you´re favourite U2 music video..and why

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*sofia*

Refugee
I bet this question has been here many times before but I´m just interested: what´s your favourite video and why? mine probably is Stay (faraway, so close.....) I love the whole angel thing and I almost had a heart-attack when Bono-Angel hit the ground in the end.. :ohmy: and when bono is whispering words in to the young band´s singers ear.. :drool: :) it´s beautiful!
stuck in a moment is also great. I guess I love to watch Bono being thrown around.... :D

really??? - both of u??? - I thought it was just me - I m in LOVE with Stay video and I also love Berlin so it is the only natural choice!!! These angels r killing me :angel:

Mine is The Fly!!! I love the atmosphere there, so mysterious and futuristic, and Bono's appearence, he was tempting!!! Simply flawless video!!!! :love:

My Favourite U2 Video is either the One bar version or Lemon.
I love Lemon becuase it is just so different from any other video ever and I love it even more so cause Bono makes me laugh with that peephole camera lense which makes his head look so much bigger. One is just great beause Bono is at his best and he smokes ;) hahaha.

LuvandPeace1980 said:
One is just great beause Bono is at his best and he smokes ;) hahaha.

I love One as well. I've never seen anyone make smoking look so good.

But my favorite is Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses. Bono is so intense and is at his absolute sexiest.

My favorite is "The Sweetest Thing" because its so.......well.....sweet. If I was a woman, theres no way I wouldnt be impressed by Bono in that video. Not to mention, its pretty funny:wink:

Where The Streets Have No Name and Pride. Those two videos have classic 80's U2 written all over them.

I can't pick just one... Lately I've been watching One the drag version, and Lemon alot. I also really like the Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me video. It's the perfect song to be animated, not to mention, cartoon U2 is hawt. :wink:

I myself am very close to being a PLEBA girl ;) also one of the reasons Stay is awesome-okay, it´s not a reason, it´s just fun-I have a picture of me standing below the huge angel-statue. Berlin´s supercool. :D grrreat videos all around! how CAN you possibly pick just one??

ooh yeah, discotheque! :lol: :lol: the village people!! no wonder larry´s laughing at the end of it :D it´s hilarious! well, if they keep pulling off stuff like that they´ll never get bored

too difficult to choose one, but probably Angel of Harlem
also SYCMOYO, Streets, Discotheque, Stay, The Sweetest Thing, One........All great!

i love the EBTTRT video but it gives me a headache sometimes with that camera lol

love the Numb video as well. poor old edge getting messed about with!

Stay and One (bar) are the most beautiful and seductive Bono videos :love:

Streets is the best whole band video and best overall IMO.

Stay - I was a fan of 'Wings of Desire' and 'Far Away, So Close' way before I liked U2 because the imagery was so rich and beautiful, so naturally, the video fits in with that description. I was absoultely thrilled to find out that U2 had done a video with the same theme (I've been a fan of the films for ages, but never thought U2's video ran along the same lines). It runs like poetry on film, to use a much used quote.
Stay is closely seconded by the Buffalo version of One.

U2Kitten said:

Streets is the best whole band video and best overall IMO.

:up: that video still stands up today
I love New Year's Day because I have great memories of watching actual videos (gasp) on MTV and that and Gloria were always on - Watched MTV over Saturday morning cartoons - with the exception of when Smurfs were on:D)
One was the video that made me develop a crush on Bono
Stay is just beautiful
Electrical Storm - well - I'm female - I 'm supposed to like that video :drool:

very tough to decide......im gonna go with the first video which was shot for Stuck in a moment...., the one filmed in LA.
I also love the videos for New Years Day, HMTMKMKM, One(Joanu) and Beautiful Day.

As much as I love the Stay and One videos I have to go with If God Will Send His Angels (without the crap scenes from City of Angels) there's just something about that video that whenever I watch it I can't take my eyes of the screen

:confused: :crazy: :combust: almost impossible to decide on one video. For me, all these qualify:

1. One (the Berlin video) I think of this video everytime I listen to the song.
2. Stay - just gorgeous and Berlin again! :hyper: okay I admit I'm a euro nut.
3. Even Better - coolest camera work ever and for some reason I can't get enough of that shade of blue in music videos. :huh:
4. Numb. Can't believe nobody mentioned Numb.
5. Lemon
I could go on and on but I won't.

Ooooh this is tough! I can't pick one...

1. The Fly-the way Edge looks at the camera towards the end(oh yea!) and Bono looking so hot...:drool:

2. SYCMIOYO-the whole video is beautiful and emotional and Bono actually takes off his glasses!!

3. SIAMYCGOO-The version where he gets thrown out of the truck...

4. ISHFWILF- Bono's little shimmy dance that he does.. :giggle:

5. With or Without You-such an intense song...

Also impossible for me to choose just one.

I love Stay and Electrical Storm, as well as Stuck In a Moment (not the Khan one :yuck: ), and I really like All Because of You right now too. :shrug:

My current favorite is If God Will Send His Angels. :love: I have watched the clip with the director's commentary on the Best of 90-2000 DVD I don't know how many times. :drool: Oh you wanted a reason...I don't know, it just tells the story of the song so well, and all the different people and stuff you can see in the background is funny. :happy:

Last edited:
I only discovered the video for Stay a couple of days ago and I think it's fabulous.

Bono kills me in that video; the look on his face when he's whispering to the singer gets me every time.

Discotheque might snatch it though ... gotta love a bit of camp ;)

Discotheque.
Village People, irony, and a mirror-ball guitar!

Even Better Than The Real Thing.
The spinning camera is amazing, can't really figure out how they did it.

Electrical Storm.
Anton Corbijn.

Beautiful Day.
I love the imagery.

:rockon: :yes: Gloria will always be my fave...and #1 choice, because I fell for Bono in That video! :drool: But, I also love 'Two hearts'.., NYD, the original 'I will follow'..cuz it was soo raw&fresh in those days:heart: :D , and Mysterious Ways, Beautiful Day.., and I love Bono in SHFWILF!!:heart:

Back
Top Bottom