You Know You Are A Crazed U2 Fan When....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JemEvans

War Child
Hello, Hello. I'm @ a place called Vertigo...-devi
Alright I don't know if something like this has been posted up b4 but just go along with this Please. Some of us in the chat were bored and out of no where I start doing the alphabet U2 style! Now You Know You Are A Crazed U2 Fan When..... You can change the entire alphabet to go along with U2 !! like A is for Adam B is for Bono C is for Clayton and so on. Now here I'm wondering...anyone else got something good to add to this ??? What other things give proof that you know you are a crazed U2 fan when....
I know you guys can come up with answers to that... what U2 fan can't LOL ok i'm done.

------------------
Fear Not..For I'll Be Watching You. And I know what you're all thinking. FOR SHAME!!

.............. when you own a U2 cell phone cover, U2 license plate and have a U2 tattoo.

------------------
You've got me feeling hella good
So let's just keep on dancing...

sicy@interference.com
My Lair

When in every conversation you have with others you somehow manipulate it to encorporate U2 - even if they aren't U2 fans, and when they already make fun of you for doing it...
Or when your friends refer to you as "super fan"...

------------------
It's like lotto - you gotta be in it to win it.

Keepin it krunk...

33453%3C6%3B23232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3234%3E%3A%3A3%3E569%3Ewsnrcg%3D323239%3A7%3B9788nu0mrj

ebay.. $35.

When someone comments that it is a Beautiful Day, you break out into song.

You get upset when someone says Bone-O.

You have a special CD case filled with just U2 CDs.

You get all excited when you turn on the radio and actually hear them in an area that mostly plays country music and Top 40 crap.

And (true story), when someone asks you if you've heard that new U2 song, you think "The Hands that Built America," and get all excited and then come to find out they were talking about "Walk On" and you're like wtf???

------------------
Daisy

~*~We are one, but we're not the same
We've got to carry each other~*~

AIM:daisyone75

When you are talking to your significant other and any of your replies start with:

"...oh - that was like the time I went down early to see the mirrorball lemon..."

"...yeah, I know - that is almost like the scene from Outside it's America where Phil Joaneau yells at the camera man..."

"...yeah - it hurt almost as bad as being pushed up against the barrier in 1992 when the Edge broke into the solo in UTEOTW..."

"...that is so funny - that rhymes exactly with 'we'll shine like stars in the summer night, we'll shine like stars in the winter time..."

And they just look at you with a blank stare, and then simply shake their head back and forth in disapproval...

[This message has been edited by ouizy (edited 05-24-2002).]

When you are in a bar with a group of friends, and WOWY starts playing.... everyone at your table starts singing along.... suddenly, you start singing "well shine like stars in the summer night, well shine like stars in the winter night....".... only to open your eyes a second later to realize that all 20 people at your table are staring at you.... then someone looks at you and says.... "dude, I thought that you were a U2 fan, and you don't even know the words"... so you drag them out to your car and find 'that' version of the song so that they know you aren't nutso....

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

you sell all you material possessions and pilgrimmage to the site of the former Joshua Tree where you dress in sack-cloth and ashes to undergo a 2 week period of lamenting and fasting.

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

When you make your husband buy you a "special" oak bookcase just for your U2 books, magazines, programs and vinyl records

When you are in a store or restaurant and you go into a trance and no longer hear the salesperson/your sister/your husband/your kids because a U2 song is playing

When you realize your CD case has 87 U2 CDs and 13 "others" which all happen to be U2 related or Irish in some way or another

Like Sicy said, when you own a U2 license plate

When you realize that you have enough U2 t-shirts to wear a different one every day of the week...for 2 weeks

Your husband starts to give you dirty looks everytime he turns on the DVD player because chances are, he will find the Boston DVD inside, still warm from the last time it was played. "Just what do you do while I'm gone all day honey?"

Even though you have all the albums, you still check out the "U2" section at Best Buy...there might be some rare single that you don't have...but there never is..

Charlene...you have 87 U2 CD's? Dang girl...

I have some more........
I am a cashier, and when I have to order change, there's a spot where you put the register number....so when I happen to be on register 2, I put "U2"
Needless to say, they know who ordered the change...

"Cleaning your room" means removing the U2 items from the bookshelf and dusting the bookshelf-just the bookshelf, not the actual room that needs cleaning, or the rug that needs vacuuming.....just the U2 stuff, cause you have to keep it all in good condition.

Originally posted by daisybean:

You have a special CD case filled with just U2 CDs.

Wait, you have only ONE???
wink.gif

How about...when you and a friend exchange valentines, you exchange U2 valentines.

Whenever you give a gift to someone who's a U2 fan, you include a U2 postcard, written as if it were from a member of the band.

You spend many a Sunday midmorning meeting with your other crazy local fans at an Irish pub.

You celebrate U2 holidays like "Bono's Birthday!" at pubs with said fans.

(This week), friends and coworkers say "Hey, guess where BONO is right now?" and you reply, "He's travelling throughout Africa with Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill to take a look at how foreign aid is being used and how it can be used in the future. Yesterday they were in Ghana and they will be going to South Africa today...." *watch their eyes widen and then glaze over*

You consider decking a friend who just called U2's last album "Beautiful Day."

You consider kissing the same friend because he owns Zooropa and POP and loves them both!

biggrin.gif

-When the most unexpected people come to you and ask: So YOU are the U2 fan?, and wander around your cubicle and see all your pics on a board and your PC wallpaper with a delicious pic of Bono *sigh*

-When everybody you know comes and says:

1Hey! I just saw Bono on the news!
2Guess what? I DREAMT of you and U2
3Did you hear U2 an hour ago on the radio? They played that song you love, what is it called? I can't live with or without you?
4-I saw a U2 poster on a store yesterday...
5-I didn't knew U2 had a song in Tomb Raider
6- That Edge guy seems so cool (My sis)
7- Don't you like that guy? He has Bono's nose! (My mom lol
biggrin.gif
)
And the most touching thing:
8- Ana, let's watch Rattle and Hum! (My cousin) *sniff*

------------------
'... baby's always attracted to the things she's affraid of...'

a lot of the above reasons plus...

you camp outside the arena all night to get in the heart (I've never camped outside for ANY concert), or wait outside the arena for hours trying to meet the band

your non-U2 friends call Bono Bone-o just because they know you'll get mad

Like Jem, doing the alphabet, a friend of mine and I did a sort of "word association" thing with U2 song titles...we've done this in chat before to...for instance, somehow we were talking about beans, and started coming up with U2 song titles like...Even Better than the Bean thing, With or Without Beans, Beautiful Bean, Where the Beans Have No Name...etc.
icon27.gif

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

u know when...
your 84 year old dad writes on your b'day card.." IOU one ticket to see U2 when they come to Australia"
What an old groover.
or... a friend sees you a block away in town and runs, not walks and you think ,shessh what's the emergency?And she hands you a picture of Bono the size of a postage stamp, that she cut out of the paper a month ago and kept for you, 'cause she thought you'd like it!!

BEANS!! i seem to recall a funnier substitute word than that. I recall all manner of things being Thrown Thru a Window. LMAO. And the shopping lists..
Sundae Bloody Sundae
I Still Haven't Found What I am Looking For...In Aisle 3

Originally posted by ABEL:
your non-U2 friends call Bono Bone-o just because they know you'll get mad

Argh! My boyfriend's friends do this all the time!! it's all in good fun - but they give it to him even worse then me. Like. -"Does she make you wear beanies or fly shades before you can go anywhere?"
biggrin.gif

------------------

Say Goodbye, Don't Follow.

Rest in Peace Layne.

Originally posted by ABEL:
Like Jem, doing the alphabet, a friend of mine and I did a sort of "word association" thing with U2 song titles...we've done this in chat before to...for instance, somehow we were talking about beans, and started coming up with U2 song titles like...Even Better than the Bean thing, With or Without Beans, Beautiful Bean, Where the Beans Have No Name...etc.
icon27.gif

What's this!! You can't even say who it was?? *runs off to corner to lament and plays One over and over*
tongue.gif

Originally posted by clarityat3am:
You can't even say who it was??

LMAO!

*peers at clarty*

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

When everybody you know comes and says:
1Hey! I just saw Bono on the news!
2Guess what? I DREAMT of you and U2
:yes: I had a friend who I hadn't talked to in forever call yesterday to tell me she had a dream that U2 showed up at her door and said I sent them there...you know it's bad when you start to invade your friends' subconscious...

Back
Top Bottom