious.

Nationwide is an awesome arena, the sound was perfect for U2 last time. Bildo and I saw them at the Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, but it wasn't a good experience. Nothing with the band or anything, but we weren't with the best group of people, and our seats SUCKED. I would definately not see them in Indianapolis unless they didn't come to Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati or somewhere else in the vacinity.

I've been to Freedom Hall in Louisville before. It seems like a place U2 could possibly play in. Louisville is an awesome city, always a blast. I could stay down there for a U2 show, definately.

Actually, I saw where they renamed the Firstar Center. It is now the US Bank Center. Such a beautiful name for a venue. At least Nationwide Arena doesn't SOUND like it was named after a corporation.
I live a few miles south of downtown. The acoustics as Nationwide are awesome and it is far better than the Value City Arena. I have to say that show was one of the best if not best show I've seen. I'm just thankful that Columbus finally has a few places to draw people here. For smaller acts the PromoWest Pavilion in the arena district isnt bad.

I agree Nationwide is a much better name. Although Value City Arena I think is a tad worse than US Bank Center. I havent been there for years and havent made it to Gund Arena in Cleveland yet.
Old 02-04-2003, 05:48 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Atlanta, in Philips Arena--again! Great place for a U2 gig! I also hope they do some shows in Chile and other places outside the U.S. !!!!
Old 02-07-2003, 11:04 PM   #31
Babyface

Local Time: 02:24 AM
I would love if they came to South America , and specially Brazil, in their next tour. I think Brazil would be the biggest opportunity for U2 to break their attendance record. 200,000 people in Maracanã (Rio de Janeiro) would be a very strong possibility. Maracanã has hit over 180,000 people in concerts with Frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson, etc. It certainly would be a very emotional concert, like Popmart São Paulo. I was too young to go to that concert (or maybe too young to appreciate) and I regret that to this day. U2 came to Brazil before the Elevation Tour just for a made-for-TV show (the 4 songs concert).
Old 02-08-2003, 10:35 AM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann

I live a few miles south of downtown. The acoustics as Nationwide are awesome and it is far better than the Value City Arena. I have to say that show was one of the best if not best show I've seen. I'm just thankful that Columbus finally has a few places to draw people here. For smaller acts the PromoWest Pavilion in the arena district isnt bad.

I agree Nationwide is a much better name. Although Value City Arena I think is a tad worse than US Bank Center. I havent been there for years and havent made it to Gund Arena in Cleveland yet.

Value City Arena is a TERRIBLE place to see a concert. I saw Aerosmith and Tom Petty there....it was awful. Nationwide Arena is much better. I saw U2 and also got drug to a (gulp) Barenaked Ladies cocnert there, and the sound was great. Promowest rules. It's the best place for a smaller act to play. I'm seeing Coldplay there next month, and I had tickets to see Billy Corgan's new band, Zwan. Columbus is really taking off now, in terms of concerts. Polaris Amphitheater, Nationwide Arena, Promowest Pavilion, Value City Arena, and even the Ohio Stadium for the BIG BIG BIG shows.
Old 02-08-2003, 05:48 PM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by The_acrobat

Value City Arena is a TERRIBLE place to see a concert. I saw Aerosmith and Tom Petty there....it was awful. Nationwide Arena is much better. I saw U2 and also got drug to a (gulp) Barenaked Ladies cocnert there, and the sound was great. Promowest rules. It's the best place for a smaller act to play. I'm seeing Coldplay there next month, and I had tickets to see Billy Corgan's new band, Zwan. Columbus is really taking off now, in terms of concerts. Polaris Amphitheater, Nationwide Arena, Promowest Pavilion, Value City Arena, and even the Ohio Stadium for the BIG BIG BIG shows.
Columbus has come a long way in general. The Arena District I think has been one of the best things they have done. I agree about Value City and the parking at OSU is a pain. I regret not pressing my best friend to catch Coldplay at Promowest. I havent been there for an indoor show yet.
Old 02-08-2003, 11:32 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

It would be cool if they played either Ames, Iowa City or Des Moines this next tour, but if not it's only a two-hour drive for me to Minneapolis/St. Paul. I can't imagine they would skip the Twin Cities.
Old 02-09-2003, 11:02 AM   #35
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:24 PM
My dream is that they will actually tour next year.