Your Best Valentine's Day Stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PopFly

War Child
Everybody's got at least one, so put 'em up here!

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Gosh, I'm so sweet

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

uh, there was this one year, this one time, it was valentine's day, and i had no valentine--uhhhh, yeah, that's my valentine's day story
biggrin.gif

Beauty and the Beast on ice in the old Boston Garden.

Girlfriend made me go and bought me a big light up plastic sword when we got there...

need I say more?

1996 I went to see the Ramones while girlfriend stayed home, she couldn't believe I'd rather spend Valentine's with Joey than her
smile.gif
...surprisingly she married me in 1998.

------------------
The joker is the best card.

Amazingly enough, the two I was with my ex we were apart (it was a long distance thing). We did call each other and open the gifts we mailed each other, so that was kind of sweet and special to me.

Other than that, they have all sucked.
This year looks to be shaping up to be the same way.
frown.gif

------------------
You can tear it up
If you can tie me down

My love bought me roses, but put them in the refrigerator until he could get them to me. His plan was to give them to me that night when I was at work. Unfortunately, they froze in his fridge and turned black!

I married him the next year anyway!
smile.gif

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

I don't have any Valentines stories
frown.gif
but here's a good one. Last year at school (I'm currently a high school senior) this boy I know bought his girlfriend roses and gave one rose to each of her teachers before school. As she went to her classes, each of the teachers gave her the rose from him. So she got a new rose every 45 minutes. I thought it was a simple, romantic gesture. She's a lucky girl

------------------
"A word I've always liked more than happiness is joy. Happiness is a mood that comes and goes, whereas joy is just there." -Bono

The CIRCLE only has one side.

MESH RULES!!!!!
(thanks to Bono's American Wife)

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
uh, there was this one year, this one time, it was valentine's day, and i had no valentine--uhhhh, yeah, that's my valentine's day story
biggrin.gif

That sounds kinda familiar.. Like every single year of my entire life except for this year. I can't even really trying to outdo my whole prom suit with flowers and stuffed animals in the hospital thing, and she actually told me i'm not supposed to get her anything, but I'm going to give her my Running to Stand Still painting, a card, and perhaps a rose, then we're going out for dinner. Pretty standard. And then the big huge bummer is that The Weakerthans (one of my favourite bands) is playing in London of all places tomorrow night, so I'm going there, but unfortunately Melissa isn't allowed to come, which for me sucks a lot because when i found out they were playing I imagined how perfect it would be with her along, and I was all planning on it and then *kerthunk* not happening. so that was a bit of a bummer. I mean it will still be awesome, but GAH!

I'm shutting up now.

Valentine's day 1999. My wife finds out I have an online girlfriend and we are having a BDSM relationship.

She moved out. I'm divorced now.
smile.gif

------------------
I don't know you, and you don't know the half of it.

My freshman year of high school was when I had my first date. However, he dumped me at the dance for this dork who would sit and pick her nose and eat it in class (yeah, WTF???). I was left crying on the curb, waiting for my sister to pick me up. However, she ended up dumping him on Valentine's Day.

It made my day!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Hmm. My junior year of college, I had a piano literature class (I was a piano major) with only 3 other people in there. One of them (who is now a close friend) I got to know through that class and liked her from the start. (Erm...this is going to sound geeky for anyone who's not into classical music, but...) When we were studying Liszt, she said that she thought Franz Liszt was quite handsome and romantic. So I decided to surprise her on Valentines with a card from Franz Liszt - spent some time looking for some good pictures on the net and put together a little v-day card where Liszt confessed his feelings for her.
smile.gif
(Yeah, I'm a sweetheart
tongue.gif
)

Anyway, she loved it and invited me over for dinner.
biggrin.gif
I helped her out making spaghetti and we shared a quiet dinner together getting to know each other better. And then we spent some time on the couch looking through photos of her Europe trip and just talking (nothing happened! If it did, I'd be bragging now!
wink.gif
).

That was the best Valentines I've had. To this day she says that v-day card is the sweetest thing anyone's done for her. Unfortunately nothing romantic came of that, but oh well, can't win em all, I suppose.

------------------
Maybe I'm too young
To keep good love from going wrong
But tonight
You're on my mind
So you never know

Two years ago, my girlfriend (now ex) and I flew to Paris for Valentine's Day...pretty cool! Very romantic.

P.S. Bonochick, this was supposed to be post your good story, not one how you were dumped for a nose-picker.

Two years ago, my then boyfriend let me read the journal I had given him for Christmas. There were only two pages written, but it was about how much he loved me, and felt as though he was with the one person who understood and loved him for who he is. He said he loved everything about me, and always would. He never wanted to be with anyone else again, and was ready to make the commitment to grow old with me. He said he wanted to marry me.

Things have changed since then, but looking back, it makes me remember what it's like to really be in love. It gives me hope that someday I might find that kind of love again.

I have a really standout Valentine's day to look back on as of yesterday. I'd tell you all about it but I'm tired and I'm going to bed as soon as Bullet Proof (I wish I was) is over, unless i get addicted to another song.

Originally posted by zonelistener:

P.S. Bonochick, this was supposed to be post your good story, not one how you were dumped for a nose-picker.

No...it WAS good! He didn't ditch me for the nosepicker on Valentine's Day...she dumped him on Valentine's Day! So it was good for me!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

This year I surprised girlfriend, three times. Now, they might be clitche but coming from me, they were amazing. You see, I deplore all major Holidays, except Earth Day, and the fact that I got her anything at all was a surprise.

Surprise #1: I went to her workplace and gave her chocolates. This was a cute gift that didn't impress her very much, but still made her smile.

Surprise #2: I return to her workplace about 3 hours later and meet her in the breakroom. In front of her co-workers I give her a dozen roses. She blushes, punches me in the arm and I join her for a cigarette smoke.

Surprise #3: She comes home from work to find more chocolates, imported coffee, and her favorite kind of wine.

Oh oh I have just been really surprised..hehe!

Well this guy I reaaaaaally like, I thought he liked somebody else and I was very
frown.gif
and he sent me a text messgae on Valnetines Day saying Happy Valentines Day, but i shouted at him, so I was thinking for like 2 days that he wasn't speaking to me and stuff!

But like 2 nights ago, he told me he really liked me and wanted to go out with me and he EVEN got me presents for Valentines Day which I'm getting this weekend (weeeee
smile.gif
) and hes writing me a poem and he's just great
smile.gif
and he even likes u2 now and appreciates that Im also in love with Larry and Adam which is very nice of him
wink.gif

so I am gonna celebrate Valentines Day late and I'm VERY surprised because I've never had anything nice happen to me on V.Day but this guy totally makes up for all that, hes the best. (and he shall be posting here soon but i dont want to give away his identity incase hes embarrased but i made his account for him and in his signature i put i love laura hehe im so naughty
tongue.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom