You know you are a diehard U2 fan when.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moonlit_Angel said:

Haha, my parents did that when U2 lost at the Oscars. :D.

Angela

yeah my mom did that too

i'd never thought about the electric co thing until i landed on it and said "i'll buy the electric co! hey!!! *starts singing*"

Here's a few that I'm guilty of:

Putting U2 quotes at the top of your research papers and presentations, even in graduate school. I wrote a paper on St. Augustine's changing perceptions of death in the Confessions and added a quote from Walk On. Then I gave a presentation on Horace's views of immortality with a quote from Dirty Day.

Showing U2 videos in class...and you're the teacher!

Making tons of U2 mix tapes/CDs for your friends and family.

One of my students wrote a nasty letter to the editor of the campus paper after the SuperBowl because he said that U2 had only played two songs, when technically, counting MLK, they had played three. They printed her letter in the paper, and we all had a good laugh over it in class. Then we watched my taping of the SuperBowl performance!

Skipping work and class to go to the record store and get the new U2 release.

Thanking U2 in the acknowledgments page to your master's thesis. :eek:

Feeling obligated to explain the deeper meaning of U2 songs to the casual listener, whether they want to hear about it or not!

Ah, precious memories.

HeartlandGirl said:

Feeling obligated to explain the deeper meaning of U2 songs to the casual listener, whether they want to hear about it or not!

:yes: ...and usually that's followed by a long pause from the "casual" listener or just a simple "really?...emm...that's nice" just to get me off their backs.

LOL, hey, we're just trying to get them to think more about the songs, if they don't care it's their loss, right?

A couple more:

-Writing U2 quotes/song lyrics on the inside and back covers of your notebooks
-Decorating a cover for your books with stuff related to U2, be it drawings or pictures or quotes or lyrics (I'm one of those kids who's constantly drawing or coloring or doodling whenever I'm not busy during school...kids comment on that all the time, they look over at me and are like, "What are you drawing?" or "You draw an awful lot" or things like that).

It's fun, though! I like art, and I don't like leaving papers or covers plain, I like to decorate them.

Angela

When you see an ad for the movie "The Sweetest Thing" and the U2 song automatically starts playing in your head.

When you see an ad for the movie "From The Cradle 2 the Grave" and "All I Want Is You" automatically starts playing in your head.

Last edited:
filledeperle said:
Here's a few:

You get really pissed off when someone mispronounces Bono's name

Whenever a U2 song comes on the radio, you get this big, stupid smile on your face.

If you're going through an encyclopedia or a book about Ireland, you frantically search for any mention of U2.

Pretty scary, huh?:D

Perle

:yes: :yes: :yes: SO true!

Also...

You get royally pissed off whenever anybody says anything remotely bad about U2.

Your friends think that that's all you listen to.

Your friends ask you every time they see you if you've been to a U2 concert lately.

You have a U2 tattoo.

You want to take a trip to/move to Dublin.

bayernfc said:
-you had a U2ish dream last night 'cause of reading all this....:D

yeah, it was pop-bono and pop-larry drinking shots of vodka at a bar in what was probably florida discussing latin grammar and ancient rome :huh: someday i will have a normal dream, i swear i will...

IWasBored said:

yeah, it was pop-bono and pop-larry drinking shots of vodka at a bar in what was probably florida discussing latin grammar and ancient rome :huh: someday i will have a normal dream, i swear i will...

mine wasn't a musical one either......I was getting help from Bono on my economics exam:eyebrow: .......and the other guys were like "here we go again"...like in the simpsons..(god even my dreams are square!!!).....I didn't expect for a dream about the guys be school related!!!:sexywink:

bayernfc said:

mine wasn't a musical one either......I was getting help from Bono on my economics exam:eyebrow: .......and the other guys were like "here we go again"...like in the simpsons..(god even my dreams are square!!!).....I didn't expect for a dream about the guys be school related!!!:sexywink:

that's when you know you've been spending too much time on school work

Back
Top Bottom