Your CHEESIEST U2 song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I could understand someone viewing One as a cheesy song at times...but the CHEESIEST U2 song out of every other one of their songs? Sorry, not even close....

I definitely have a hard time listening to LAPOE though, the title, first of all, makes it bad enough, but then...some of the lyrics...it just bothers me when I listen to it...Elevation might be second...

AMAAW is beautiful and not cheesy at all...

Whoever said WGRYWH is cheesy is simply out of control insane

Compared to most other music on radio today, U2's songs aren't cheesy at all. Many of them emotional, yes, but not cheesy.

I agree, Elevation isn't cheesy, just silly/stupid. Cheesy, however, are:

Miracle Drug
Walk On (though there are many things to like about it)
ARE YOU GONNA FUCKING WAIT FOREVER

Rob33 said:

Whoever said WGRYWH is cheesy is simply out of control insane

No, WGRYWH is most certainly cheesy.

For starters, the title itself is kind of lame (and grammatically incorrect- shouldn't there be a question mark at the end?)

Then we have "Baby, can we still be friends?" :yawn:

And, of course, the "hey hey sha la la"s are pure cheese.

Stilton:
Elevation
Window in The Skies

Cheddar:
Miracle Drug
Peace on Eath
Stuck in A Moment
Some Days
Sweetest Thing
Who's Gonna Ride
Two Hearts Beat As One
A Man and A Woman
Vertigo

Cheese-Strings:
One
With or Without You
Beautiful Day
Walk On
COBL
All I Want is You

thelaj said:
Stilton:
Elevation
Window in The Skies

Cheddar:
Miracle Drug
Peace on Eath
Stuck in A Moment
Some Days
Sweetest Thing
Who's Gonna Ride
Two Hearts Beat As One
A Man and A Woman
Vertigo

Cheese-Strings:
One
With or Without You
Beautiful Day
Walk On
COBL
All I Want is You

Actually everything U2 has ever done is cheesy if you think about it. The whole concept and theme of the band is cheesy! ;)

The rerecorded Sweetest Thing with that lame ass "ain't-love-the-swee-test-thing" bridge. But I love the original version, blown out voice and all.

Wild Honey is pure cheese, but it knows it's cheese so it gets a pass. Barely.

thelaj said:
Stilton:
Elevation
Window in The Skies

Cheddar:
Miracle Drug
Peace on Eath
Stuck in A Moment
Some Days
Sweetest Thing
Who's Gonna Ride
Two Hearts Beat As One
A Man and A Woman
Vertigo

Cheese-Strings:
One
With or Without You
Beautiful Day
Walk On
COBL
All I Want is You

This kind of post always makes me laugh! Translation: "I spend lots of time listening to and chatting about U2, and I totally hate them, man!"

So I guess there are about 2 songs you don't find cheesy?

COBL ....COBLGHBLGBLLBWLWAARGHHH !!!:barf: :barf: :barf:
(in de Ciddy Of Blaaiding Laahaaits...)

...this slaaaaaaiiide guitar...::barf:

Actually, the whole f...... cliché song: :barf:

Rich79 said:
I think "A Man and A Woman" is one of the strongest songs from "Bomb" and there's no cheese included. In fact it's the least U2-sounding song on there and screams of originality. That's not an April Fool's joke, either. For those who are welcoming a "new sound" but think "A Man and a Woman" is cheesy, perhaps you should be a little more nervous about the "Innovation" on the new album. I believe the song is severly overlooked and underrated, just like "One Step Closer" and "New York".

Anyway, random ranting aside; as far as cheese goes, I have to agree with Window in the Skies; especially when Bono goes all over-dramatic near the end: "(in whisper voice)Oh can't you see...*deep breathing sound* what love...*uneccesary pause*...has done..."

:yes: :up:

I could not agree with you more!!! You are exactly right !!

A Man And A Woman is almost perfection, a real gem!
Fantastic passionate singing from Bono (NOT Bono doing Bono). Wonderful original musical structures.. hard to decipher. Beautiful blending of instruments creating a melancholic mood...
And indeed, probably the only NEW-sounding track on the album. Whether you like the song or not! (If I remember right even Adam was more than everage enthousiastic about this track and it's new sound..)
The other tracks have a lot of elements in them that we heard many times before on other albums...
Maybe the title and some parts of the lyrics are a little misleading or too vulnerable for some people/fans here and puts them off-track... Pity for them: it's a beautiful song..
But I understand if you only prefer the big- (obvious) U2-stadium anthems, you probably won't "get" this song.. sorry for you:tongue:

65980 said:

This kind of post always makes me laugh! Translation: "I spend lots of time listening to and chatting about U2, and I totally hate them, man!"

So I guess there are about 2 songs you don't find cheesy?

For one, there are only 17 tracks there which is a fraction of U2's output. Secondly, I like virtually all of those songs.

Cheese isn't necessarily bad people.

I'm a MOLE diggin' in a HOLE!b:wink:

Back
Top Bottom