Your Blue Room Appreciation!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chickadee

New Yorker
Because I adore this song too much, I thought I'd appreciate it!

The organ. Edge plays the organ! How much more do you need? Oh, you do need more? Ok...

Bono's low, sexy, seductive voice. He wants to take you to a blue room! What else do you need?

Bono's falsetto! Yes, he wants to take you and sing to you like that! Now you must believe this song is brill...

Well, then you have the guitar at the end... Hardly even features, but when it does, it's so gorgeous and lush it blows you away. Yes?

ADAM TALKS!

Yeah, that sold it. ;)

Seriously, who else loves this song?

chickadee said:
Because I adore this song too much, I thought I'd appreciate it!

The organ. Edge plays the organ! How much more do you need? Oh, you do need more? Ok...

Bono's low, sexy, seductive voice. He wants to take you to a blue room! What else do you need?

Bono's falsetto! Yes, he wants to take you and sing to you like that! Now you must believe this song is brill...

Well, then you have the guitar at the end... Hardly even features, but when it does, it's so gorgeous and lush it blows you away. Yes?

ADAM TALKS!

Yeah, that sold it. ;)

Seriously, who else loves this song?

Quality post, Chickadee! :wink: Great song, too! One of my faves from the Passengers.

This is actually a song I've just come to love over the last month or so. I never really got it untill now but now I love it. I love it the way I love If You Wear That Velvet Dress. Amazingly sublime guitars with a seductive feel to the songs. Bono's falsetto is amazing.The whole vibe of it is almost unearthly. Plus Adam doing vocals at the end is way cool.

God Part III said:
It's brilliant. Top 20 U2 for me.

Definitely in my top 20 also...its gorgeous! I fell in love with it after the first time I heard it, its probably one of u2's sexiest songs--Bono's voice is just :drool:
The guitars are amazing also and falsetto is :up:

HOORAY for all the appreciation! Great to see! I know a few people who think it's 'boring' and they clearly don't see the beauty of this song. It's really very sexy, I totally agree. And it's mysterious too.

well, it was good enough to make the Best of 1990-2000, so apparently the band recognizes its greatness as well. As much as I love Velvet Dress, I'd argue YBR is a step up. Also, I'd put it above much of ATYCLB. A haunting, beautiful song.

Adam speak-singing is a great bonus, but what about the bass playing? He KILLS on this song. And props to the mentions of Edge's little guitar work. So perfect, so understated. Bono's falsetto--among his best.

Phenomenal song..

it's a shame how often it gets overlooked...

I was about to start an Always Forever Now appreciation thread too :p

:drool: one of my all-time favorite U2 songs!

Back
Top Bottom