Your Blue Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BONO'ppetit

War Child
Is anyone as crazy about this song as I am and two questions. What's it about (did a search on Songfacts.com but it's not there) and who's talking at the end? I'm pretty sure it's Bono, but not sure.

Last edited:
Not sure about the origin of the song... I thought I read somewhere that it was actually a poem written by a poet from somewhere in South America.... Brazil, maybe? :confused:

As for who's talking at the end, that's Adam. :ohmy: :yes:

Aardvark747 said:
That's BUDDY-ETTE to you! :wink: LOL I don't think many guys would call themselves BONO'ppetit b'c not many have an appetite for Bono. :giggle: Um, I guess I could be wrong there. You just never know. :huh:

BONO'ppetit said:
That's BUDDY-ETTE to you! :wink: LOL I don't think many guys would call themselves BONO'ppetit b'c not many have an appetite for Bono. :giggle: Um, I guess I could be wrong there. You just never know. :huh:

:giggle:
3 times now I have mistaken a female on this site for being male. I really am sorry - I just come out with something like 'mate' or 'buddy' without even thinking!!:wink:

That's quite alright. LOL I used to get that a lot with PublicNewSense, a name I've used for years online, but I thought for sure that wouldn't happen with BONO'ppetit. :giggle: Really, no biggie. :wink:

Fantastic song, just another one of their countless beautiful melodic songs that never get the attention or respect that it deserves.

this may seem REALLY weird, but the first time I heard it I instantly wanted it at my funeral simply because of the falsetto bits! The way they put the reverb on that, you think you've got Macphisto's ghost crying out on the record! :ohmy:

Numb1075 said:
Fantastic song, just another one of their countless beautiful melodic songs that never get the attention or respect that it deserves.
They h ave so many under-rated songs but I'm glad b'c as someone else said here, that way they don't get run down.

blahblahblah said:
this may seem REALLY weird, but the first time I heard it I instantly wanted it at my funeral simply because of the falsetto bits! The way they put the reverb on that, you think you've got Macphisto's ghost crying out on the record! :ohmy:
That would be a good one for a funeral. Dibs!

Back
Top Bottom