Your CHEESIEST U2 song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elevation, no contest whatsoever.

Yahweh is a close second.

Peace on Earth, Original of the Species (mostly the chorus), parts of Miracle Drug & A Man and a Woman as well.

Pre-2000: Love Rescue Me

I have to disagree with all of you "Elevation" poo poo'ers....

Elevation is FUN! Especially LIVE! Fun, not cheesy.

Where as "Man and a Woman" is cheesy and NOT FUN. It's quite lame.

Elevation is not lame, or cheesy....THOSE WHOA OH OH OH'S are a stinkin BLAST!

I would have to go with either 'Elevation', 'Window In The Skies', or --- lest we forget it -- 'A Celebration', which was rather au fromage.

(I don't find 'A Man and a Woman' remotely cheesy.)

LAPOE. Now I do like the song, it rocks my ass, but honestly, is there anything cheesier that Bono "dancing" around singing 'WE NEED LOVE AND PEACE!'?

Aardvark747 said:

Yick!
Even the way the band described it before the album came out, saying something like "It's one of those Marvin Gaye soul songs, sittin on the corner in the heat of summer"....or something close to that.
I had my doubts as soon as I read that. And it only took one listen for me to decide it sucked and spewed cheese from every direction.

I think "A Man and A Woman" is one of the strongest songs from "Bomb" and there's no cheese included. In fact it's the least U2-sounding song on there and screams of originality. That's not an April Fool's joke, either. For those who are welcoming a "new sound" but think "A Man and a Woman" is cheesy, perhaps you should be a little more nervous about the "Innovation" on the new album. I believe the song is severly overlooked and underrated, just like "One Step Closer" and "New York".

Anyway, random ranting aside; as far as cheese goes, I have to agree with Window in the Skies; especially when Bono goes all over-dramatic near the end: "(in whisper voice)Oh can't you see...*deep breathing sound* what love...*uneccesary pause*...has done..."

Well, there's good cheese and then there's bad cheese.

Big Girls Are Best? Awesome, delicious cheese.

Elevation and A Man and a Woman? Cheese that's been hanging around in the refrigerator just a little too long.

2861U2 said:
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

:reject:
good point actually

and for about the same reasons as Windows ... is cheese-like

at least Windows .... seems to make a conscious decision fro cheese
Wild Horses is a smelly cheese

Back
Top Bottom