Your all time No1......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jonnytakeawalk said:
I agree except for Edge's Sunday Bloody Sunday during Popmart. I love Sunday Bloody Sunday acoustic

Wasn't that on an electric guitar though? So it wouldn't qualify as an acoustic performance, just a solo one.

As for the 00s U2, A man and a woman. I usually like (semi)acoustic U2, but I just can't feel anything about this one - neither boo or yay. I love the "like a stray dog" verse - one of my favourites of the new millenium.

Confession: the studio version of Bad bores me to tears. :crack: No kidding. Any live version, any era, any performance is at least 20x better than the studio version. I can't believe how bare and generally dull it is. :down:

LemonMelon said:
Confession: the studio version of Bad bores me to tears. :crack: No kidding. Any live version, any era, any performance is at least 20x better than the studio version. I can't believe how bare and generally dull it is. :down:
True

Three-way tie between Babyface, The Hands That Built America and Wild Honey.

coolian2 said:
i love The Hands That Built America.

That's nice. What's not nice is insulting people for disagreeing with you. Don't tell me you're ALSO drunk. There's enough of that going on in B&C.

GibsonGirl said:

That's nice. What's not nice is insulting people for disagreeing with you. Don't tell me you're ALSO drunk. There's enough of that going on in B&C.

I spiked the eggnog, and we're all benefiting.

Miami is the only song I sometimes skip, I love the rest of Pop and specially Mofo, I also love the acoustic part of every concert, in fact I'd love they made an unplugged concert with a little audience (me among the public, of course)

GibsonGirl said:

a) It was a general comment directed at everyone in a humorous light, i posted it from the first page and the fact that it came up after your post is coincidence.

b) !!!

I simply can't understand how so many U2 fans (more like 'fanatics' on this site) don't like the following: "Trip Through Your Wires," "The Playboy Mansion," and "All Because Of You." The last is the best of the three, but all of them are first-rate tracks, in my opinion. I understand that people have divergent opinions, and that's great, but as U2 fans I fail to understand why people don't like these. All of them are quintessential U2. If you ask me, 'Trip Through Your Wires' is the loosest and funkiest song they've ever done and is an example of how to make funky tunes (the over-production on Pop an example of how NOT to). 'The Playboy Mansion' has wicked lyrics -- classic Bono judges the moral corruption of the world stuff -- and a kick-ass funky Edge guitar lick throughout. 'All Because of You' is just totally exciting and uplifting, especially Bono primal-screaming himself back to childhood in the bridge.

Although I personally like songs like 'Lemon' and 'Numb' and I don't mind 'Elvis Presley and America', I can totally understand why some people don't. But with the three I mention above, I can't get why anyone wouldn't like them.

Well, here's my opinion:

TTYW is a mediocre attempt at U2 trying to incorporate some Americana influences. It never should have beaten Heartland or Spanish Eyes to a slot on JT.

Playboy Mansion is musically plodding and dull, and while some lyrics are alright, others are cringeworthy.

ABOY is ruined by its lyrics. If the HTDAAB version had the demo version's lyrics, I'd probably like it.

gman said:
....least liked u2 song?

Peace on Earth. The only U2 song I have ever truly disliked. In fact, I will go to my grave believing that U2 did not write that song, and did not actually perform it, and that there is no such song, and that I am insane for thinking my copy of ATYCLB contains an additional track between wild honey and when I look at the world.

Re: Re: Your all time No1......

bgmckinney said:

Peace on Earth. The only U2 song I have ever truly disliked. In fact, I will go to my grave believing that U2 did not write that song, and did not actually perform it, and that there is no such song, and that I am insane for thinking my copy of ATYCLB contains an additional track between wild honey and when I look at the world.

Good. Someone agrees with me! My brother LOVES that song. I just don't get it at all.

Hmm... there aren't many songs I dislike to be honest. I'd say Elvis Ate America, but it doesn't count.

I've got it. The studio version of Party Girl. One of the worst things I've ever heard.

COBL_04 said:
Hmm... there aren't many songs I dislike to be honest. I'd say Elvis Ate America, but it doesn't count.

I've got it. The studio version of Party Girl. One of the worst things I've ever heard.

Hahaha, good point. That's one of the songs I wish they'd spent some extra time on (along with 40). Could've been good if they'd just made it a bit more polished.

Miami: In an album that became the definition of a veteran band trying too hard to re-invent themselves for a new generation, this is the one song that had me thinking, "These guys really missed the boat here."

One Step Closer: I don't hate it so much for what it is, but more for what it's not. This is the type of atmospheric song that they could knock out in their sleep earlier in their career. No so here. I have similar feelings about OOTS.

Big Girls Are Best: Can't get too down on a b-side, but let's just say it's a good thing this didn't make an LP.

Yahweh: Made a nice recovery in its acoustic incarnation during the Vertigo Tour, but the album version is just bombastic and heavy-handed.

New York: The music for this track is great, Bono just misstepped lyrically. It happens, but it's frustrating because Mr. Hewson had quite a canvas to work with here.

New York - "hot as a hair dryer in you face, hot as a hand bag and a can of mace" enough said

The Refugee - horrible vocals, music, its U2 trying to fit in with the 80's sick

Rattle and Hum - I realy dont like U2 doing the blues although great vocals from bono, I dont like the blues - I think of U2 as more Ero aptmospheric ringing guitars stuff (although Heartland is nice, Desire on Zootv is insane, and oviously All I want is you is pretty great)

Some days are better than other - the lyrics ahhhh

The playboy Masion

Elevation - just mindless and i hate how every person u talk to is like oooo u like U2 that band that does elevation

shaun vox said:
"City of Blinding Lights" bores the shit out of me.
this is me listening to it zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

City of Blinding Lights suffers from the worst mixing on any U2 song ever. It could have been an amazing track, but the way it was mixed sounds like soap-opera intro music.

Don't get my wrong, I love the song.... But I love the song more than the way it was mixed. I love the song because I can hear a better mix in it.

Back
Top Bottom